I'm on the AT&T network and have absolutely terrible, virtually unusable, cellular signal when I'm at home. Everywhere else I go it seems to work just fine, but at home my voice, and the voice of the incoming caller continually just cuts in and out. My signal seems to fluctuate between -90db to -101db. I've been looking at cellular repeaters and see that they are quite pricey. Anyone have experience with them and have comments on what works and what doesn't? I don't have a home phone and use my Blackberry for work phone calls as well as personal, but unfortunately right now when I'm at home it's useless so I'm looking at my options.
    10-08-07 09:41 AM
    Cant you just switch Carriers?
    10-08-07 09:43 AM
    I wish that I could just switch back to Verizon which I had previously. Unfortunately, this device is paid for by work and forces me to use AT&T/Cingular.
    10-08-07 09:45 AM
    I have a wi-ex repeater and it works. I dont have a signal at all without it. With it I have 3 bars. I am on verizon network so would hate to say what att is like and how well it will do. However where i live there is no signal hardly at all but with the booster i can reliable make and receive calls all day long. I tried a Wilson and it looked a lot nicer but i must have gotten one made on monday because it broke after 15 min. If you go to solid signal dot com they have them cheaper than anywhere else I have found.
    10-08-07 12:07 PM
    I just installed a repeater type device that set me back about 300 dollars so far very satisfied. It work for everyone in my apartment as well as neighbors below us.

They asked me if ATT had put in a new tower I told them no and informed of what I did. They offered me some money as they are benefitting from my investment.

Give it a try worth every penny to me
    10-10-07 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD