i know there are a few on here that enjoy this hobby as well

im a memeber of both puff.com (i know thats a bad word to some people. lol. forgive me, but the people there are great) and cigaroutcast.com any one else memebers of these forums? if not i highly suggest you join (puff is more active, but cigaroutcast has less rules, so i use both, but a hint, dont talk to much about puff on cigaroutcast)

my username is the same on puff, but for cigaroutcast its stickreview.

i have a new cigar review site

The Stick Review - Home

check it out!

we just started a BB messanger group on puff.com for puff memebers only. so if you join there then check it out as well.

long ashes to you!
    04-06-10 02:05 PM
    I lurk on Puff.com, havent posted there much at all. I need to I recently had a Fuente "Between the Lines" that was fantastic and i meant to do a review...
    04-06-10 06:57 PM
    I lurk on Puff.com, havent posted there much at all. I need to I recently had a Fuente "Between the Lines" that was fantastic and i meant to do a review...
    if your gonna do a review anyway, i would be more then willing to post it up on my site as well as a guest review, the only hemingway review i have is the classic, and i have a goal to do all of them in that line. if you lurk on there alot them im sure you have seen me on there, i post enough that im pretty easy to find on there. just let me know on there when you post it up.

and i cant wait to read it.
    04-06-10 10:59 PM
    Do swisher sweets count? Or is that only laughable offal in the world of real cigars?
    04-07-10 07:24 AM
    Do swisher sweets count? Or is that only laughable offal in the world of real cigars?
    No, Acid Brand cigars are the armpit of the cigar world

I enjoy a good cigar, don't get me wrong. but i never visit forums about the.

we have a local place called "the party source" that does Cigar Tastings every Tuesday, so i get to sample quite an array of good Cigars......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 07:54 AM
    I don't know much at all about cigars but my buddy's a cigar buff and I smoke one with him every once in a while.

This weekend I had a Perdomo Connecticut wrap (I think is what he called it) very mild, not spicy, I liked it alot.
    04-07-10 09:57 AM
    I too love cigars but know nothing about the subject.

I've always made it a point to not learn about them as I know I will want to smoke a whole lot more if I do.
    04-07-10 10:07 AM
    I too love cigars but know nothing about the subject.

I've always made it a point to not learn about them as I know I will want to smoke a whole lot more if I do.
    haha, you got me there, i started just by going to my local shops on the weekends and sometimes after work. now i have a 50 count humi, 150 count humi and tupperador. and smoke at least one a day. its a love hate relationship. lol.
    04-07-10 10:58 AM
    I think I'm gonna go by the shop after work and get myself a birthday cigar.

I want to spend less than $15, any recommendations?
    04-07-10 11:15 AM

want a short one?!?!? arturo fuente short story cigar - GREAT starter cigar, and a favorite among the Cigar veterans

Want a good one with bold flavors?? Oliva V-Serie Robusto torpedo

Want a good mild one : eh.... crap i cannot remember the name... its made by Nub and is the lightest colored one.

04-07-10 12:05 PM

if you can, tell me a few of your favorites, or at least one you really liked. hard to give a recommendation without knowing your preferences, for example, i dont want to tell you to try a camacho triple maduro (excellent cigar by the way) if you like mild-medium cigars, or dont like a maduro wrapper.
    04-07-10 12:06 PM
    want a short one?!?!? arturo fuente short story cigar - GREAT starter cigar, and a favorite among the Cigar veterans

Want a good one with bold flavors?? Oliva V-Serie Robusto torpedo

Want a good mild one : eh.... crap i cannot remember the name... its made by Nub and is the lightest colored one.

the lighter colored nub is the nub connecticut, great cigar, good flavors, but there a little faint, not very bold
    04-07-10 12:08 PM
    the lighter colored nub is the nub connecticut, great cigar, good flavors, but there a little faint, not very bold
    Thanks... i couldn't remember the name of it for the life of me.... it's one of my top 5 easily.....

04-07-10 12:10 PM
    Well the only one I remember is the Perdomo Connecticut I had this weekend but I like it alot. I prefer milder cigars but I'm not opposed to bolder flavors necessarily.

I'm also not opposed to a maduro wrapper, I just remember liking connecticut.

I know nothing about cigars so this may be a challenge for you.
    04-07-10 12:13 PM
    i will just list a few good ones for you to choose from

first and formost. the one that i honestly believe you should get, above all the rest. is a My Father Le Bijou '22. it is between $10 and $15, its a medium flavored cigar, and has a great overall taste.....that being said, here are some other choices

man of war ruination is great, not to week, not too strong

dont know were your at, but im in tampa, and i can find the smaller opus x's for under $15 sometimes, if you can, go for it, its a great smoke.

like i said, the camacho triple maduro is great, but its a strong cigar, at weather or not its under $15 depends on the size you get and the place you get it from

2 more strong cigars that are great and cheaper then the camacho triple maduro, is the new cain F if you can find it, and the rocky patel "patel bros"

for a more earthy flavor, and mild or mild-medium, i will agree with mjneid, any of the hemingway series from fente are great. i dont care for the classic that much because it looses its appeal before the cigr is done, but the short story, best seller, and all the others are a good choice.

any nub is good. the maduro is pretty strong, the habano is second to the mauro in strenth, but the connecticut and the camaroon are both more of a mild or medium cigar

CAO soprano series are good too, but again, there strong.

also, you can go to my website that i have a link to in my sig (and the first post of this thread) and read the reviews. there are only 6 on there as of now, so it wont take long, and choose one of those that sound good

sorry for the triple post,
    04-07-10 12:19 PM
    Well the only one I remember is the Perdomo Connecticut I had this weekend but I like it alot. I prefer milder cigars but I'm not opposed to bolder flavors necessarily.

I'm also not opposed to a maduro wrapper, I just remember liking connecticut.

I know nothing about cigars so this may be a challenge for you.
    haha! naw man, your good. i live, breath, and dream cigars. so its really not that hard to tell you what i think you should get... infact, if it was me, i would grab the My Father i mentioned, and then get a nub connecticut for later, if you smoke it in the nest day or two its really not a big deal not having it in a humidor. and if your lucky, and your local shop has decent pricing, you can get them both for under $20. the nub is a short cigar, but also one of my favorites.

EDIT: note that i have a bad habbit of double posting, and this post started a new page (at least for me) so check the post before this one as well to read it.

EDIT, TAKE 2: i failed to mention that with the my father, make sure to get a bigger size, i find the shorter ones to be a little more harsh, thus not quite as appealing. i suggest the toro size in the bijou My Father. its 6" by 52 ring gauge. its the pefect size of the three. if they dont have the bijou, get a regular My Father (its a couple bucks cheaper anyway) and get the crema no.3
    Last edited by gibson_es; 04-07-10 at 12:34 PM.
    04-07-10 12:24 PM
    Man of War Ruination sounds like my type of cigar (I'm a metalhead, haha)

I'll look at the My Father Le Bijou '22 and the Short Story on yall's recommendation.

I may end up buying a few, my roommate's got a humidor I can use...
    04-07-10 12:29 PM
    the ruination is a good smoke, but it and the myfather are around the same price, and as personal preference goes. i like the my father much better. also, i would get the nub conn. over the short story. but you cant go wrong ether way. (p.s. the best size for the nub is the 460 [4" x 60 ring gauge])
    04-07-10 12:40 PM
    OK. Thanks for the help guys!
    04-07-10 01:41 PM
    I used to love to smoke Big But(t) cigars. But they're more difficult to find locally for me.

I like Romeo and Julieta when I have the time. I smoke Swisher Sweet Wood Tips more frequently though.
    04-07-10 01:41 PM
    Anyone like Opus X? They're my fav (when I can get them)

04-07-10 02:10 PM
    of coarse. there a great cigar. but i dont smoke them that often. at there price point, most of the time i would rather have a padron 64th or something similar.
    04-07-10 02:22 PM
    I used to love to smoke Big But(t) cigars. But they're more difficult to find locally for me.

I like Romeo and Julieta when I have the time. I smoke Swisher Sweet Wood Tips more frequently though.
    Romeo y Julieta are decent, good by not my fave. They are nice for the price point.

04-07-10 02:37 PM
    the RyJ habana reserve is pretty good for the price. but honestly. most of the cuban cigar companies that have a NON cuban counter part, dont have amazing non cuban cigars. and are no comparison to there cuban counterpart.
    04-07-10 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD