But, your daughter and son-in-law are okay, yes?
    His nephew (presumably driving alone).
    09-20-20 09:23 PM
    Yep, on the Transcanada between Winnipeg and Calgary. Real blow out....
    Glad you clarified, cause I was going to say something smart about the fact that maybe no one knows how to change a tire anymore and it being a traumatic experience to survive.

A tire blow out at speed however can indeed be dangerous. Glad the kid is fine.
    09-20-20 09:27 PM
    Still he's a stupid jerk.
    Glad you clarified, cause I was going to say something smart about the fact that maybe no one knows how to change a tire anymore and it being a traumatic experience to survive.

A tire blow out at speed however can indeed be dangerous. Glad the kid is fine.
    09-20-20 09:37 PM
    So he's the kind of guy that would have trouble changing a tire?
    Still he's a stupid jerk.
    anon(10694483) likes this.
    09-20-20 09:39 PM
    If he could change a tire it would be the most intelligent thing he has done on this trip of his! Not impressed with my daughter either for putting him up.
    So he's the kind of guy that would have trouble changing a tire?
    09-20-20 09:42 PM
    When I drove across the country in 1993 going west from Ontario it was around Edmonton that I noticed a massive wear on one of my front tires. So bad there was strands of steel wire starting to protrude. The car had seemed to have been driving fine for me for a few months straight before hand. However, all those miles did a number on the tire. It was my first car and I was a young and way less experienced person. I think it was slightly out of alignment and I didn't know better.
    If he could change a tire it would be the most intelligent thing he has done on this trip of his! Not impressed with my daughter either for putting him up.
    09-20-20 09:50 PM
    Where you driving a Lada? Russian radial belted tires were horrific when it came to wear.
    When I drove across the country in 1993 going west from Ontario it was around Edmonton that I noticed a massive wear on one of my front tires. So bad there was strands of steel wire starting to protrude. The car had seemed to have been driving fine for me for a few months straight before hand. However, all those miles did a number on the tire. It was my first car and I was a young and way less experienced person. I think it was slightly out of alignment and I didn't know better.
    09-20-20 09:53 PM
    A 1987 white two door Ford Tempo. That thing was great. I maybe did two oil changes on it and drove it into the ground and it just kept going. Drove it from BC east to NS a year later, then back and forth between NS and ON a few times over the years also. Near the end of when I had it, the back end shocks were so bad that as I took a long easy bumpy curve on a four lane highway it would float from the inside to the outside lane on its own.
    09-20-20 09:54 PM
    Off to bed for me. Later.
    09-20-20 09:56 PM
    Doors of the Shalom Showhome going on tomorrow. Anybody want a 1976 Yamaha XS750 Triple? Needs some work, but if you want it come and take it away! The CB 1M post Challenge!-img_20200920_220138.jpeg
    09-20-20 10:06 PM
    So glad he didn't break it. Sprains like this are often more painful than breaks though, so he really needs to be good about staying off it while the twisted ligaments/tendons slowly get back to normal. (he may be able to predict rain on its way for a while after, too... :-) )
    Spent about 4 hours there and they took x-rays and he has twisted his foot and badly bruised it. Doctor said to stay off of his foot for a couple of days, gave him some anti inflammatory drugs and sent his on his way.

The folks at the Lake City VA do a good job and treated him good. Back home now and he has his foot elevated and a ice pack on it. He will be fine.
    09-20-20 10:11 PM
    It was about that time I was thinking about getting one of those. I was riding around on a 250 Suzuki at the time. Never did get the Yamaha and that is the last time I was on a motorcycle.
    Doors of the Shalom Showhome going on tomorrow. Anybody want a 1976 Yamaha XS750 Triple? Needs some work, but if you want it come and take it away! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200920_220138.jpeg 
Views:	7 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	449560
    09-20-20 10:23 PM
    In the 70's I started with little 50cc Bombardier mini bike then progressed to a Kawasaki 100 enduro. At 18 I started riding a Honda CL350 (scrambler pipes) and at 19 a Honda CB750k.
    Then comes marriage and babies and the need for a car. Until 1998 when I bought that used XS750 and replaced the cam chain, rebuilt the carbs and rode it for about 3 years. Lost my love for riding by having been cut off or nearly hit numerous times. When I had to lay it down to avoid a car doing a lane change in a a downpour kinda ended my desire to ride.
    It was about that time I was thinking about getting one of those. I was riding around on a 250 Suzuki at the time. Never did get the Yamaha and that is the last time I was on a motorcycle.
    09-20-20 10:36 PM
    This little 50cc minibike could actually do 60 mph if you had enuff flat land ahead of you, with a tailwind.. The CB 1M post Challenge!-notable-00093.jpeg
    09-20-20 10:51 PM
    There are many former and current CB members in Telegram now. I created an account there over a year ago, in order to create a backup to a small BBM group I'm in, when BBM started behaving erratically (long before the split between BBM(10) and BBMe happened). I was worried BBM would shut down with little warning, so it was just a place to go to if BBM wouldn't load. Turns out there were already lots of people in Telegram I knew from CB, and it's much easier to use than BBM - it supports channels and cross platform groups, too. Although I haven't tried either yet, the most recent updates allow for audio and video calls. It's pretty nice.
    Is telegram a thing now? It’s the 2nd time today Ive heard it mentioned. I just use iMessage.
    09-20-20 11:30 PM
    This says it all Spartz....

A 1987 white two door Ford Tempo. That thing was great. I maybe did two oil changes on it and drove it into the ground and it just kept going. Drove it from BC east to NS a year later, then back and forth between NS and ON a few times over the years also. Near the end of when I had it, the back end shocks were so bad that as I took a long easy bumpy curve on a four lane highway it would float from the inside to the outside lane on its own.
    Last edited by Kraftarama; 09-21-20 at 12:17 AM.
    09-20-20 11:35 PM
    Oh dear, I'm glad he's ok!

He clearly needs to get away from family for a while. Let's hope he's not a candidate for the Darwin awards.
    Yep, on the Transcanada between Winnipeg and Calgary. Real blow out. Long story short this kid (26) on wife's side still living with his parents in Montreal decides he wants to travel across Canada during the Covfefe-19. Stayed at my daughter's house here in Winnipeg for 14 days and as much my daughter and her husband had to quarantine together. Left Winnipeg on Friday, on his way to Vancouver eventually. Has a issue with drugs I'm told so going to Vancouver is like saying aiming for the magic fentanyl heroine rainbow in the sky.

I asked my daughter to spend the 14 days here in quarantine to convince him to go back home to Montreal. No go.

So I'll be the first to say it, stupid is as stupid does and my nephew is the winner of the Colossus of Intellect Award for brazen ignorance and irresponsible actions during a Pandemic.
    09-20-20 11:39 PM
    Did he actually post that? I'm so glad I have him on ignorant.
    Edit* Ignore

09-20-20 11:45 PM
    You should not care, the guy is offensive to all with his actions. Fortunately he's too Stoopid to qualify for the Darwin Awards.
    Oh dear, I'm glad he's ok!

He clearly needs to get away from family for a while. Let's hope he's not a candidate for the Darwin awards.
    09-20-20 11:48 PM
    Here's a little Manitoba Opera to call the closing of my day.

09-20-20 11:58 PM
    Good night all! Take care of each other. Wear a mask , social distance and follow science.
    misterabrasive and grover5 like this.
    09-21-20 12:03 AM
    Oops, sorry, I had one more post to make...

Who dat??The CB 1M post Challenge!-notable-00094.jpeg
    grover5 likes this.
    09-21-20 12:26 AM
    No, he already stated his nephew was ok, but he went into detail about when the nephew stayed there 14 days or so.

Did he actually post that? I'm so glad I have him on ignorant.
    Edit* Ignore
    Yes I posted it because you already stated your nephew was ok but I'm sure you just forgot. It happens with time and senioritis ;-D

My nephew had a flat on his car yesterday. He's ok, no injuries.
    09-21-20 08:49 AM
    I think the two of you are ignoring each other too much. Each of you probably only seeing half the conversation.

09-21-20 11:33 AM
    This says it all Spartz....
    Well I wouldn't classify the ole Tempo as a bright white sports car, more of a dull white piece of shat econo comuter, and it wasn't stolen either. But, good tune none the same, and I did drive the ole Tempo like a brute sometimes.
    09-21-20 11:46 AM
618,114 ... 2363523636236372363823639 ...