Are you getting a new sink garbage disposal?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Yes. Never installed one before.
    10-21-12 04:41 AM
    You guys are still here?
    Yeah, we were waiting for you to bring the pizza.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    10-21-12 05:00 AM
    Yes. Never installed one before.
    Can you do pipes? I'd like mine serviced.....

10-21-12 05:11 AM
    I love "Eats, Shoots and Leaves."

Most tech bloggers need to read that book.
    But I like "Eats Shoots and Leaves" L0L
    10-21-12 07:36 AM
    You guys are still here?
    No, I'm assuming by "here" you mean Vancouver.
    10-21-12 07:38 AM
    Interesting post! Liking it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I totally agree. Aren't all post in this thread interesting?
    10-21-12 07:40 AM
    Thanks my kids sitting here playing halo and laughing at me.
    Kids! Best seen but not heard.
    10-21-12 07:44 AM
    BRB

Yes, a twelve pack
    Light weight.
    10-21-12 07:49 AM
    Can you do pipes? I'd like mine serviced.....

I've serviced my own pipe before, but can't say I've serviced someone elses.
    Last edited by middbrew; 10-21-12 at 08:05 AM.
    10-21-12 07:52 AM
    Will there be more? This Major Tom dude gets around.
    Actually Elton John's song Rocket Man is thought to have a connection to the same guy. This was noted by Bowie himself.
    10-21-12 08:02 AM
    Speaking of shocking.

And there's this version.
    10-21-12 08:09 AM
    Agreed. It's really easy for me to snap a screenshot or 10 every day and post it in the three wallpaper forums that match my device resolution...and boost my post count. Meanwhile, certain members posted like mad to achieve Genius of Geniuses status (*cough*, *rotbrain*, *cough*) but I still managed to have more thanked posts than them, despite the fact they have 10x the number of posts as me. Regardless, we have shown, quite amply, that we know what a community is, and that we support BlackBerry and Crackberry like few others ever could.
    Well said!
    10-21-12 08:13 AM
    Are you getting a new sink garbage disposal?

Up here we call it a "garburator". A lot less words and easier to say. LoL
    10-21-12 08:28 AM
    I am one unlucky sob. I have been to the repair centre so many times.

Bold 9000 - Keyboard issue, unable to register input.
    Curve 9320 - Trackpad issue, sunlight auto scrolling.
    Curve 9360 - Trackpad issue, only able to register input when pressed at certain angle.
    Bold 9900 - Keyboard issue, spacebar register input twice even though only pressed once.
    PlayBook - Unable to charge, I slowly watched the battery drain even though it says charging.

NOW.........

Torch 9860 - Trackpad issue, the trackpad light going out. When pressed at certain angle/pressure, the light comes and goes as it pleases. Though no issue with scrolling, or pressing at all. Works perfectly other than the light.

Well, to console myself. I count myself lucky that none has blew up in my face yet.
    10-21-12 08:42 AM

Well, to console myself. I count myself lucky that none has blew up in my face yet.

That can happen, so you are very lucky.

10-21-12 09:15 AM
    Or this one.

10-21-12 09:17 AM
    That can happen, so you are very lucky.

Is that the guy who claims it blew up in his ear and he drove to his wife's job so she could take pictures before he went to the ER? And the pictures of the phone look nothing like how it should look if the battery had exploded like he claimed?

Yeah I call BS on that guy a long time ago. He was out for money.

I've got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk 2
    10-21-12 09:27 AM
    Hmm... Re: Post Count Not Going up in Social Forums.....

That was a decision that goes back many years. We had some abuse back then. New members just trying to pad posts quick.

Personally, I'm not against turning the count back on for these forums. Looking across all our forums, I don't think they're turned off anywhere else on social / off topic forums. So if we want to be consistent... we could turn them back on here.

Thoughts?? If I do it, I'm not sure if it'll add back all of the ones made in the social forums to date, or if it just starts counting again from here...

Let me know what you guys think.

K
    I vote to turn the post count back on for these forums and yes if nothing else to be consistent.

I'd like to hit 10,000 forum posts by the time BlackBerry 10 launches. It'll get me there quicker if I turn post count on everywhere.

In reality, I think it does make more sense to have it turned on everywhere... I think in the past we looked at post count as the single sign of "reputation"... but the main purpose of post count in general is really as a sign of activity. Reputation should/could be treated with a separate measurement. For example, a user's liked/thanked count is a helpful indicator of reputation. We could always build in other badges too (have some ideas in the works for a while now along those lines that will ramp up after our passport system is in place).
    We are only happy to help with the forum posts before BB10 launches. I would turn the post count on everywhere now, you can always go back if some sort of unacceptable abuse occurs again.
    I do like the "Reputation" idea, but it would need to be worked on or maybe just let the "Thanks" count serve for that purpose.

Badges, we don't need no stinking badges!

Sorry, couldn't resist, even though I have posted this before.
    Last edited by mikeplus1; 10-21-12 at 10:32 AM.
    10-21-12 10:06 AM
    10-21-12 10:07 AM
    You guys are still here?
    10-21-12 10:11 AM

That was a decision that goes back many years. We had some abuse back then. New members just trying to pad posts quick.

Personally, I'm not against turning the count back on for these forums. Looking across all our forums, I don't think they're turned off anywhere else on social / off topic forums. So if we want to be consistent... we could turn them back on here.

Thoughts?? If I do it, I'm not sure if it'll add back all of the ones made in the social forums to date, or if it just starts counting again from here...

K
    I'd like to hit 10,000 forum posts by the time BlackBerry 10 launches. It'll get me there quicker if I turn post count on everywhere.

In reality, I think it does make more sense to have it turned on everywhere... I think in the past we looked at post count as the single sign of "reputation"... but the main purpose of post count in general is really as a sign of activity. Reputation should/could be treated with a separate measurement. For example, a user's liked/thanked count is a helpful indicator of reputation. We could always build in other badges too (have some ideas in the works for a while now along those lines that will ramp up after our passport system is in place).
    I say let the forums go rampant, at least this thread. As the movie says...."Law don't go around here".

10-21-12 10:33 AM
    on one hand, i still have manufacturer warranty on it.

on the other hand, I'm a little tired of visiting the service centre.

If it just broke completely, i might feel better, since there's no choice but to send it in. Since its still functioning well, other than the lights, me sending it in would mean it would take around 2 weeks to repair. Then again this might be a precursor to a complete failure, since it might be the flex cable that's faulty. Argh.

on a side note, my 9860 has a really nice all numeric pin to it.
    middbrew, bungaboy, Engire and 5 others like this.
    10-21-12 10:35 AM
    Is Eastwood one of the best actors to ever play a badass or what.
    10-21-12 10:35 AM
    10-21-12 10:36 AM

K
    Does a rose by any other name not smell just as sweet? So goes a thread post. Count 'em!!
    10-21-12 01:05 PM
618,114 ... 429430431432433 ...