Until I see you post the numbers from North and South Dakota for us all to see I shall remain silent.
    10-17-20 10:01 PM
    What sex discrimination?!?
    Your daughters can't go to the same school as your family's sons?
    10-17-20 10:02 PM
    What did you just shat the bed ? 9 x 9750 is far less than half of 220,000.
    Instead of a rough estimate 2X the death rate, we’re talking 2.25 so 10% for perfection. The fact stands we have 10x the population in a similar area. That makes a huge difference in transmission rates
    10-17-20 10:05 PM
    Instead of a rough estimate 2X the death rate, we’re talking 2.25 so 10% for perfection. The fact stands we have 10x the population in a similar area. That makes a huge difference in transmission rates
    Good night Chuck Finley, you are a fraud.
    10-17-20 10:06 PM
    I do understand science and reading comprehension....
    Chuck I skimmed your card catalogue list (skimmed through it, didn't not closely study all content, except the sky one, there was so much distracting crap on that page it took me 20 seconds to realize there wasn't anything written at all on it but instead some sort of video to have to be watched and I didn't have the patience to attempt it after being led around in circles on the page), and in my opinion there wasn't a lot of sciencetific content at all in any of it.

Rather, mainly just a bunch of standard media crap about not really reporting anything, and the media talking about what they wanted to talk about with regards to science.

I did take note of a few interesting things mentioned however, like:
    - it's not the science making up the ever changing policies for COVID-19 rules and protocols, it's the politics;
    - news flashes and media reports aren't science;
    - media and "scientific publishing media" trying to rush to publish conclusions for people and for reporting isn't science; and
    - the politicians can say they are making decisions based on science all they want, but they aren't, they are twisting and adjusting based on their political wishes/desires/bias;

I think I know why you have no faith in science with regards to the COVID-19 situation, because you are allowing yourself to be miss-guided by how and what the media reports.
    grover5 likes this.
    10-17-20 10:09 PM
    ...USA 220,000 deaths so far...Canada 9742 deaths so far. .
    yammma it doesn't really make sense to post numbers comparing countries or citipopulation centres without converting for per capita, or other normalizing factors.
    10-17-20 10:12 PM
    Oh. Seems I missed a bit when I was looking at the card catalogue.
    10-17-20 10:14 PM
    Your daughters can't go to the same school as your family's sons?
    We as parents, alumni or both don’t want that. If we prefer that, our kids could attend the coed Tampa Catholic High School down the street instead. AHN is coed from EC3-8th grade at which point the girls remain in AHN while the boys enter Jesuit for studies. It’s known from the beginning and has been done for 130+ years. The schools do some of their school activities together, but for the most part, during the day, the girls are separated from the boys for both genders to focus on academics. Both schools are significantly higher performance than coed option Tampa Catholic in both collegiate testing scores and scholarship monies awarded.

My daughters and their classmates and sons and their classmates are considered one in the educational and the athletic community for many things. It’s a subtle but important distinction.
    10-17-20 10:16 PM
    yammma it doesn't really make sense to post numbers comparing countries or citipopulation centres without converting for per capita, or other normalizing factors.
    If this is what you are looking for I'll gladly do it tomorrow.... It's all available on the web. I'd prefer just to go back to the normal Day in History....
    10-17-20 10:18 PM
    No, nothing to write home about.
    Oh. Seems I missed a bit when I was looking at the card catalogue.
    10-17-20 10:19 PM
    We as parents, alumni or both don’t want that. If we prefer that, our kids could attend the coed Tampa Catholic High School down the street instead. AHN is coed from EC3-8th grade at which point the girls remain in AHN while the boys enter Jesuit for studies. It’s known from the beginning and has been done for 130+ years. The schools do some of their school activities together, but for the most part, during the day, the girls are separated from the boys for both genders to focus on academics. Both schools are significantly higher performance than coed option Tampa Catholic in both collegiate testing scores and scholarship monies awarded.

My daughters and their classmates and sons and their classmates are considered one in the educational and the athletic community for many things. It’s a subtle but important distinction.
    I'll stand by what I said. Thanks for the help.
    10-17-20 10:21 PM
    No, nothing to write home about.
    ET call home....
    10-17-20 10:24 PM
    If this is what you are looking for....
    No I am not looking for it. I've seen it myself many times. I need no convincing what the numbers say and mean. The comparison are clear. Just saying however, if you are going to compare in here you should probably use per capita, or some sort of normalized view.
    10-17-20 10:26 PM
    Chuck I skimmed your card catalogue list (skimmed through it, didn't not closely study all content, except the sky one, there was so much distracting crap on that page it took me 20 seconds to realize there wasn't anything written at all on it but instead some sort of video to have to be watched and I didn't have the patience to attempt it after being led around in circles on the page), and in my opinion there wasn't a lot of sciencetific content at all in any of it.

Rather, mainly just a bunch of standard media crap about not really reporting anything, and the media talking about what they wanted to talk about with regards to science.

I did take note of a few interesting things mentioned however, like:
    - it's not the science making up the ever changing policies for COVID-19 rules and protocols, it's the politics;
    - news flashes and media reports aren't science;
    - media and "scientific publishing media" trying to rush to publish conclusions for people and for reporting isn't science; and
    - the politicians can say they are making decisions based on science all they want, but they aren't, they are twisting and adjusting based on their political wishes/desires/bias;

I think I know why you have no faith in science with regards to the COVID-19 situation, because you are allowing yourself to be miss-guided by how and what the media reports.
    The point isn’t that science isn’t trusted. Science is publishing information before it can be vetted and thoroughly analyzed. Once it’s printed, like it or not, it gains a legitimacy to anyone that reads it. Therefore, scientists, like journalists, rush out their theories or thesis and then are forced to walk them back when disproven. Similar to journalism integrity, scientific integrity simply can’t keep up with 24/7 news cycle and COVID-19 focus.

We’ve seen weather forecasting, hurricanes and other storms being tracked at such a microscopic level it’s cost lives because citizens are desensitized to real dangers and uncertainties while focused on the sensationalized aspects that aren’t important.
    10-17-20 10:26 PM
    No I am not looking for it. I've seen it myself many times. I need no convincing what the numbers say and mean. The comparison are clear. Just saying however, if you are going to compare in here you should probably use per capita, or some sort of normalized view.
    Don't worry we'll be back to the old format in an hour and a half
    10-17-20 10:27 PM
    The point isn’t that science isn’t trusted. Science is publishing information before it can be vetted and thoroughly analyzed. Once it’s printed, like it or not, it gains a legitimacy to anyone that reads it. Therefore, scientists, like journalists, rush out their theories or thesis and then are forced to walk them back when disproven. Similar to journalism integrity, scientific integrity simply can’t keep up with 24/7 news cycle and COVID-19 focus.

We’ve seen weather forecasting, hurricanes and other storms being tracked at such a microscopic level it’s cost lives because citizens are desensitized to real dangers and uncertainties while focused on the sensationalized aspects that aren’t important.
    You simply don't understand science. If Trump had his way you'd all be taking an unapproved, not completed testing vaccine. That is the information you are absorbed into. The fact is that science is sticking the Middle finger out at Trump and the radical right in staying the course in testing vaccines. Your concerns are totally baseless.
    10-17-20 10:32 PM
    Unless you like playing the Stock Market betting on a new upcoming medicine that promises everything but delivers nothing and at the end of the day the CEO and CFO have cashed out a cool few million.
    10-17-20 10:36 PM
    I'll stand by what I said. Thanks for the help.
    What?!? That I choose to send my daughters to all girls school for a less distracted education? Our sons go to all boys school for the same reason and I went there as well. It’s not as if they’re being denied the access or developing future relationships and connections. My daughters have Jesuit Universities that visit and prospecting them already. The Jesuit male surroundings aren’t considered as good environment as the SNJM all female environment that’s all.
    It’s not about sexism anymore than separation of the sexes in sports, bathrooms and certain private organizations.
    10-17-20 10:39 PM
    Appeal to Chuck, it's not the first or second time I've asked you this.... Feel free to post a comment about the state of Covfefe-19 in Florida whether good or bad. Just as I do and have done with Manitoba.

Make it a constructive scientific dialogue instead of the usual "I just reply and trash whatever anybody else has to say" ...
    10-17-20 10:41 PM
    What?!? That I choose to send my daughters to all girls school for a less distracted education? Our sons go to all boys school for the same reason and I went there as well. It’s not as if they’re being denied the access or developing future relationships and connections. My daughters have Jesuit Universities that visit and prospecting them already. The Jesuit male surroundings aren’t considered as good environment as the SNJM all female environment that’s all.
    It’s not about sexism anymore than separation of the sexes in sports, bathrooms and certain private organizations.
    Where's the stats for North and South Dakota?
    10-17-20 10:42 PM
    Chuck , can you feel the love?
    10-17-20 10:44 PM
    ...Therefore, scientists, like journalists, rush out their theories or thesis and then are forced to walk them back when disproven. Similar to journalism integrity, scientific integrity simply can’t keep up with 24/7 news cycle and COVID-19 focus...
    ...citizens are desensitized to real dangers and uncertainties while focused on the sensationalized aspects that aren’t important.
    Chuck you seem to have not understood what I was trying to tell you, in that your criticism of science is miss-guided. These rushes to publish and to then report on what has been published, and to then report on the policy decisions that are being made, none of it is science. It's all just more media warped sense of reporting and "reality TV". You seemed to even acknowledge it yourself in the last part of what you just posted "...while focused on the sensationalized aspects that aren’t important...".

You are in control. You can stop the cycle. Stop watching and listening to all the " sensationalized crap" in the media and from the politicians, or at least be critical of what you hear and think from all of that for yourself before accepting it, even if others around you aren't.

There's nothing wrong with science. There's lots wrong with people and society.
    10-17-20 10:46 PM
    It feels like it's going to be a Yoseminite morning.

10-17-20 10:48 PM
    Some post counts tonight. I guess that's a bright side of things.
    10-17-20 10:48 PM
    You simply don't understand science. If Trump had his way you'd all be taking an unapproved, not completed testing vaccine. That is the information you are absorbed into. The fact is that science is sticking the Middle finger out at Trump and the radical right in staying the course in testing vaccines. Your concerns are totally baseless.
    What concerns?!? I’m not waiting for any vaccine....I’m not a fan of meds in general. I’ve always been legally vaccinated as child and my children were the same required vaccinations to attend school.

I’ve never kept up with the flu shots as ritual. If on a checkup, I’ll let them give me a free one, but I won’t get one just because flu season is coming. The prevention can help but too many times, different strains pop up anyway. I’ve almost died a few times in life. The grim reaper will get me one day but I’m not going to drive myself crazy preoccupied about it.
    10-17-20 10:51 PM
618,099 ... 2373523736237372373823739 ...