Just completed the paint on my Pearl. Its a flat black color. Waiting on my black keypad to complete the customization. Tell me what you think.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-08 12:44 PM
    No tail, no whiskers, no tiny foot prints in the cheese.

Look good, how does the paint hold up to pocket/pouch in and out and finger/hand oils?

I have noticed that flat black tends to get shiny spots due to handle from hands/faces.
    10-13-08 01:38 PM
    I just finished it 3 hours ago, and so far the paint has held up. No shiny spots yet.

Haven't put it in a pouch yet, but I'll keep you updated.

I do plan on adding a matte clear coat so it doesn't affect the quality of the paint

10-13-08 02:00 PM
    it looks GREEN to me!
    10-13-08 03:23 PM
    it looks GREEN to me!
    That's cause of the POS Nokia cameraphone I was using. Trust me, it's black

10-13-08 03:27 PM
    I like it...am doing the same thing with my curve but I ordered the case for it.

What kind of paint did you use, because I'm looking to experiment with my old case.
    10-13-08 10:18 PM
    Thanks! I used auto paint specifically for plastic parts on cars. But I suppose you could use spray paint as well. Should be the same effect. Only use paint designed for plastic though!
    I would suggest sanding it down prior to applying paint, so that its not so bulky. If you got any questions before you try it out on yours, PM me.

10-13-08 10:24 PM
    Awesome paint job.
    I thought about doing the same thing, but bought the flat black Seidio Hybrid case and holster instead.

Same effect without the work hehe.

Dm
    10-14-08 11:09 AM
    Thanks! I thought about getting a case, but I didn't like the extra bulkiness that was added. Besides, painting cars has always been a hobby of mine, so I figured why not apply that method to my phone. The time spent is gonna be well worth it

10-14-08 11:16 AM
    No tail, no whiskers, no tiny foot prints in the cheese.

Look good, how does the paint hold up to pocket/pouch in and out and finger/hand oils?

I have noticed that flat black tends to get shiny spots due to handle from hands/faces.
    Haven't gotten any shiny spots on it so far. Have gotten a bunch of lint on it though. I'm gonna have to redo it once my keypad arrives and apply the clear coat. $ucks cause I've already spent around 3 to 4 hours on the paint alone.

10-16-08 10:56 AM
    You can use any paint on it, so long as you use adhesion promoter if you use non-plastic paint.

It looks good though, I love flat black.
    10-16-08 01:51 PM
    Nice! This gave me an idea. Since I bought my 8220 Flip, I might paint my 8120 with the truck bedliner type of paint. I'll use it when I go fishing or hunting so my new BB doesn't get hurt. First, I'll have to see if the paint will melt the housing.
    10-16-08 02:08 PM
    Thanks for the advice! I actually do know what I'm doing, since I paint cars on the side. But still, thanks for ypur input!
    10-16-08 06:18 PM
    Looks good. Next you should try a dual color and see how it looks

10-16-08 08:22 PM
    Man I want mine painted so bad, but i'm scared to jack it up.
    10-16-08 08:32 PM
    Looks good. Next you should try a dual color and see how it looks

I probably will when the Javelin comes out. I'm pretty content on this color right now. If I get tired of it, I'll definitely try something different.

10-16-08 09:51 PM
    Alright people, I'm tired of this color already! I got some new paint coming in the mail tomorrow. This will be my last time painting it. Not letting anyone know what color it's gonna be til it's done and i post pics. I'll post pics probably Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.
    10-20-08 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD