[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7798h1siNO8&feature=related[/YT]
    10-01-12 04:29 PM
    Holy cr@p!!! I've been gone for about a day and a half and I'm 16 pages in the hole!
    10-01-12 04:31 PM
    Terribly disappointing to see that Californians need that explained to them, just like Nova Scotia for us.

Posted from My Mobile App
    I was probably the only Californian staying there. Lots of foreign travelers and domestic tourists. And an hour wait to get to the rooftop bar/pool that's overflowing with hipsters. They also have a beergarden on the roof.
    Engire, bungaboy, louzer and 3 others like this.
    10-01-12 04:33 PM
    Skydiver aims to break sound barrier, not neck, in highest, fastest free fall ever attempted

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. — His blood could boil. His lungs could overinflate. The vessels in his brain could burst. His eyes could hemorrhage.

And, yes, he could break his neck while jumping from a mind-boggling altitude of 23 miles.

But the risk of a gruesome death has never stopped “Fearless Felix” Baumgartner in all his years of skydiving and skyscraper leaping, and it’s not about to now.

Next Monday over New Mexico, he will attempt the highest, fastest free fall in history and try to become the first skydiver to break the sound barrier.

“So many unknowns,” Baumgartner says, “but we have solutions to survive.”

The 43-year-old former military parachutist from Austria is hoping to reach 690 mph, or Mach 1, after leaping from his balloon-hoisted capsule over the desert near Roswell.

He will have only a pressurized suit and helmet for protection as he tries to go supersonic 65 years after Chuck Yeager, flying an experimental rocket plane, became the first human to go faster than the speed of sound.

Doctors, engineers and others on Baumgartner’s Red Bull-sponsored team have spent as much as five years studying the risks and believe they have done everything possible to bring him back alive. He has tested out his suit and capsule in two dress rehearsals, jumping from 15 miles in March and 18 miles in July.

Baumgartner will be more than three times higher than the cruising altitude of jetliners when he hops, bunny-style, out of the capsule and into a near-vacuum where there is barely any oxygen and less than 1 percent of the air pressure on Earth.

If all goes well, he will reach the speed of sound in about half a minute at an altitude of around 100,000 feet. Then he will start to slow as the atmosphere gets denser, and after five minutes of free fall, he will pull his main parachute. The entire descent should last 15 to 20 minutes.

He will be rigged with cameras that will provide a live broadcast of the jump via the Internet, meaning countless viewers could end up witnessing a horrific accident.

Baumgartner is insistent on going live with his flight.

“We want to share that with the world,” he says. “It’s like landing on the moon. Why was that live?”
    Skydiver aims to break sound barrier, not neck, in highest, fastest free fall ever attempted - The Washington Post

Home | Red Bull Stratos
    10-01-12 04:37 PM
    1) The lasagna was EPIC.

2) I have a date with the bathtub, 5000 bubbles, a book, and a glass of Disarrono on the rocks. BBL
    FIFY

10bubblychars
    10-01-12 04:39 PM
    1) realized my glass of Disaronno was more like about 4 shots. Coupled with hot water...

Ree is a little tipsy y'all.

LOCK DOWN NEWS AND RUMOURS - I'M GOING IN!!!!! MWUAAAAHAAAAAA ATTICA! ATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    You go girl!!!

(But since I'm still playing catch up and still have a way to go, it's probably more like You went girl!!!)
    10-01-12 05:04 PM
    A guy goes into a placement center in Kansas City and sees a card advertising for a gynecologist's assistant in town.
    He goes up to the desk and says, "Can you give me some more details about the gynecologist's assistant job?"
    The girl looks in her files and says, "Here it is. The job requires you to get the patients ready for the gynecologist. You help them out of their clothes and onto the table, carefully wash their genital regions, apply shaving foam, gently shave off their pubic hair, and then rub in soothing oils so they're ready for the examination. The annual salary of $45,000, and you'll have to go to Wichita, about a hundred and twenty miles from here."
    He says, "I thought the job was here in town."
    She says, "It is. But that's where the end of the line is."

10-01-12 05:07 PM
    You need to try it. And from a restaurant too, not one of the ripoffs from McDonalds or BK. It's catching on in the States big time (I guess it's huge in Boston although they claim they came up with it...idiots).

I don't even LIKE cheese, and poutine is the ultimate comfort food for me.
    Hey! Easy there! We didn't come up with it, but we certainly do it well!
    10-01-12 05:08 PM
    Original Boston Baked Beans candy isn't from Boston either. Ferrara Pan is in a suburb of Chicago. Ferrara Pan Candy Co. | Store
    But dirty water from the Charles River is.
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5apEctKwiD8[/YT]
    pkcable, Engire, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    10-01-12 05:10 PM
    And one year the 2 groups, doing Yes music, got together and toured, 9 guys on staged all Yes members at one time or another. Anderson, Bruford, Wakman & Howe, reunited with Chris Squire and the guys who were then in Yes (Tony Kaye, Trevor Rabin, Geoff Downes, Alan White). Magic was made. Yes I saw all the shows in Philly, which was like 3 shows!

Saw the same show at the Gahhhhden.
    pkcable, Engire, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    10-01-12 05:12 PM
    I think Chuck probably got together with the woman he delivered the package to.
    Uh oh! I smell a bad sequel coming!
    Engire, bungaboy, wu-wei and 3 others like this.
    10-01-12 05:15 PM
    Ed Gein was the inspiration for Norman Bates, Leatherface and Jame Gumb.
    Jame Gumb was the Norman Bates of the '90s.
    10-01-12 05:22 PM
    I guess my '5000' brand of humor is not appreciated in the 'real world'.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ml#post7654009
    10-01-12 05:44 PM
    I bet all they did!

Edit
    Oops. Meant I bet they all did!
    Last edited by louzer; 10-01-12 at 10:56 PM.
    10-01-12 05:48 PM
    Ok, here's the Gordie Howe story. My family went on a cruise about 15 years ago, the whole extended group of us. While on the ship I thought I saw Gordie Howe and I told my brother in law and my brother but they did not believe me. Anyways a couple days in to the cruise my brother in law is in one of the shops on the ship run by a Canadian, and they start talking hockey and he asks my brother in law if he knew that Gordie Howe was on the ship. Of course next time I run in to him, he and I share a laugh about him not believing me and a plan is hatched to meet Gordie. That night it's the formal dinner on the ship with full tux. We seek out Gordie and have a nice conversation and ask for a picture. So they line us all up, with me right next to Gordie. Now understand I am the smallest one in the group (I weighed much less back then). Anyways before they take the picture Gordie elbows me in the face, and then leans down and deadpans "I always go for the little guy". We all broke out laughing. And I can forever say that I got checked by Gordie Howe!
    10-01-12 06:04 PM
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMP9TdrLywo&feature=related[/YT]
    pkcable, bungaboy, louzer and 4 others like this.
    10-01-12 06:13 PM
    Skydiver aims to break sound barrier, not neck, in highest, fastest free fall ever attempted

Skydiver aims to break sound barrier, not neck, in highest, fastest free fall ever attempted - The Washington Post

Home | Red Bull Stratos
    I was going to point out the impossibility of reaching that speed due to terminal velocity, but I suppose at that altitude it might be possible to reach Mach 1.
    10-01-12 06:13 PM
    I watched Session 9 last night (ok, early this morning). It definitely built suspense very well and was a tad unsettling, but somehow I felt disappointed with the ending. :|
    10-01-12 06:16 PM

Home | Red Bull Stratos
    I've been know to do some crazy things but this guy has no worries about me trying to steal his record.
    10-01-12 06:23 PM
    I knew it was HOT yesterday!

On Sunday, Livermore tied a record of 99 degrees set in 1952, but Anderson said he didn't expect any records to be broken Monday.
    Bay Area oven is cookin' - SFGate
    10-01-12 06:23 PM
    Ok, here's the Gordie Howe story. My family went on a cruise about 15 years ago, the whole extended group of us. While on the ship I thought I saw Gordie Howe and I told my brother in law and my brother but they did not believe me. Anyways a couple days in to the cruise my brother in law is in one of the shops on the ship run by a Canadian, and they start talking hockey and he asks my brother in law if he knew that Gordie Howe was on the ship. Of course next time I run in to him, he and I share a laugh about him not believing me and a plan is hatched to meet Gordie. That night it's the formal dinner on the ship with full tux. We seek out Gordie and have a nice conversation and ask for a picture. So they line us all up, with me right next to Gordie. Now understand I am the smallest one in the group (I weighed much less back then). Anyways before they take the picture Gordie elbows me in the face, and then leans down and deadpans "I always go for the little guy". We all broke out laughing. And I can forever say that I got checked by Gordie Howe!
    PICTURE! PICTURE! Have it handy?
    Engire, bungaboy, louzer and 4 others like this.
    10-01-12 06:31 PM
    talking about hot, how about Al Pacino as John Milton in The Devil's Advocate!? What an epic role, this guy is amazing. I watch this movie like twice a week, I don't see myself ever being bored of thus movie.

Sent from my BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 - Powered by BerryLicio.us� 7.1 Ultimate� hybrid - Using CrackBerry Forums app!
    10-01-12 06:33 PM

Home | Red Bull Stratos
    I heard about this on the radio, he's dead! Do you know how many test pilots died trying to break the sound barrier before they figured out how to do it.
    10-01-12 06:36 PM
    talking about hot, how about Al Pacino as John Milton in The Devil's Advocate!? What an epic role, this guy is amazing. I watch this movie like twice a week, I don't see myself ever being bored of thus movie.

Sent from my BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 - Powered by BerryLicio.us� 7.1 Ultimate� hybrid - Using CrackBerry Forums app!
    Think this might be the only Pacino clip that Rich hasn't posted here.
    10-01-12 06:39 PM
    Here's the clip! I'm not at the office so it is from the mobile site.

10-01-12 06:54 PM
618,114 ... 324325326327328 ...