I am not following some of this stuff closely. However, having a centralized overall view of numbers seems to make sense to me.
    The CDC uses the data for tracking and projections. The White House wants the data because fat don wants everyone to think it’s going away. Sad but true.
    07-15-20 07:05 PM
    Going to be a rainy day
    Beautiful day here today but it’s short lived. The heat and humidity return this weekend.
    07-15-20 07:06 PM
    The CDC is about as central and non-partisan and impartial as it gets. If it goes to the government the information will be spun whichever way Trump wants it to be spun.
    I am not following some of this stuff closely. However, having a centralized overall view of numbers seems to make sense to me.
    grover5 and anon(10694483) like this.
    07-15-20 07:11 PM
    The CDC is about as central and non-partisan and impartial as it gets. If it goes to the government the information will be spun whichever way Trump wants it to be spun.
    Well, it’s a federal agency, so technically, it’s the government already.
    07-15-20 07:13 PM
    Well, it’s a federal agency, so technically, it’s the government already.
    It’s located in Atlanta for a reason. It is purposefully not located in DC.
    07-15-20 07:19 PM
    Presumably the data isnt just going to one place? Like maybe sent to central, but also independently sent to other places as well?
    07-15-20 07:20 PM
    Zoom Zoom
    A couple meetings tomorrow. Nothing to crazy.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-15-20 07:25 PM
    It’s located in Atlanta for a reason. It is purposefully not located in DC.
    When computers and the internet gets invented, with data stored within, physical location won’t really mean anything, will it? The SEC and DOL both seem to have fingers stuck in my arse, yet I’m here in the great state of Florida, last I checked...
    07-15-20 07:26 PM
    The CDC is central but not under direct control of Fat Orange. The numbers being sent to Washington will be manipulated by Trump as he sees fit.
    Presumably the data isnt just going to one place? Like maybe sent to central, but also independently sent to other places as well?
    grover5 likes this.
    07-15-20 07:27 PM
    It's not just their fingers stuck up your arse. Can you breathe in there?
    When computers and the internet gets invented, with data stored within, physical location won’t really mean anything, will it? The SEC and DOL both seem to have fingers stuck in my arse, yet I’m here in the great state of Florida, last I checked...
    07-15-20 07:30 PM
    The physical location is meant to keep it independent and free of politics. It means something.
    07-15-20 07:30 PM
    Zoom Zoom
    Zoomarama!
    07-15-20 07:31 PM
    Check the zoom.
    The CDC is central but not under direct control of Fat Orange. The numbers being sent to Washington will be manipulated by Trump as he sees fit.
    As it’s not already being manipulated?!? I believe that metadata falls under some kind of freedom of information passed from and between state agencies.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    The physical location is meant to keep it independent and free of politics. It means something.
    Yeah, maybe fifty years ago. This is 2020 and that’s like saying CENTCOM and SOCOM running from MacDill in Tampa keeps the war from DC too.
    07-15-20 07:34 PM
    All that money being wasted as Trump makes enemies of allies and sides with the enemy!
    Yeah, maybe fifty years ago. This is 2020 and that’s like saying CENTCOM and SOCOM running from MacDill in Tampa keeps the war from DC too.
    07-15-20 07:36 PM
    Location matters for politicization. It’s the reason they’re in Atlanta. Of course no one has tried to politicize them until fat don. Thankfully he chose to do so during his botched handling of a pandemic. Winning.
    07-15-20 07:42 PM
    Location matters for politicization. It’s the reason they’re in Atlanta. Of course no one has tried to politicize them until fat don. Thankfully he chose to do so during his botched handling of a pandemic. Winning.
    Not to young people. That’s like saying “long distance call” or social media relationships aren’t real.

I’m old enough to understand original comment, it’s just irrelevant now in 2020 because anyone under 35-40 don’t assign geographical barriers the same way.
    07-15-20 08:03 PM
    Not to young people. That’s like saying “long distance call” or social media relationships aren’t real.

I’m old enough to understand original comment, it’s just irrelevant now in 2020 because anyone under 35-40 don’t assign geographical barriers the same way.
    The argument you’re making is irrelevant to the point. Of course we can communicate and work from anywhere. That’s not the point. The physical location is due to removing it from a political town where everything is tainted by politics. Existing in Atlanta is vastly different from existing in DC from a political influence perspective. It’s only when those norms were broken by fat don that it became more difficult to do so.
    anon(10694483) likes this.
    07-15-20 08:17 PM
    Ok. I’m out. I did not intend for this to flair up again. Heidi and chipotle are on the way. I’m pouring a glass of wine and eyeing some lovely green. Happy Wednesday all!
    misterabrasive and kbz1960 like this.
    07-15-20 08:19 PM
    Deflect.

07-15-20 08:20 PM
    Location matters for politicization...
    York or Kingston were specifically not made the capital of Canada for this reason. Well, that and because location also has military tactical and strategic considerations.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    grover5 and anon(10694483) like this.
    07-15-20 08:23 PM
    Nor did I, I posted an important message about the state of democracy and that everyone should stay vigilant. No one knows for sure how far fat orange will go....
    Ok. I’m out. I did not intend for this to flair up again. Heidi and chipotle are on the way. I’m pouring a glass of wine and eyeing some lovely green. Happy Wednesday all!
    grover5 likes this.
    07-15-20 08:25 PM
    ... The numbers being sent to Washington will be manipulated by Trump as he sees fit.
    Yeah but who cares? Others will still be able to present the numbers also will they not? Won't there be many just waiting to pounce on if the data is politicalized?

Is this about Trump getting copies of the data or about him trying to keep the data to himself or from being made available to others and the public?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-15-20 08:31 PM
    Others will only be able to get the information after being vetted by the White House. That would be like Trudeau getting the numbers first before Health Canada and if he so decided to hide some numbers to improve his standing. I sure as hell appreciate that health agencies should be at arms length from the ruling government.

Remember when Harper was in power and dismantled a lot of our scientific community here in Canada? He was up to no good
    Yeah but who cares? Others will still be able to present the numbers also will they not? Won't there be many just waiting to pounce on if the data is politicalized?

Is this about Trump getting copies of the data or about him trying to keep the data to himself or from being made available to others and the public?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    grover5 likes this.
    07-15-20 08:39 PM
618,114 ... 2348923490234912349223493 ...