*someone please remind me not to solicit advice on vasectomy surgery here* :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lol....yes, I think it is best to have it done now rather than later.
    03-23-08 09:58 PM
    I guess I'll be in the minority on this one!

I would say no to circumcision. While it is de riguer in the US, I do not feel that validates it. Additionally, you naturally aren't thinking about his future sexual life, but the nerve endings and sensations are greatly reduced for those who are circumcised. Furthermore, I'm surprised by some of the womens' reactions here! Statistically, female orgasm is more easily achieved with men who possess an in-tact foreskin.

It may look different and require a little more attention to cleaning, but billions of people seem to handle it just fine.

I vote no!

03-23-08 11:47 PM
    i'm going with everyone on this one.
    03-24-08 01:19 AM
    My friend is a nurse and she said that a 5 year old kid came in due to penile infection. He had a thick hard crust on the tip so he couldn't pee! The mother didn't properly care for him so the Dr. Had to yank at the ***** so the crust could break! She says it was the most horrific sight and loudest agonizing screams ever. In short, do it!

03-24-08 03:27 AM
    This is a very heated topic on parenting boards...

Family history-
    Father is not (so my mom says)
    Brother is
    Husband is
    one son is
    one son is not
    one nephew is
    two nephews are not (they're my sisters boys & their dad is also not circumsized)
    not sure about other family members...

My advice, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

We circumsized my first son because my husband is and well, we just figured that would be the thing to do. Big mistake! He developed a bad infection afterward and had to have IV antibiotics. It was nasty to take care of for several weeks and he was in a lot of pain (he seems fine now). Three years later I had my second son. I was worried about having the second not look like dad & brother but there was no way I was going to risk more problems. We left him uncircumsized and he has been totally fine. No problems as a baby or a toddler. It was very easy to clean and take care of, just rinse with water.

Where are you? I'm assuming you're in the US. The circumsision rate is around 50% (which is kinda why I spelled out my family history - about 50%). So lots of boys wherever your son will live will be cut and lots will be uncut (unless you're on the west coast and they say only about 1/4 of the boys there are cut now). When I was growing up most guys were circumsized but now it's changes. So unless you are Jewish why risk any complications? Just like my youngest son and my dad have never had problems being uncircumsized, I'm sure your son will be fine being left natural too. I've never heard of men needing it done later but I know of two other babies who had problems after the surgery just like my first son.
    My sister had been with both cut and natural men and she swears the uncut men are better in the sack (I have no way of knowing personally).

Yeah, Jesus was circumsized but he was crucified too so...
    Besides, since Jesus came we (assuming you're Christian) no longer are mandated to circumsize (see udonet. com/circumcision/index. html and www .acts15 .org to read about the religious aspect).

Trust your wife on this. Don't do it. Don't worry about not looking "like father, like son". Neither my cut or uncut son have ever noticed a difference in themselves or their dad. Your kids really aren't going to spend any time looking at your man parts, kwim??? If you're still not sure, check out this link - intact.ca/ vidintro.htm . Sorry to tell you so much info since I don't know you but my oldest had such a bad time with his surgery. You really don't want to do this to your son if you don't have to, trust me.

Congrats on the little baby boy! They are very special!!!
    03-24-08 04:26 AM
    Honestly, I don't know why crackberry just wont let us post pictures of our man goods and parade them on the forum! If you really want to gain insight, I think it'd be the best way hahaha .
    lol i think the day i see that is the day i stop coming here
    03-24-08 05:12 AM
    Well, personally I have always thought I was mad about that having been done, when it is not necessary. But, while in the Army, a friend had it done as an adult. After, I asked him now that he had been both, would he recommend it. He said no question, it is better, and was what he preferred.

Patrick

did he say why he preferred it?
    03-24-08 05:16 AM
    This is a very heated topic on parenting boards...

Family history-
    Father is not (so my mom says)
    Brother is
    Husband is
    one son is
    one son is not
    one nephew is
    two nephews are not (they're my sisters boys & their dad is also not circumsized)
    not sure about other family members...

My advice, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

We circumsized my first son because my husband is and well, we just figured that would be the thing to do. Big mistake! He developed a bad infection afterward and had to have IV antibiotics. It was nasty to take care of for several weeks and he was in a lot of pain (he seems fine now). Three years later I had my second son. I was worried about having the second not look like dad & brother but there was no way I was going to risk more problems. We left him uncircumsized and he has been totally fine. No problems as a baby or a toddler. It was very easy to clean and take care of, just rinse with water.

Where are you? I'm assuming you're in the US. The circumsision rate is around 50% (which is kinda why I spelled out my family history - about 50%). So lots of boys wherever your son will live will be cut and lots will be uncut (unless you're on the west coast and they say only about 1/4 of the boys there are cut now). When I was growing up most guys were circumsized but now it's changes. So unless you are Jewish why risk any complications? Just like my youngest son and my dad have never had problems being uncircumsized, I'm sure your son will be fine being left natural too. I've never heard of men needing it done later but I know of two other babies who had problems after the surgery just like my first son.
    My sister had been with both cut and natural men and she swears the uncut men are better in the sack (I have no way of knowing personally).

Yeah, Jesus was circumsized but he was crucified too so...
    Besides, since Jesus came we (assuming you're Christian) no longer are mandated to circumsize (see udonet. com/circumcision/index. html and www .acts15 .org to read about the religious aspect).

Trust your wife on this. Don't do it. Don't worry about not looking "like father, like son". Neither my cut or uncut son have ever noticed a difference in themselves or their dad. Your kids really aren't going to spend any time looking at your man parts, kwim??? If you're still not sure, check out this link - intact.ca/ vidintro.htm . Sorry to tell you so much info since I don't know you but my oldest had such a bad time with his surgery. You really don't want to do this to your son if you don't have to, trust me.

Congrats on the little baby boy! They are very special!!!

don't be sorry at all... this is what I'm looking for... getting to hear both sides

most of my family says i should do it.. but no one really has a reason... they say "just because"

i have heard of someone who did have complications after they had their cut... but also I've heard of people who've had complications from NOT being cut...
    so it seems like it could go wrong on either side of the coin
    03-24-08 05:20 AM
    I guess I'll be in the minority on this one!

Additionally, you naturally aren't thinking about his future exual life, but the nerve endings and sensations are greatly reduced for those who are circumcised. .

It may look different and require a little more attention to cleaning, but billions of people seem to handle it just fine.

I vote no!

I agree here especially with the nerve ending comment..with proper hygiene, one should have no problem.

Best,

Otto
    03-24-08 10:53 AM
    I have one son due in June and one already. Both will be circumcised. There is no question here with me - hygiene.

With my first boy the only bad thing that happened is the Dr. did the procedure in the middle of the night - messing up my boys sleep pattern. He healed just fine. I had no problems taking care of him, even without running water.

My boys will grow up to be back woods type guys that don't always have access to a shower. To each his own. I hope you make a good decision - ask a pediatrician!
    03-24-08 04:08 PM
    My son was....but if I had another, I might not do it again.

My son developed post circumcision adhesions. Basically, the 'cut' had to be peeled back so that it did not adhere to the head. It was not a fun activity to do to a 3 day old to 3 week old....just saying.

I'd say go with your gut. Being like daddy was the main reasoning for us.

Thank God we had a girl the second time.
    03-24-08 04:16 PM
    This thread is straight up (pun intended) entertainment.

I'm rocking the trunk.

So are my sons.

It is all a matter of opinion. The hard facts (pun intended) are that my parents made the decision for me because my father always struggled with the little scar that his infant surgery left. And when I had kids, I didn't want them meditating too much on the physical differences between them and I.

Cleaning? Yeah, sure. Cleaning is an issue. But puh-leease. Everyone should be washing their genitalia at least once a day. If you aren't, then yeah, your isht might seal up. On the cleaning tip (pun intended) it is a step in the direction of the female's genitalia. No big deal keeping your vaginas clean is there ladies? It isn't even as serious as a vagie-gie.

The only issue is that your kid looks different from a lot of other kids in gym class. But your kid will have more meat down there, and if I have been reading my spam folder correctly, poaple seem to be worried about that lately.

I am reminded of George Thorogood:
    BAD TO THE BONE (pun intended)

"I make a rich woman beg, I'll make a good woman steal
    I'll make an old woman blush, and make a young woman squeal
    I wanna be yours pretty baby, yours and yours alone
    I'm here to tell ya honey, that I'm bad to the bone
    B-B-B-B-Bad
    B-B-B-B-Bad
    B-B-B-B-Bad
    Bad to the bone"
    Last edited by Muphukka; 03-24-08 at 04:44 PM. Reason: I had to ****ing add some **** to ****ing clarify all of this B***S****. ****!
    03-24-08 04:26 PM
    Recent Research shows that circumcision does not prevent any infection and therefore there is no point of doing it... So if you dont mind putting your little kid through pain he will never remember going through so he can look like everyone else in his **** area feel free... If you want him to have a little extra sking and enjoy sex more then go for it but unless your jewish their is no reason to do it.
    03-24-08 04:41 PM
    Please see this article. Reduction of AIDS transmission by 70% over non-circumcision.

Circumcision may offer Africa AIDS hope / Procedure linked to much lower rate of new HIV infections
    03-24-08 06:46 PM
    Please see this article. Reduction of AIDS transmission by 70% over non-circumcision.

Circumcision may offer Africa AIDS hope / Procedure linked to much lower rate of new HIV infections
    Oh Jeez.

It is a foreskin, not a condom.
    03-24-08 06:48 PM
    Circimcise him. He'll thank you later.

03-24-08 06:55 PM
    I mainly want him to be {cut} just so he can be like daddy!
    So you're going to trim your pubes religiously until he hits puberty? And I should hope there is an unmistakable difference in size that you don't plan to alter.

I just think being uncut looks "weird"
    I just saw how 95% of the non-Muslim world does not circumcise. We're weird in the US, but it's only about 50/50 cut/uncut among infants here today. In California and Western states, only a fourth of babies are cut now.

It turns out there is not one national medical association on earth (not even Israel's) that recommends routine circumcision for medical reasons. A few - like in Australia and Rwanda - have reviewed their policies even after the Kenya/Uganda/South Africa controlled HIV trials were announced, and they still don't recommend circumcising infants.

You gotta figure since the majority of today's adults in the US were cut, that most of the dead American men who've succumbed to AIDS were cut at birth. How could circumcision prevent AIDS? Condoms prevent AIDS and NYC gives them away at a cost of 4 cents.

And since when do babies have sex anyway?

-Ron
    03-25-08 01:22 AM
    Cut. Hands down, in terms of health and aestethics.
    03-25-08 02:32 AM
    yea circumsize em! because they wont get infected....and most women like it lol...oops was that too much info????
    03-26-08 08:57 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD