this is totally off topic but does anyone here work for chrysler? with all of the bad news going on about plant closings, layoffs, buyouts its not looking good. my stepfather works for chrysler and he is stuck between taking the buyout or staying at work. does anyone have any information or advice about what to do. he is worried that if he stays he will end up getting layed off and not receive anything. if you work for chrysler please i would love your input
    10-24-08 05:32 PM
    It doesn't look good. This round is supposed to be salaried employees, but hourly workers are usually not too far behind. How old is he? The closer to 65 the more he should stay -- and take the buyout if he's really close to retirement. If he's under 50, take the buyout and go to school. There are a lot of fascinating jobs out there.

What a tough decision, good luck to him.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 08:29 PM
    there are two chrysler factories here and this is affecting a lot of friends of mine. most of them are young enough that they are taking the buyouts and moving on. i don't know what the older ones are gonna do though.
    10-24-08 08:35 PM
    I used to work for Chrysler, my opinion is to get away from automotive, I regret ever getting involved with the auto industry. I wish him the best.
    10-24-08 09:39 PM
    I just was reading that GM could be looking to buy Chrysler? Did I read that right? Well whatever happends I just hope whoever takes over they keep the Jeep the same one of the best 4X4's out there.

10-24-08 10:55 PM
    Get out now. Bob nardelli is satans brother. I promise you it will only get worse.

10-24-08 11:00 PM
    GM is in negotiations to buy them.

10-24-08 11:56 PM
    I work for a GM dealership...IF GM buys chrysler he will be out a Job. Take the Package and Run! It is pretty Scary out there right now!
    10-25-08 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD