I love hearing how everyone has a different traditions for Christmas. It is amazing how these are carried from one generation to the next (of course modified along the way). Some folks celebrate Christmas eve, possibly opening one gift on the night. Or maybe it is opening presents on Christmas morning, then church and Grandma's house. For me it is a traditional turkey dinner on Christmas evening with a bunch of my friends who either have no family locally or will not gather with them until Christmas day. Christmas morning is opening gifts first thing in the morning, eat pancakes and this year we are starting a new tradition of hitting the slopes and going skiing after breakfast.

What is your Holiday tradition?
    12-23-09 09:56 PM
    We have a big family get together with my dad's side of the family, with a grab bag and lots of food and drink.

Christmas Eve at my mother in laws, Christmas morning at home, then off to my parent's.
    12-24-09 03:42 AM
    Location varies every year but it's normally my immediate family that gets together.

We open one gift on Christmas Eve (which is always new pajamas, it used to be a toy when we were kids)

Christmas morning always starts early with cream chipped beef with orange juice and coffee for breakfast. Every single year since I was born. It's probably my favorite part about Christmas.
    12-24-09 10:37 AM
    Cream chipped beef for brekkie???

Ugh......

I mean, I like sh!t on a shingle and everything, but breakfast????
    12-24-09 11:27 AM
    Yeah! Over English muffins.

Its a healthy, nutritious Christmas breakfast.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 01:15 PM
    OH yeah, but it's for New years breakfast! Christmas morning is for cleaning up after Santa (his left over cookies and brownies are pretty good),

But as the years have gone on, getting together with a bunch of friends, for dinner has been my long time Christmas tradition.
    Sometimes we trade places and pot luck it, and sometimes one of the brave souls (normally me), wipes out the apron and roasts or bakes something festive. Well as festive as salmon or a fall apart roast can be.
    Last edited by BlkBear; 12-24-09 at 02:12 PM.
    12-24-09 02:08 PM
    get drunk christmas eve with the family, go to midnight mass still buzzed, then wake up in the AM open gifts, helps parents get food ready for the day
    12-24-09 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD