Am I the only one who feels dupped by the democratic party? Do I have to vote for McCain now to show to my party that I don't agree with super delegates? Don't we live in democracy? People should be choosing presidents not our elected officials.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-08 08:31 PM
    Go for it!! Show the Dems you mean business.
    06-07-08 08:34 PM
    I am going McCain this year.

I don't trust any Clinton, sorry if anyones last name is Clinton , and I still have no idea what Obama has in store, other than "change".

I definitely don't agree with everything McCain does, then again that is true with all politians, but at least I know where he stands.
    06-07-08 08:38 PM
    ummm ............ you're right we live in a republic not a democracy

and yeah show those dems you mean business!
    06-07-08 08:42 PM
    I wont vote for McCain. He wants to put limits on the internet, in favor of wire taps, and worst of all doesn't care if we are in war for another 50 years. Actually, it's not that he doesn't care, he supports staying in the war for another 50 years, and will most likely go to war with Iran. He will win because of his "experience", his age, and the biggest factor shown on polls, his race. I personally think Clinton, Obama and McCain suck, but people will never want as much change as Ron Paul wants (more freedom, less government intervention, more choice etc..), so let these pushovers continue to destroy what this country stands.
    06-07-08 08:44 PM
    I haven't completely decided who I'm voting for but I am deathly afraid that every young person is going to go democrat, especially because a lot of celebs are endorsing their party. I think it's sad that American's can't use their own brains and vote the way the celebrities and their friends vote...not on the nominee's stance on the major issues facing our society like it should be.
    06-07-08 08:53 PM
    More freedom less government would be great but I am sure we will never see it. I agree we have no choice this november. But unfortunately it really does matter who wins as long as we have the house and the senate there will not be much change. One person president or not can not make much of a difference. Every 4 yrs we are promised change and that things will get better, it has not happened. The next 4 yrs will be no different sad but true

06-07-08 09:00 PM
    I wont vote for McCain. He wants to put limits on the internet, in favor of wire taps, and worst of all doesn't care if we are in war for another 50 years. Actually, it's not that he doesn't care, he supports staying in the war for another 50 years, and will most likely go to war with Iran..
    A little comment here that gets WAAAY blown out of the water, then again it is politics and it all does, but McCain said he would be in favor of troops being there for another 50-100 years if our troops weren't being killed and acting a peace service like we are in almost every other country. He not once said he wanted to be in WAR for 50 years...don't believe everything you hear from Obama
    06-07-08 09:29 PM
    McCain is stable and has some wisdom to bring to the table. I have confidence in President McCain's ability to "keep it between the lines" when dealing with the United State's interests.

Obama is only in touch with a few folks. His secrets that have not been publicized yet is what really scares me. His relations with admitted terrorists and advantaged pulpit abusers scare me. His refusal to recite the United States of America Pledge Allegiance to the Flag scares me. His inability to relate with common hard working Americans scares me. His radical Muslim background scares me. I could go on, but I think most of us know that Mr. Obama wants "change" from what the typical patriotic president would do.

06-07-08 10:08 PM
    McCain is stable and has some wisdom to bring to the table. I have confidence in President McCain's ability to "keep it between the lines" when dealing with the United State's interests.

Obama is only in touch with a few folks. His secrets that have not been publicized yet is what really scares me. His relations with admitted terrorists and advantaged pulpit abusers scare me. His refusal to recite the United States of America Pledge Allegiance to the Flag scares me. His inability to relate with common hard working Americans scares me. His radical Muslim background scares me. I could go on, but I think most of us know that Mr. Obama wants "change" from what the typical patriotic president would do.

You have been watching too much Fox News and listening to far too much Hannity and Limbaugh.

Obama has never refused to recite the pledge. There was a picture circulating on the net that said he would not put his hand over his heart during the pledge. Turns out, at the time that picture was taken it was the singing of the National Anthem, and there is no protocol that says one MUST put their hand over their heart during it.

The idea that Senator Obama has radical Islamic leanings has been shot down by every reputable news organization. But then again there is Fox News.

As to his associations, I could not care less. The day we start holding people accountable for what a person they know says or thinks, even if only peripherally, is the day we stop being the great Republic we have become.

I am not an Obama supporter, but I think whomever we as individuals support, the least we can do is be intellectually honest.
    06-07-08 10:27 PM
    At least it is good to know that there Americans who care about America. Most people just want change. Change from what? Obama's slogan is 'Change, we can believe in' sounds it is only a believe. He has betrayed his friends of over 20 years from his church. what will stop hin from betraying working Americans after the election?
    McCain is a war veteran he knows what wars are about so he won't just keep our troops in Iraq because he wants too but he will do it because he'll understand the need.

06-08-08 10:35 AM
    You have been watching too much Fox News and listening to far too much Hannity and Limbaugh.

The idea that Senator Obama has radical Islamic leanings has been shot down by every reputable news organization. But then again there is Fox News.
    I don't watch Foxnews but your statement is not exactly true either.

It is documented that he has met with both international and domestic terrorist from radical islams to a domestic bomber.

I am pretty sure these will be brought up in the debate and I personally am interested to hear the reasoning.
    06-08-08 10:45 AM
    I'm voting for Reagan! : ). Seriously all three of them scare the heck out of me. I don't think any of the candidates are equipt to handle the country's current state.

06-08-08 10:45 AM
    I'm voting for Reagan! : ). Seriously all three of them scare the heck out of me. I don't think any of the candidates are equipt to handle the country's current state.

Well now you only have to worry about 2 of them since Clinton finally bailed out.

When you look at experience it is clear that McCain has that advantage, although no one will agree with any candidate 100%.

Obama's "relationships" scare me, but even outside of that, I would like to see any candidate have more experience before preaching "change" and becoming the president.
    06-08-08 10:50 AM
    what "changes" does Osama propose?

Here, let me outline them:

Did you get all that?

06-08-08 10:52 AM
    Neither one have what it takes to lead this country! McCain isn't much better...but better nonetheless

06-08-08 12:37 PM
    It is documented that he has met with both international and domestic terrorist from radical islams to a domestic bomber.
    Documented by whom? Documented where?

Again, I am not an Obama supporter, but throwing out these kinds of scurrilous accusations, without any sort of attribution is why political discourse has devolved into the silliness we have now.

And as to who he knew / knows again I could not care less. I am sure there are truly tons of decent people who knew Ted Bundy, Timothy McViegh, h3ll even Charles Manson. Measure the man on his character and his character alone.
    06-08-08 02:20 PM
    Documented by whom? Documented where?

Again, I am not an Obama supporter, but throwing out these kinds of scurrilous accusations, without any sort of attribution is why political discourse has devolved into the silliness we have now.

And as to who he knew / knows again I could not care less. I am sure there are truly tons of decent people who knew Ted Bundy, Timothy McViegh, h3ll even Charles Manson. Measure the man on his character and his character alone.
    I am not at home so I can not find direct links, but if you google something along the lines of "barak obama bill (real name William) ayers" you will get ton of results back, some with pics of them two together and recently as 6 months ago Barak said he considered him a "friend".

Knowing a known domestic terrorist and considering them a "friend" are extremely different no matter how you try and twist the truth
    06-08-08 02:29 PM
    Anybody who voted for Bush last election should not have a say in who run's our country this time around. Oh, and I forgot to say Bush is doing such a great job!!!!!!
    06-08-08 02:29 PM
    Anybody who voted for Bush last election should not have a say in who run's our country this time around. Oh, and I forgot to say Bush is doing such a great job!!!!!!
    I think most that voted for Bush the second time around did so by voting more for who would protect Amercia more and it was clearly not John Kerry.

The war has been extremely mismanaged but I can't help to think "what if" if Kerry won.
    06-08-08 02:33 PM
    I am not at home so I can not find direct links, but if you google something along the lines of "barak obama bill (real name William) ayers" you will get ton of results back, some with pics of them two together and recently as 6 months ago Barak said he considered him a "friend".

Knowing a known domestic terrorist and considering them a "friend" are extremely different no matter how you try and twist the truth
    Being the news junkie that I am, I know the story, and still don't care.
    Obama is not Ayers, he is not Rev. Wright, he is not Farakhan or anyone else.

And his candidacy has proven that no matter how much crap gets thrown his way, he can take it, brush it off, move on and succeed.

And just for the record, your postings are actually making me like and respect the man more. So thanks for that at least. Just think you may have been instrumental in helping me make my choice.
    06-08-08 02:41 PM
    The war has been extremely mismanaged but I can't help to think "what if" if Kerry won.
    Here you and I have found ground.
    06-08-08 02:42 PM
    Being the news junkie that I am, I know the story, and still don't care.
    Obama is not Ayers, he is not Rev. Wright, he is not Farakhan or anyone else.

And his candidacy has proven that no matter how much crap gets thrown his way, he can take it, brush it off, move on and succeed.

And just for the record, your postings are actually making me like and respect the man more. So thanks for that at least. Just think you may have been instrumental in helping me make my choice.
    I am glad I could help show some light into ones future, you made my day

This reminds me of when something like school shootings happen and everyone blames the parents when the news comes out that they liked certain music, or movies or hung out with the wrong crowd.

If there should be any position where you are guilty my association, the President should be that position.

I guess the die hard Republicans, which I am not, can hope that if Obama wins and then one of these "associations" comes back and does hurt the USA, it would take all the blunder off Bush and make the Republicans look like rockstars again...and everyone can point fingers another 4-8 years yelling "we told you so" instead of using common sense as prevention.
    06-08-08 02:45 PM
    brlintn:

I get what you are saying, I really do. I am just not a guilt by association type of person, no matter what office they aspire to. I don't know how any person enters politics with that Sword of Damocles hanging over them. And lord, some of the people I know, oof!

But I have enjoyed this back and forth, mainly because it didn't devolve into name calling and abject stupidity. You have your point of view, I have mine and we just discussed. Nice
    06-08-08 03:07 PM
    brlintn:

I get what you are saying, I really do. I am just not a guilt by association type of person, no matter what office they aspire to. I don't know how any person enters politics with that Sword of Damocles hanging over them. And lord, some of the people I know, oof!

But I have enjoyed this back and forth, mainly because it didn't devolve into name calling and abject stupidity. You have your point of view, I have mine and we just discussed. Nice
    I agree with that statement most of the time, but the one time I don't or feel anyone should is for the President race. Just as Dems try to associate McCain with Bush, it is up to McCain to prove he is different, if not, he will lose.

I always enjoy a debate, never a need to name call, that is what has made this country great
    06-08-08 03:13 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD