PICTURE! PICTURE! Have it handy?
    My brother in law has the main one. I had a copy, but I'm not sure what happened to it.
    Engire, bungaboy, louzer and 4 others like this.
    10-01-12 06:55 PM
    Oh man! That sky diver thing is insane! I saw a vid on youtube this guy did a free fall from the edge of space, thats effing bonkers!

Sent from my BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 - Powered by BerryLicio.us� 7.1 Ultimate� hybrid - Using CrackBerry Forums app!
    Engire, bungaboy, louzer and 4 others like this.
    10-01-12 06:56 PM
    Very cool, but for around $20.00, this gets the job done too.
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYMbvASHj3E[/YT]
    10-01-12 07:08 PM
    Congrats on #8000. I've got the 10K wallpaper/avatar all ready to go. All I need at this point is the name of the lucky 10,000th poster.
    10-01-12 07:14 PM
    Nosferatu is my favourite vampire movie ever, still holds up. Ever see Shadow of te Vampire? Fictionalised account of making of that movie, Willem Dafoe was amazing as Max Schreck!
    Found that movie by accident channel surfing a few years ago and actually went out and bought the dvd. It's an absolute gem. It also reminds me of Ed Wood, another favorite of mine. Marin Landau's performance as Bela Lugosi is just incredible.
    Engire, bungaboy, wu-wei and 3 others like this.
    10-01-12 07:25 PM
    I honour of Halloween, and since we've been talking movies, let's do best horror movie you've seen that others likely haven't.

Mine? Session 9.

Heard about it in Entertainment Weekly and their list of the top 5 scariest movies you've never heard of. It's about an asbestos cleaning crew doing a job in the Danvers State Mental institution in Massachusetts. The guys who wrote it did so with the site in mind. Nothing was set dressed for the filming. It stars the amazing Peter Mullen, David Caruso (normally can't even watch him but he's amazing here), Steven Avedon (also one of the writers) and a pre Sweet Home Alabama Josh Lucas. It was produced by USA Films and executives product by Carson Daly (one of the few d0uche free moves he's done).

I can't watch it in the house alone. It's not gory but it's sooooo atmospheric. The star of the movie is the hospital. Heck even my sister can't rewatch it and she's a horror movie fiend. Everyone I've recommended it to has bought it. The dvd has a cool documentary on the hospital as well as cast stories (David Caruso hates the building and won't go back in, Peter Mullen said the building started to possess him at times during filming).

HIGHLY recommend it, guys. Especially if atmosphere and haunted house stories are your thing.

As far as TV horror? Tonight is the season premiere of Dexter *bounces*, and soon will be season 2 of American Horror Story. LOVE that show!

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    Jumping in here without reading ahead, but as far as generally passed-over psychological thrillers go, I recommend Repulsion - a film starring Catherine Deneuve by Roman Polanski. It's an incredibly creepy and eerie take on paranoia that leaves you feeling very uneasy. It seemlessly transitions between reality and unreality in some very uncomfortable ways.
    10-01-12 07:34 PM
    Well in it's true form it's not a horror film at all and few have seen it. But for me the scariest film I've ever seen is the home movie of my first wedding.

All I got, drew a complete blank on horror movies.
    10-01-12 07:36 PM
    Scariest movie would have to be the Chyna sextape LOL that sh!t was freaky hahahahahahahahaha

Sent from my BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 - Powered by BerryLicio.us� 7.1 Ultimate� hybrid - Using CrackBerry Forums app!
    Engire, h20work, bungaboy and 7 others like this.
    10-01-12 07:42 PM
    October 3rd is National Vodka Day. I shall celebrate it by doing what I do every day
    Somewhere in the galaxy, it's October 3rd right now!
    Engire, h20work, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    10-01-12 07:42 PM
    The best part of the pre-interview : "they're a bit boring"
    I'll see your Astronomy Domine and raise you a One of These Days from Pompeii.
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH2HaZInOK8[/YT]
    10-01-12 07:49 PM
    While we are on the topic of Cemeteries, he is a shot of me at the Centralia, PA cemetery! Google it.

Click to view quoted image
    Wow! I did not know the town ceased to exist due to a mine fire and now has only 10 residents.

Do you have any idea how many people are buried in the cemetery?

That really would be a ghost town, since the cemetery is more populated than the actual town.
    10-01-12 07:54 PM
    Wow! I did not know the town ceased to exist due to a mine fire and now has only 10 residents.

That really would be a ghost town, since the cemetery is more populated than the actual town.
    How do you know this stuff? I googled it but found no info.
    10-01-12 07:59 PM
    How do you know this stuff? I googled it but found no info.
    Google led me to Wikipedia.

Centralia, Pennsylvania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    10-01-12 08:02 PM
    Danke sch�n, I just looked up the cemetery.
    10-01-12 08:05 PM
    Danke sch�n, I just looked up the cemetery.
    My Google search was "centralia pa cemetery" without quotes. The Wikipedia article is the first link I got.
    10-01-12 08:07 PM

There are actually 4 cemeteries in the town and they all are maintained. When a relocated town person dies they are buried in Centralia. Also there is still one church and every sunday many towns people come back for mass.
    10-01-12 08:12 PM
    Hey PK,

Is there any kind of record for the amount of likes in a thread? We should be at 28,000 either tonight or in the morning.
    10-01-12 08:16 PM
    Somewhere in the galaxy, it's October 3rd right now!
    I don't always drink beer but when I do, I prefer vodka

10toolazytomakeamemechars
    10-01-12 08:17 PM
    There are actually 4 cemeteries in the town and they all are maintained. When a relocated town person dies they are buried in Centralia. Also there is still one church and every sunday many towns people come back for mass.
    I've been to Eastern Liturgy, but never for a funeral or wedding.

I have been to the Parastas service at a funeral home.

The only experience I have with Eastern weddings is watching the wedding scene in "Deer Hunter". That was filmed at St Theodosius Russian Orthodox Cathedral in Cleveland. The reception was filmed at Lemko Hall. I was in the sanctuary at St Theodosius during a Tremont Art Walk a couple years ago.
    Engire, louzer, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    10-01-12 08:21 PM
    This is crazy, fire burning for 50 yrs & estimated to go for another 250! I can't believe I have never heard of this before.

Edit:Crazier still, people are fighting to live in this toxic town! I find a spider in my house and I want to sell.
    Last edited by mark37724; 10-01-12 at 08:25 PM.
    10-01-12 08:21 PM
    This is crazy, fire burning for 50 yrs & estimated to go for another 250! I can't believe I have never heard of this before.

Edit:Crazier still, people are fighting to live in this toxic town! I find a spider in my house and I want to sell.
    Here's another one. The door to he//

Derweze - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Engire, mark37724, louzer and 5 others like this.
    10-01-12 08:27 PM
    St Theodosius altar

Not a great quality picture, but it was with a BlackBerry 9000.
    Engire, h20work, mark37724 and 7 others like this.
    10-01-12 08:32 PM
    Thanks h2o. Interesting.
    Engire, h20work, louzer and 5 others like this.
    10-01-12 08:35 PM
    Everyone knows something you don't, and knowing is half the battle

10-01-12 08:42 PM
    I know I've certainly learned a lot from this thread....

Top things I've picked up so far:
    Pantsless and I have the same taste in women
    Q and I are both big fans of knowing where to find the "love" button

That's about it
    10-01-12 08:45 PM
618,114 ... 325326327328329 ...