Growing up in Southern California where I am almost sure Rosco's Chicken n'
    Waffles was originated, Crenshaw, California, you'd think I would have tried it
    by now. But I never have. And to tell you the truth I didn't think people
    literally ate fried chicken and waffles together. That was until a couple of
    Sundays ago.

The NFL conference championship games were to start at 12pm local time and
    I went to go watch it at a friend's place who lives in Long Beach. Yes, home
    of the snoop d-o-double g. Well as I was driving there I called my friend up
    and asked where he was. He said he and some others were at Rosco's getting
    some grub before they headed to Nick's house. We had about 40 minutes 'til
    game time and Rosco's is local in Long Beach. I wasn't very hungry but he told
    me to go anyway to kill time. So on my way there I'm still thinking that there
    is no way I'm going to see anyone literally eating chicken with waffles. I get
    there, and there's a security guard outside directing traffic for parking. This
    is about 11am. Well I walk in and get to their table and as soon as I get there
    the waitress is brining their plates....

My goodness, the plates were of fried chicken and waffles

I couldn't believe that this really was. I looked around the crowded place and
    everyone else was having the same. I couldn't bring myself to try it and still
    to this day have not. The waitress noticed that I just got there and asked
    what I would like. I said nothing today, thank you. She kind of stared at me
    for what felt like two seconds with sort of a "You're kidding, right?" face.
    Like I was crazy for not wanting to eat chicken and waffles.

I just want to apologize to those that I doubted that chicken is actually
    eaten with waffles.
    02-02-10 07:55 PM
    I've never tried it together. Kinda makes my stomach hurt looking at it...
    02-03-10 12:02 AM
    Yeah that day I really didn't wanna get myself into anything. Especially fried chicken being mixed with maple syrup
    02-03-10 01:21 AM
    Thats just grody.
    02-03-10 01:27 AM
    Maybe I'm a little off, but I think that sounds delicious. I've seen some stuff on foodnetwork/travel channel showing some restaurants that serve up chicken and waffles and every time I want to try it even more. Just wish there was a place up here that served it (or that I knew about)...
    02-03-10 02:19 AM
    DUDE! im going to rocoes on friday. thanks for reminding me of that godly combination
    02-03-10 03:10 AM
    I had to look... now I'm not so sure I did the right thing....

02-03-10 06:10 AM
    Never tried. But anyone tried bacon and pancakes with maple syrup? Its rather yummy !!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 06:38 AM
    Oh Lawdy, don't get us started on bacon again...
    02-03-10 06:48 AM
    BACON!

Before I saw the pic, I was thinking a chicken sandwich with waffles as the bread.
    02-03-10 07:19 AM
    Never tried. But anyone tried bacon and pancakes with maple syrup? Its rather yummy !!

One of my favorite combos! I love getting syrup all over the bacon!
    02-03-10 08:16 AM
    Fried chicken and waffles rocks, bro. I love it...
    02-03-10 08:18 AM
    Chicken and waffles is the ish.

BUT it started in the south (I think MS but I'm not sure) and those damn rappers stole it from us.
    02-03-10 08:20 AM
    Oh I wasn't saying that chicken n' waffles started here. It does sound like a product of the South. I was talking more about Rosco's. Or is it Roscoe's? I'm not sure.
    02-03-10 09:19 AM
    Well definitely no Rosco's around these parts, I know they started in Cali. No idea what the spelling is.

It's actually hard to find chicken and waffles in Jackson, I think I've only heard of 1 place that serves it and it might not even be in the city.
    02-03-10 09:23 AM
    Dude, you went to the one on Broadway? That place is ridiculous. It gets packed. Oh, and I get the Country Boy. The two "W's"... Wings and waffles.
    02-03-10 12:29 PM
    Roscoe's Chicken N' Waffles is the shizzle. I've been to the one on the corner of Sunset and Gower (Hollywood). Good grub.
    02-03-10 12:35 PM
    Dude, you went to the one on Broadway? That place is ridiculous. It gets packed. Oh, and I get the Country Boy. The two "W's"... Wings and waffles.
    Yeah that one. We left at just about 12 noon and that's when it started to
    get crowded and people were waiting. Many church goers go after church
    from what I've been told.
    02-03-10 12:43 PM
    02-03-10 01:09 PM
    Yeah that day I really didn't wanna get myself into anything. Especially fried chicken being mixed with maple syrup
    Hummm, Fried chicken and waffles = fried chicken and bread. The syrup of course would have been your personal choice. And judging from their menu, you can pretty much have anything in any combo, with or without the waffles or chicken. <snicker>

For sure a place you would not want to eat three meals a day 7 days a week.
    But if you like friend chicken or waffles, you can have them together or all on their own.
    02-03-10 01:24 PM
    My goodness, the plates were of fried chicken and waffles

I couldn't believe that this really was. I looked around the crowded place and
    everyone else was having the same. I couldn't bring myself to try it and still
    to this day have not. The waitress noticed that I just got there and asked
    what I would like. I said nothing today, thank you. She kind of stared at me
    for what felt like two seconds with sort of a "You're kidding, right?" face.
    Like I was crazy for not wanting to eat chicken and waffles.
    I think she gave you the look, for being in a busy, crowded restaurant, and not wanting anything period. Kinda like the looked you'd get, arriving at a pool, in swim trunks, goggles, flippers and water wings, and having no plans to actually get in the water.
    02-03-10 01:34 PM
    I think she gave you the look, for being in a busy, crowded restaurant, and not wanting anything period. Kinda like the looked you'd get, arriving at a pool, in swim trunks, goggles, flippers and water wings, and having no plans to actually get in the water.
    Perhaps. But she seemed pretty enthusiastic about the food she had just
    served to my friends as I sat down. I'm leaning more towards the because I
    didn't want to eat what she was bringing them.
    02-03-10 01:47 PM
    Perhaps. But she seemed pretty enthusiastic about the food she had just
    served to my friends as I sat down. I'm leaning more towards the because I
    didn't want to eat what she was bringing them.
    Hey at least she was enthusiastic, can't count the number of times I got Zombie wait persons in some places I have gone. Only thing that didn't happen was them trying to eat my brains. But at least they were the old fashion zombies and not the new style zombies, that can run and jump!

Wait staff come in many varieties, but here are two you normally get

Attack Ninjas, arrive and depart quickly, only to appear with your drinks, salads and main meals before you can take the first sip of your water.

The Living Dead (aka Zombies), everything takes forever. And even if the order is wrong, you eat it for fear it will take even more "forever", before the correct thing arrives.
    02-03-10 03:02 PM
    Chicken n Waffles are right up there with Fish N Grits!
    02-03-10 08:23 PM
    One of my favorite combos! I love getting syrup all over the bacon!
    Yeah its so goood but I must have chicken and waffles sometime soon!

02-03-10 08:24 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD