Black Lives Matter
    Stupid me. Of course.

Unfortunately, with thousands of people in groups in close proximity to each other and lots of them voicing things at elevated volume levels and not wearing masks, it is very obvious to me that those congregationing events are contributing to increased spread of COVID. The same here in Canada. It's no different than thousands of people crowding to a beach or a park or to a stadium.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-28-20 08:30 AM
    Correct. Now add in all of those at the dear leaders rallys. Of course the turnout was much smaller than he predicted, but one can only hope that it will be spread to many more of his rabid supporters.
    Stupid me. Of course.

Unfortunately, with thousands of people in groups in close proximity to each other and lots of them voicing things at elevated volume levels and not wearing masks, it is very obvious to me that those congregationing events are contributing to increased spread of COVID. The same here in Canada. It's no different than thousands of people crowding to a beach or a park or to a stadium.
    grover5 likes this.
    06-28-20 09:06 AM
    When I’m done, I’ll let you know.
    Feel free to go another round then. Let's discuss your me first mantra some more. I'm happy to dunk on you all day everyday.
    Last edited by grover5; 06-28-20 at 10:02 AM.
    anon(10694483) likes this.
    06-28-20 09:50 AM
    Correct. Now add in all of those at the dear leaders rallys. Of course the turnout was much smaller than he predicted, but one can only hope that it will be spread to many more of his rabid supporters.
    The BLM protesters were outdoors which is one reason they haven't shown a spike. Along with wearing masks.
    06-28-20 09:51 AM
    Sunday!
    06-28-20 09:51 AM
    We are having shredded chicken tacos tonight. A homemade specialty.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-28-20 09:52 AM
    ...protesters were outdoors which is one reason they haven't shown a spike. Along with wearing masks.
    There was lots of coverage from various places around the world showing people crammed together and most not wearing masks, and lots also shouting at the top of their voices. In some cases, there were even lots of people shouting at each other with their faces only millimetres apart, trying to intimate each other. I suspect the "outdoorness" factor wasn't wiping the air clean enough. I haven't looked around yet for data/analysis for possible correlation or not to increased COVID cases and all those large gatherings.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-28-20 10:06 AM
    Feel free to go another round then...
    If we're doing that for the benefit of getting post counts up, I guess that could be a positive. Otherwise, I fear people will just end up leaving if this carries on for too long or if it goes too deep. That's my thought.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-28-20 10:09 AM
    There was lots of coverage from various places around the world showing people crammed together and most not wearing masks, and lots also shouting at the top of their voices. In some cases, there were even lots of people shouting at each other with their faces only millimetres apart, trying to intimate each other. I suspect the "outdoorness" factor wasn't wiping the air clean enough. I haven't looked around yet for data/analysis for possible correlation or not to increased COVID cases and all those large gatherings.
    There has been data gathered that shows the protests did not cause spikes. The hypothesis is the outdoor aspect was the reason. The protests have been going on for well over a month. The spikes seem to occur from indoor events. Bars and churches specifically.
    06-28-20 10:09 AM
    If we're doing that for the benefit of getting post counts up, I guess that could be a positive. Otherwise, I fear people will just end up leaving if this carries on for too long or if it goes too deep. That's my thought.
    I offered to end it. My offer was turned down.
    06-28-20 10:10 AM
    There has been data gathered that shows the protests did not cause spikes. The hypothesis is the outdoor aspect was the reason. The protests have been going on for well over a month. The spikes seem to occur from indoor events. Bars and churches specifically.
    That could make sense, because we had lots of protests in Canada also but our numbers are not yet spiking (wait for it). Then again, I don't think our similar protests were as deep rooted nor as prolonged.

I am guessing that there is actually a lot of speculation and miss information going on as to cause for the spikes when various outlets "authoratively" tell us what the reasons are. However, my guess is the predominant factor is not enough seriousness about protective and mitigation measures and also a spreading of negative or "not required" attitude about such.
    06-28-20 10:16 AM
    Not that many participating now. I don't think that any of the few are going to be leaving.
    06-28-20 10:29 AM
    Not that many participating now...
    Good point. What is there, maybe only a few regulars on this thread (I don't think I am here enough to count as a regular regular)?
    06-28-20 10:37 AM
    As long as you are here, you are a regular as far as I'm concerned.
    Good point. What is there, maybe only a few regulars on this thread (I don't think I am here enough to count as a regular regular)?
    grover5 and kbz1960 like this.
    06-28-20 11:03 AM
    If you're good then so be it. I just stated my position. We can move on. This is the pantless zone.
    Agreed

Start another thread for the other
    06-28-20 11:28 AM
    We are having shredded chicken tacos tonight. A homemade specialty.
    Sister is here making her special burritos for lunch
    grover5 likes this.
    06-28-20 11:32 AM
    The spikes are coming from more testing that wasn't being done until now
    06-28-20 11:33 AM
    I offered to end it. My offer was turned down.
    I think everyone's thoughts and opinions count and just because they differ doesn't mean either is right or wrong unless it harms someone and not just their poor little feelings.
    grover5 and misterabrasive like this.
    06-28-20 11:36 AM
    Sunday
    06-28-20 11:37 AM
    Sunday
    I think the Muppet already said that
    06-28-20 11:37 AM
    Sister is here making her special burritos for lunch
    Nice!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-28-20 11:38 AM
    Sunday!
    Yep, did
    grover5 likes this.
    Nice!
    Guess I'll find out
    grover5 likes this.
    The spikes are coming from more testing that wasn't being done until now
    The data for testing has been steady for weeks. The spikes are happening due to younger people hitting the bars for the most part.
    06-28-20 11:39 AM
    Guess I'll find out
    Enjoy!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-28-20 11:40 AM
618,114 ... 2345723458234592346023461 ...