My friend brought this to my attention, and I didn't really have an answer for her, so I thought I'd ask here. One evening she met a guy, and after some conversation, they went to exchange numbers. She took his number and called him from her phone. When his phone rang, her first and last name appeared on his caller ID. I've never seen a cell phone pick up the name of a number that's not stored in the internal address book. Is there some app, phone, or some cell company that provides this service? Or is the guy just a stalker and already had her number programmed into his phone?
    07-30-10 09:48 AM
    there are applications. Or depending on the phone, if she was following him on Twitter/Facebook.

I know on my android phone, it will download all of my facebook's contacts directly to my phone.
    07-30-10 09:55 AM
    As far as she knows, this was the first time meeting, so no, she wasn't following him on Twitter/FB or any other social networking medium. Can you list any of the applications that function as a caller ID? It doesn't have to be BB specific, as the guy wasn't using a BB or Iphone.
    07-30-10 10:00 AM
    I have no idea about US phone companies but in Canada that's standard depending on the carrier. I get calls from people and it is either last name first initial, or full name on my call display and I certainly don't have them in my address book.
    07-30-10 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD