what do you think cell phones will be like in ten years ?
    03-21-09 10:23 AM
    I'm thinking pretty much the same, maybe a bit thinner.

But I don't want to hold a piece of paper.
    03-21-09 11:32 AM
    You're talking a lot faster connections (200G lol), superior battery life, amazing screens (~1000x800 pixels), faster processors (800-1000 mhZ), just generally everything with an addition.. I'm actually thinking this may all be in the next 5 years.. we'll see.
    03-21-09 02:14 PM
    lol to see how far we have come in ten years..very anxious to see the next 10 lol

also 10 years ago when i was in HS really no one in school had a cell phone...now i see kids in jr high get off the bus with cell phones
    Last edited by rallypig31; 03-21-09 at 04:26 PM.
    03-21-09 04:23 PM
    Totally true, Rally!! I was a frosh 10 years ago, and had a cell phone. A pre-paid, heavy one that cost like $20 for an hour. Nobody had them.
    I've seen 8-10 year olds with their own.
    Heck, the 3-year-old I nanny has his own Zune and portable DVD player.

As for cell phones in ten years? I think they'll be utilizing projector keyboard and keypads, with flexible, roll-out screens. Also, I think there won't really be cell phones *and* laptops...it'll be the same entity.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 09:51 PM
    Maybe we'll just be born with a cell phone attachment on us from birth (to track us).. sweet, Rogers $6.95 SAF for life! Pftl ol
    03-21-09 10:07 PM
    Projection screens in HD. Just sit your phone on the nightstand and watch a movie on the wall. When a call comes in, the movie pauses and displays (on the wall) who is calling.
    03-23-09 06:13 AM
    i'm thinking they will just make a voice activated cellular implant.
    03-23-09 02:06 PM
    I hope that by then Nokia and others will have perfected the Nanotech Morph design. A Nanotech Blackberry would be really cool!

TechEBlog PICTURES: Nokia's Nanotech Morph Phone (Video)

Nokia's nanotech Morph goes on display, signals melting devices in our future
    03-23-09 02:42 PM
    As technology is evolving.

I see desktops disappearing in the next 5-6 yrs as laptop prices drop.

As in Japan i see phones in northamerica get smarter, thinner and more features, like the government testing out technology like in japan to bring in mobile banking (like using your cellphone to buy items)

Cellphones getting thinner as i said and smaller as technology advances to a point where cellphones do everything for you at a touch of a button.

the next 10-20 yrs i think will be amazing.
    03-23-09 03:31 PM
    As technology is evolving.

I see desktops disappearing in the next 5-6 yrs as laptop prices drop.

As in Japan i see phones in northamerica get smarter, thinner and more features, like the government testing out technology like in japan to bring in mobile banking (like using your cellphone to buy items)

Cellphones getting thinner as i said and smaller as technology advances to a point where cellphones do everything for you at a touch of a button.

the next 10-20 yrs i think will be amazing.
    I was reading an article, don't remember where, that talked about smart phones replacing computers. It talked about desktops consisting of a screen, keyboard and mouse with a single USB type connection for a phone. They were talking about 15 to 20 years from now.
    03-23-09 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD