Its all about risk and mitigation. People ride in cars and walk on streets even though there is still a risk they will get killed, because mitigations are in place to keep the risk low enough (wearing seat belts, other drivers needing to be licensed to drive, sidewalks normally a certain distance away fro speeding traffic, etc..). For COVID, if mitigations are used (stay away from crowds, physical distance, wear a mask) then the risk can also be low enough.
    I agree but my point is that life must continue. We’re guaranteed certain freedoms constitutionally and we can’t pick and choose. Yesterday many groups held rallies and protests without following suggested guidelines. It’s their protected right...
    07-05-20 07:33 AM
    I am not sure how many freedoms you guys really have beyond what most other western and democratic countries also have.
    The first and second amendment would be considered the most important. At some level, Americans will die for those. Right to free speech and right to bear arms.
    07-05-20 07:37 AM
    The first and second amendment would be considered the most important. At some level, Americans will die for those. Right to free speech and right to bear arms.
    I don't know enough about your constitution and it's amendments, but I am guessing most of the rights you guys have are also enjoyed by most western democracies. In Canada, we have laws to restrict the ability to use and carry guns. Those laws have been put in place and evolved over the years, as a result of the work of our elected officials, doing work representative of the will and the rights of the people.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    grover5 likes this.
    07-05-20 07:57 AM
    I agree but my point is that life must continue. We’re guaranteed certain freedoms constitutionally and we can’t pick and choose. Yesterday many groups held rallies and protests without following suggested guidelines. It’s their protected right...
    I'd suggest that people can and should pick and choose, and people should not decide to not follow suggested guidelines just because someone else is saying it would be an infringement on one's rights.

It's probably a right to play Russian Roulette if one wanted to. If a whole bunch of people started highly suggesting that no one should ever play Russian Roulette, putting out public warnings about the dangers and risks, and public official campaigns against it and such, would some people then insist upon taking up to playing it, and be willing to die doing so, just because of the idea of the right to be able to and the desire to demonstrate that right against the public health warnings?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    grover5 and anon(10694483) like this.
    07-05-20 08:07 AM
    Thought you were from Canada, not Australia.
    Mate.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-05-20 09:01 AM
    I'd suggest that people can and should pick and choose, and people should not decide to not follow suggested guidelines just because someone else is saying it would be an infringement on one's rights.

It's probably a right to play Russian Roulette if one wanted to. If a whole bunch of people started highly suggesting that no one should ever play Russian Roulette, putting out public warnings about the dangers and risks, and public official campaigns against it and such, would some people then insist upon taking up to playing it, and be willing to die doing so, just because of the idea of the right to be able to and the desire to demonstrate that right against the public health warnings?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Right now the BLM protests feel their cause and rights are too important.
    07-05-20 10:30 AM
    I don't know enough about your constitution and it's amendments, but I am guessing most of the rights you guys have are also enjoyed by most western democracies. In Canada, we have laws to restrict the ability to use and carry guns. Those laws have been put in place and evolved over the years, as a result of the work of our elected officials, doing work representative of the will and the rights of the people.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Guns rights are very important part of our society and is political suicide for politicians.

I’ve always been pro-gun, however, I haven’t owned since my son who’s 25 was born. We always went shooting at the range and he owns some various pistols now on his own. My close friend and business associate has a very large gun collection so for hunting or range purposes, I already have access to pretty much anything.

However, the wife and I will be getting our concealed weapons permits shortly. That allows us more options to carry and/or transport firearms legally. My two daughters are under the age of legal ownership but are going to be attending safety and training courses soon. I was putting off another two years but unfortunately recent events have changed that.
    07-05-20 10:41 AM
    I am sure you are right that some are over doing it, and stoking up others.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-05-20 11:41 AM
    ...I’ve always been pro-gun, however, I haven’t owned since my son who’s 25 was born. We always went shooting at the range and he owns some various pistols now on his own. My close friend and business associate has a very large gun collection so for hunting or range purposes, I already have access to pretty much anything...
    I very much enjoy shooting rifles and pistols, etc... For me however, it's not worth it as a hobby. Too expensive. Better things to spend my time and money on.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    grover5 likes this.
    07-05-20 11:44 AM
    Sunday!

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    07-05-20 12:10 PM
    Hi everyone =-h 👋. Missed you guys.

misterabrasive likes this.
    07-05-20 12:12 PM
    Wait! Who are you?
    Sunday!

kbz1960 likes this.
    07-05-20 12:12 PM
    We missed you too!
    Hi everyone =-h . Missed you guys.

kbz1960 likes this.
    07-05-20 12:13 PM
    I don’t care about weapons.
    07-05-20 02:22 PM

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Well said.
    07-05-20 02:23 PM
    Guns rights are very important part of our society and is political suicide for politicians.

I’ve always been pro-gun, however, I haven’t owned since my son who’s 25 was born. We always went shooting at the range and he owns some various pistols now on his own. My close friend and business associate has a very large gun collection so for hunting or range purposes, I already have access to pretty much anything.

However, the wife and I will be getting our concealed weapons permits shortly. That allows us more options to carry and/or transport firearms legally. My two daughters are under the age of legal ownership but are going to be attending safety and training courses soon. I was putting off another two years but unfortunately recent events have changed that.
    07-05-20 02:24 PM
    False. Try again.
    anon(10694483) likes this.
    07-05-20 02:25 PM
    Sunday!
    07-05-20 02:25 PM
    Wow. Wow, Wowsers. Entrenched racism is hard to overcome.
    grover5 likes this.
    07-05-20 02:35 PM
    False. Try again.
    How’s that false?
    07-05-20 04:19 PM
    Wow. Wow, Wowsers. Entrenched racism is hard to overcome.
    They’re protesting for their causes but against the social distancing recommendations and/or requirements here in Florida where partial shutdowns and shelter in place has come back. As long as they’re peaceful, that’s right of theirs.
    07-05-20 04:21 PM
    But you’re not in Florida are you?
    07-05-20 04:23 PM
    That’s fine, but so many do....
    07-05-20 04:24 PM
    Freedom and the Constitution, from I'm reading from you, is not for everyone. Only those approved by you.
    They’re protesting for their causes but against the social distancing recommendations and/or requirements here in Florida where partial shutdowns and shelter in place has come back. As long as they’re peaceful, that’s right of theirs.
    07-05-20 04:43 PM
    I don't know what the rules are down there, but same kind of think seemed to also happen up here in Canada. Protests and demonstrations (and I don't have any issue with that), but throwing a lot of caution to the wind in terms of not social distancing and not wearing masks (which I don't think is right) .

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-05-20 04:43 PM
618,099 ... 2347123472234732347423475 ...