Morning pantless. Here I am at work and still not feeling any better.
    01-30-13 06:20 AM
    Do you mean, Noro virus?

It's called "Norwalk virus.
    Just remember that hand sanitizers will not kill this virus.House hold cleaners such as Lysol will also not kill you.You must use bleach.

The Norwalk virus is known as the nasty 24 hour bug that causes explosive and sudden diarrhea and projectile vomiting.Usually non life threating but can cause complications in the very young,elderly and those with compromised immune systems.

PREVENTION-Wash your hands before preparing food/eating food and most importantly, TOUCHING YOUR MOUTH/NOSE/EYES.

The ONLY way to become infected with this virus is if you ingest the contaminated fecal/vomit particles through your eyes,nose and mouth.

It is impossible to "breathe" in the virus BUT possible to become infected by breathing in aerosol "spray" droplets from someone vomiting right next to you.(the droplets settle within minuted but can still infect someone until cleaned with bleach)

Even if your whole family breaks out with this virus, you can prevent it by washing your hands for at least 15-20 seconds with warm water and soap.Remember that you are not killing the virus, you are washing it down the drain even if you use an antibacterial soap (which only kills bacteria, not viruses) hand sanitizers are also not successful in killing the virus.

If a member of your family comes down with the virus, let them know to wash their hands AFTER a bowel movement and vomiting.

To clean infected areas, clean with BLEACH.Clean bathrooms (all infected areas) with a bleach solution as soon as possible and be sure to prevent cross contamination and wash your hands afterwards.Especially children! wipe down all commonly touched objects like door knobs, faucet handles, light switches, toilet flushers etc.

People are STILL contagious even after 24 hours after their symptoms settle down so it is always important to wash your hands after the rest room (which you should do anyways!)

The key to staying Norwalk virus free is to keep sanitary.Wash your hands after using the bathroom...you could prevent other peoples misery as well as yours!!

Myths

It is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to get infected in any of the following ways:

1. Being �near� someone who has it, including co-workers or friends
    2. Being on a plane with people who have it
    3. Breathing the same air as someone who has it
    4. Being in the same building as someone who has it
    5. Walking past a pool of vomit on the floor, road or sidewalk
    6. Through having sexual relations with an infected person
    7. Through a cut in your skin
    8. Through your rectum or genitalia (as in, on a toilet)
    9. Kissing someone who is not yet showing symptoms (note: it may be possible to catch it from someone who has recently vomited by kissing them, as viral particles may be in their mouth from vomitus. But the virus is NOT transmitted through saliva)
    10. Number 6, above, applies similarly to sharing cups or utensils with someone as well.

TIPSo not share any cups/plates/utensils with an infected person and be sure to wash in a bleach solution to prevent cross contamination with the rest of your family.
    Ewe, then how did I get it, I never did none of the above unless using the washroom at work right after somebody just did those nasty things you said up above.......... Well maybe when he gets the blood test results back it will just be one of those common viruses going around. But, first thing he said was norwalk, Ewwwww............................ Feels like it is turning into a bad cold this morning now as well. sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.....
    01-30-13 06:35 AM
    Good Morning Pantless People, I was a little disappointed this morning when I woke up and there was no ....BB10 under my pillow. Oh well coffee time it will come
    01-30-13 06:36 AM
    Feel better KBZ.....tea,lemon and honey, thats what I keep hearing anyway
    01-30-13 06:38 AM
    Ewe, then how did I get it, I never did none of the above unless using the washroom at work right after somebody just did those nasty things you said up above.......... Well maybe when he gets the blood test results back it will just be one of those common viruses going around. But, first thing he said was norwalk, Ewwwww............................ Feels like it is turning into a bad cold this morning now as well. sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.....
    Hopefully it isn't that one. Mine ish has always felt like a real bad cold that lets up and then returns.
    01-30-13 06:39 AM
    Feel better KBZ.....tea,lemon and honey, thats what I keep hearing anyway
    Hey spencer. Yep I'm doing everything I can beyond just staying home and resting.
    01-30-13 06:40 AM
    Happy BB10 day!!!!
    01-30-13 06:43 AM
    Morning kbuzz, Maybe, perhaps, a trip to the doc might help. Really you are running yourself into the ground by doing this and by reading past posts this morning, this is not a good thing for you to be doing. Just to lift your spirits a bit, I feel like sh!t this morning and now I feel like I am getting this humongous cold to go with this dam virus, hope you start feeling better soon.
    01-30-13 06:45 AM
    Happy BB10 day!!!!
    Back at ya PP
    01-30-13 06:52 AM
    Good Morning Pantless People, I was a little disappointed this morning when I woke up and there was no ....BB10 under my pillow. Oh well coffee time it will come
    Morning Spenc, Me to, what is with that bb10 fairy anways is he/she running late or what......
    01-30-13 06:53 AM
    Mernin pantless wonders!!

Its BB10 day! WooHoo!
    01-30-13 06:54 AM
    Hopefully it isn't that one. Mine ish has always felt like a real bad cold that lets up and then returns.
    Hope not man, that is just grosssssss.....................
    01-30-13 06:55 AM
    Morning kbuzz, Maybe, perhaps, a trip to the doc might help. Really you are running yourself into the ground by doing this and by reading past posts this morning, this is not a good thing for you to be doing. Just to lift your spirits a bit, I feel like sh!t this morning and now I feel like I am getting this humongous cold to go with this dam virus, hope you start feeling better soon.
    Well it doesn't lift my spirits to hear that at all. I'm not sure what a doc will do beyond charge me money to tell me that he can do nothing for me.

Do antibiotics work against all infections?
    No. Antibiotics only work against infections caused by bacteria, fungi and certain parasites. They don't work against any infections caused by viruses. Viruses cause colds, the flu and most coughs and sore throats
    Antibiotics: When They Can and Can't Help -- FamilyDoctor.org
    01-30-13 06:56 AM
    Mernin pantless wonders!!

Its BB10 day! WooHoo!
    Morning Sixstring, Yup introduction at 10 am, my time, this morning, apparently a whole new string of smart phones??????
    01-30-13 06:56 AM
    Buzz, TEMPUR, PP and Spenc.... how is everyone?

Excited for BB10....

I woke up at 4am, and realized, Oh, Its BB10 today... More sleep, less waiting....

It solidified how excited I am......
    01-30-13 06:57 AM
    BB10 day. An hour to go!
    01-30-13 06:58 AM
    Morning Sixstring, Yup introduction at 10 am, my time, this morning, apparently a whole new string of smart phones??????

We're under tornado warnings, hope my internet stays working....
    01-30-13 06:58 AM
    Anybody venture into that BB10 waiting room....?

kinda hostile when I went......
    01-30-13 06:59 AM
    going to get coffee..
    01-30-13 07:00 AM
    Well it doesn't lift my spirits to hear that at all. I'm not sure what a doc will do beyond charge me money to tell me that he can do nothing for me.

Antibiotics: When They Can and Can't Help -- FamilyDoctor.org
    Yup, that is what my doc said, have to ride this one out, meds won't help, lots of fluids, no milk products, Maybe because I got my flu shot it isn't as bad cause I still have managed to stay away from any horrible vomiting, just a lot of nausea, stomach cramps, poopers and headaches big time....
    01-30-13 07:01 AM

Naw, I kinda like it right here, nice and comfy...
    01-30-13 07:03 AM
    That really sucks, springtime here, high of 14c. today, already 10.
    01-30-13 07:05 AM
    Be ready to take cover!
    Naw, I kinda like it right here, nice and comfy...

Ditto

I've peeked in. Just a bunch of blah.
    01-30-13 07:06 AM
618,114 ... 22832284228522862287 ...