Do you get bothered by folks in line in front of you, on their phone, more important than the person who is trying to wait on them? Does it tick you off that you have to wait while they manage their personal business while you wait? Do you ever say anything? This is a whole new facet of social behavior that I find interesting in how it's dealt with.

03-01-10 07:54 AM
    Common sense.

If you're talking on the phone while trying to deal with anyone in person, you're rude and obnoxious.

If you didn't know that already, you're stupid.

Get off your phone for 15 seconds to order your lunch you stupid jerkoff.

When working the drive-thru speaker at a food restaurant a few years ago, I used to get people talking on their cell phone every day.
    One time I had a woman pull up, I give my little "Welcome to..." speech and she ignores me.
    I can hear her talking so I figure she's on the phone and I give her a few seconds expecting her to hang up momentarily like most people do. Nope... she sat there and talked on her phone for easily 2 minutes continuing to ignore me. I asked a few more times how I could help her, no response.
    Luckily my manager heard what was going on and told me it was ok to ask her to leave because cars were backing up behind her. I asked nicely at first, she STILL ignores me. Finally I just started yelling "AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!" in the speaker until she hung up and started screaming about how rude I was. She was highly pissed at this point because of my "inferior intelligence" and a bunch of other ish I can't remember her saying.

The best part was after all this time (about 4, maybe 5 minutes), she still tried to order some food.

I told her to f*** off and it felt great.
    03-01-10 10:08 AM
    Hahaha I made them wait until the lineup was done. I was serving on a buffet, the guy gave me the "wait a minute gesture" with 20 people lined up behind him.... Was like, f that Can I help you mam? Lol They got pushed aside and had to wait for the end of the line Sometimes I love my job... Sometimes, very rarely
    03-01-10 10:27 AM
    I think if they ignore you, it's only fair... and just, to ignore them and just help the next in line...

03-01-10 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD