I am thinking about getting a Chromebook to use as a thin client for work. Basically just use it to RDP into servers and desktops where all the apps I would need to run already exist. Has anyone tried this or have a good/bad experiences with a Chromebook they can share? I have used a nexus 10 over the last year with mixed results. The nexus gets hit and then Randolph reboots or drops my wifi connection.

Posted from my Z10 via CB
    10-10-14 06:49 AM
    Today's Chromebooks are better than ever. I do recommend a 4GB RAM model, and there are a variety of processors and screen sizes (and screen quality) in this year's crop, so you'll want to figure out where your priorities are. The Celeron models (all Haswell-based) are easily the fastest, but of course, they also have less battery life.

The web is full of comparisons of the various models that would do a far better job than I can here, but none of them are bad - some are just better for a particular application than others, when it comes to screen size, resolution, processor speed, battery life, and of course, keyboard/trackpad usability (definitely look at that!).

You'll love the 2-second boot time and the overall speed, but again, unless you only ever have a couple of browser tabs open, you'll want a 4GB RAM model. I rarely have fewer than 20 tabs open, so that's a priority for me.
    10-10-14 11:59 AM
    Chromebook is making a big push into enterprise recently from the ability to use single corporate sign-on thru Chromebooks for Work program to corporate apps such as Citrix Receiver ChromeOS.

Second the recommendation to get a 4GB model. I'm a heavy tab user and have to refresh on the 2GB model.
    10-10-14 04:20 PM
    Moved to OT, sorry, nothing to do with BlackBerry

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    10-10-14 04:24 PM
    Have a look here, if you'd like an "alternative" opinion. Of course, it's by Microsoft and therefore "slightly" biased... ;-)

http://www.scroogled.com/chromebook

Even if you don't agree, it's still kinda funny. Windows still has more "apps", and doesn't rely on the cloud features that much.

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    10-12-14 07:42 AM
    Hey. Im curious to know if the Citrix Receiver is available for Chromebook again. I was in search for a similar machine just to RDP to my office desk but when i was buying, Citrix had decommissioned Receiver for Chrome OS. Thus ended up buying a Mac. I can still move to Chromebook if Citrix is available again
    10-13-14 02:02 PM
    Hey. Im curious to know if the Citrix Receiver is available for Chromebook again. I was in search for a similar machine just to RDP to my office desk but when i was buying, Citrix had decommissioned Receiver for Chrome OS. Thus ended up buying a Mac. I can still move to Chromebook if Citrix is available again
    Here's the announcement of Receiver for Chromebook but it requires your IT to support Storefront. Chrome Receiver DL link
    tusilal likes this.
    10-13-14 03:10 PM