Weather report from RI:. It sucks out there!

They're expecting at least 2 ft of snow, so I went out and did a first pass around 9 pm. There was well over a foot of heavy wet crap already. Just took the dogs out at 11:30 for their nightly wee, and there's at least another 8" down in just over 2 1/2 hours. The bad news is, it's supposed to stay heavy and windy until around 7 am, which means at this rate there's gonna be another sh!t-ton out there in the morning. The good news is, the temp has dropped to the teens, so whatever falls now should be easier to move. If it ever stops falling.

All I can say is, God bless my Ariens snowblower. It was new last year and barely got used; I'll be getting my money's worth out of it this weekend. So far it's been well worth the investment.
    Hope power and all stays on and you don't get buried.
    02-08-13 10:59 PM
    I would use a Cummins BT4 engine. Diesel gives you more power
    Nah Diesel smells and smokes too much for this particular cabless and pantless application, otherwise I WOULD be inclined to entertain that thought
    02-08-13 11:02 PM
    Nah Diesel smells and smokes too much for this particular cabless and pantless application, otherwise I WOULD be inclined to entertain that thought http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/s...ansport022.gif
    You won't smell nothing with those pipes 10 feet in the air :P
    02-08-13 11:04 PM
    Whats up Pantless crew .....I've been doing RESEARCH. Its a very violent smartphone world out there. I really didn't know another world exist outside of Blackberry, but I know now. .........WOW. Is all have to say for now
    None of us knew. That's why so many of them are here to enlighten us. Yes, it's violent. And mad ... very mad.
    02-08-13 11:07 PM
    Is that what those rolls are?
    Yup, giving six-pack a whole new meaning.
    02-08-13 11:11 PM
    Well guys and gals (incidentally..where's Jaff tonight?) I'm off to dream about that plow that's gonna bury me back in, come mornin', my street hasn't been plowed since the storm began yesterday, guess we didn't pay enough taxes again!
    02-08-13 11:28 PM
    I originally had you on the guy with the glasses then realized that you really needed to be the midget!
    Is he the underdwarf?
    02-08-13 11:40 PM
    Wow, made quite a haul in the last 24 hours. Picked up two books at the yard yesterday, then today hit one of my favorite book and multimedia stores and picked up 10 books for the bargain price of $10.06. With the one book I have left, I think I have enough to make it to the end of the month.
    02-08-13 11:52 PM
    Well guys and gals (incidentally..where's Jaff tonight?) I'm off to dream about that plow that's gonna bury me back in, come mornin', my street hasn't been plowed since the storm began yesterday, guess we didn't pay enough taxes again!
    Where's Jaf been most of the week?
    02-08-13 11:53 PM
    I'm about to make some SleepyTime tea myself ...
    02-09-13 12:39 AM
    And Sleepytime tea done.. G'Night all...
    02-09-13 01:38 AM
    Wow, made quite a haul in the last 24 hours. Picked up two books at the yard yesterday, then today hit one of my favorite book and multimedia stores and picked up 10 books for the bargain price of $10.06. With the one book I have left, I think I have enough to make it to the end of the month.
    Hmmm, you're a reader are you. what kind of stuff do you read? There really aren't much of us left anymore.
    02-09-13 07:44 AM
    Well, good morning to you all, I am hoping that because nobody is here that you are all just still sleeping and not cold and in the dark. I slept with all m y fingers and toes crossed for you so hoping that that worked.
    02-09-13 07:46 AM
    Cape Breton Winter Storm Advisory.

02-09-13 08:02 AM
    A good snow stormy pantless snow shovelling morning 50Kers.
    02-09-13 08:08 AM
    Hmmm, you're a reader are you. what kind of stuff do you read? There really aren't much of us left anymore.
    I have a pretty solid range, heavy on thrillers, technothrillers, mystery/action, standard fiction. But I'll read almost anything I can get my hands on.
    02-09-13 08:12 AM
    What's better than Homemade bread and Earl Grey tea on Saturday morning.
    02-09-13 08:16 AM
    I picked up quite a few James Patterson books yesterday, the store gets such an influx that they mark overstock books down to a dollar, and I'll snatch 'em up at that price, especially for hardbacks. I'm looking forward to transferring a great many of my books to e-books so as to condense my library to manageable size. Since a good size media card can hold my entire library, which is very large, that will reduce weight when I travel.
    02-09-13 08:17 AM
    Homemade bread, bacon, and tea.
    02-09-13 08:19 AM
    Barley sammich.
    02-09-13 08:21 AM
    Barley sammich.
    I stand corrected, but I don't drink :P
    02-09-13 08:23 AM
    BACON!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-09-13 08:23 AM
    Oh no... I forgot the bacon
    02-09-13 08:24 AM
    I have a pretty solid range, heavy on thrillers, technothrillers, mystery/action, standard fiction. But I'll read almost anything I can get my hands on.

well lookie there we have something in common. I am just like you on that subject. the only thing i miss is the actual books. Sputz loaded a reader on my playbook and i really love books i mean like the feel and look of books. i can spend hours in a book store or library.
    02-09-13 08:24 AM
    Oh, and I disagree that there aren't many of us. If you saw the size of the two story resellers I go to, they are very impressive. I've watched them grow from some tiny storefronts to massive custom locations, purpose-built for their operations. They are combined music, video, video gaming, book, and recycled small electronics stores. They used to re-sell software until the state shut that down.
    02-09-13 08:25 AM
618,114 ... 24092410241124122413 ...