Hello Mr.Finley I have something I'd like to talk about.

This is ridiculous and y'all are being pugnacious, slimy and monstrous people for whom, obviously, reading isn't fundamental.

First, y'all are practiced liars who lie without impunity because you're calling me one. When you point a finger, three point back at you.

Second, third, fourth, fifth, etc., I didn't answer your question because it has nothing to do with the phone's back cover swelling. I threw the case info in as an aside. I didn't feel you required a response but obviously you're a petulant, provocative person who hates being ignored.

Clearly, you weren't raised with good manners, but were you raised to know that extremely cold temperatures can cause plastic to crumble?

Even with the case cracking after the temperature here was subzero from November 2018 until May 2019, until my first post in this thread, I still kept the phone covered in the 100% cowhide soft leather flip case. The first plastic piece at the top fell off when I removed it from my purse in January just after one of several blizzards.

I NEVER carry my phone on my person for health reasons (EMF). I NEVER put my phone to my ear, and only use earphones or the speaker when using the phone. I can't even wear a Bluetooth earpiece without getting an ear infection, so why would I carry my smartphone in my back, front or side pocket even when I'm wearing jeans? I HAVE NEVER DONE SO. I don't carry my water bottle in my purse nor in my .

I have receipts in the form of witnesses at work and at home, and I was raised to be a good steward of my possessions, other's possessions and the earth.

I AM VERY CAREFUL NOT TO GET MY PHONE WET, NOT TO DROP IT, NOT TO SIT ON IT, NOT TO SLEEP WITH IT, NOT TO PUT IT ON THE FLOOR, NOT TO LEAVE IT IN THE CAR, NOT TO PUT IT ON THE SEAT OF THE CAR UNLESS ITS IN EITHER MY PURSE OR BRIEFCASE, NEVER TO PUT IT ON THE DASHBOARD OR IN THE GLOVE COMPARTMENT, NEVER PUT IT IN THE WINDSHIELD WELL, AND NEVER, EVER TO CARRY IT WITH THE LEATHER FLIP CASE OPEN. WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT OF BUYING A LEATHER FLIP CASE?

Fortunately, Blackberry never questioned my veracity, told me my beloved Key2 is under warranty and that they could send me a refurbished phone, but first I would have to send them this phone. They said it's not their protocol to send a temp phone but that I could buy a 'cheap' phone while I'm waiting for the replacement phone. That isn't feasible either and I can't be without my phone for 7+ days, as I use it for business as well as personal.

I sent them the same photos I posted here and they didn't call me a liar, nor accuse me of doing something that caused the cover to buckle. In fact, they first tried to find a part for it, then discovered they don't carry parts for the Key2, leading me to suspect that this is a defect that others encountered.

They said they'd send me another phone per their protocol but since I don't have 600+ bucks lying around for them to hold, I took the advice of my IT person who suggested I contact the company from which I bought an extended warranty simultaneously with the phone, and they'll fix it.

I've contacted the warranty/insurance company and they said no problem, they will help me and send me another phone. I'll have to pay the hundred dollar deductible, but it's much cheaper than dealing with you nasty people ever again OR putting a $600 hold on a credit card OR sending the phone to Blackberry, and being without a phone for a week or more.

If T-MOBILE and Blackberry hadn't fallen out just after I bought the Q10, I wouldn't have had to deal with either y'all or Blackberry which, I believe, may have different replacement rules for BlackBerry Enterprise customers and private individuals.

But still...

You people are among the top worst folk I've ever encountered on a BlackBerry Forums site in my life, and I've only owned a Blackberry since I entered the mobile market in 2007, which is when I also joined the now defunct Blackberry Forums.

Goodbye and good riddance.
    Just cutting and pasting took you forever..

I still feel she thinks we’re BlackBerry customer service...
    09-03-19 08:34 PM
    Thank you for your call. I will forward this to the Customer Retention people. Hello, Hello are you still there?
    09-03-19 08:35 PM

Come to think of it, what could have caused such damage? Phone while in the case was dropped in water and then froze, given that it's always so cold there?
    09-03-19 08:39 PM
    Never assume that someone is a girl because they carry a purse.
    09-03-19 08:43 PM
    Carry on Check.
    09-03-19 08:44 PM

Can't copy using the Crackberry android app, had to open in Firefox and then copy and come back to the app to paste.
    09-03-19 08:47 PM
    Don't forget that Kung Fu starring David Carradine is on at 8pm Thursday, brought to you by Buick Motor Division and Anheiser Busch.
    09-03-19 08:52 PM
    See what happens when you start drinking at 2pm instead of 3pm...
    09-03-19 08:54 PM
    Only 9pm. Sure I'll have a couple more, the rib steak is in the sous vide thingy. Hope there is some HP Sauce left.
    09-03-19 08:57 PM
    Rib Steak with a side of spring rolls. Veggies are good for you!
    09-03-19 08:59 PM
    Rib Steak with a side of spring rolls. Veggies are good for you!
    Never forget the SkyFlakes!!
    Attached Thumbnails The CB 1M post Challenge!-15595.jpg  
    09-03-19 09:59 PM
    Never forget the SkyFlakes!!
    Yama is malfunctioning. Does anyone have the warranty?
    anon(10622733) and kbz1960 like this.
    09-03-19 10:49 PM
    Warranty has long since expired.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-03-19 10:53 PM
    Nomad "must sterilize "
    09-03-19 10:54 PM
    Nomad "must sterilize "
    09-03-19 10:57 PM
    Those are really good crackers btw...
    09-03-19 11:00 PM
    Poor Bahamas though - the hurricane just sat over them for 2 days! :-(

Not out of the woods yet but no hurricane force winds here. Going to stay 80 miles or so out to sea. Dang thing is finally starting to move. Probably get tropical storm winds, but that's much better than the alternative.

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    09-03-19 11:20 PM
     Dai-sy, Dai-sy... Give me your... an-swer... do...

anon(10622733) likes this.
    09-03-19 11:22 PM
    Didn't even need the link! :-D

Nomad "must sterilize "

09-03-19 11:24 PM
    This actually made me laugh out loud!

Don't hold back

Let 'er rip

As we get old

We tend to drip

I'm a poet

And didn't know it.

Longfellow

misterabrasive and kbz1960 like this.
    09-03-19 11:26 PM
    HAHAHAHA!!! I saw that thread - hilarious!

Hello Mr.Finley I have something I'd like to talk about.

This is ridiculous and y'all are being pugnacious, slimy and monstrous people for whom, obviously, reading isn't fundamental.

First, y'all are practiced liars who lie without impunity because you're calling me one. When you point a finger, three point back at you.

Second, third, fourth, fifth, etc., I didn't answer your question because it has nothing to do with the phone's back cover swelling. I threw the case info in as an aside. I didn't feel you required a response but obviously you're a petulant, provocative person who hates being ignored.

Clearly, you weren't raised with good manners, but were you raised to know that extremely cold temperatures can cause plastic to crumble?

Even with the case cracking after the temperature here was subzero from November 2018 until May 2019, until my first post in this thread, I still kept the phone covered in the 100% cowhide soft leather flip case. The first plastic piece at the top fell off when I removed it from my purse in January just after one of several blizzards.

I NEVER carry my phone on my person for health reasons (EMF). I NEVER put my phone to my ear, and only use earphones or the speaker when using the phone. I can't even wear a Bluetooth earpiece without getting an ear infection, so why would I carry my smartphone in my back, front or side pocket even when I'm wearing jeans? I HAVE NEVER DONE SO. I don't carry my water bottle in my purse nor in my .

I have receipts in the form of witnesses at work and at home, and I was raised to be a good steward of my possessions, other's possessions and the earth.

I AM VERY CAREFUL NOT TO GET MY PHONE WET, NOT TO DROP IT, NOT TO SIT ON IT, NOT TO SLEEP WITH IT, NOT TO PUT IT ON THE FLOOR, NOT TO LEAVE IT IN THE CAR, NOT TO PUT IT ON THE SEAT OF THE CAR UNLESS ITS IN EITHER MY PURSE OR BRIEFCASE, NEVER TO PUT IT ON THE DASHBOARD OR IN THE GLOVE COMPARTMENT, NEVER PUT IT IN THE WINDSHIELD WELL, AND NEVER, EVER TO CARRY IT WITH THE LEATHER FLIP CASE OPEN. WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT OF BUYING A LEATHER FLIP CASE?

Fortunately, Blackberry never questioned my veracity, told me my beloved Key2 is under warranty and that they could send me a refurbished phone, but first I would have to send them this phone. They said it's not their protocol to send a temp phone but that I could buy a 'cheap' phone while I'm waiting for the replacement phone. That isn't feasible either and I can't be without my phone for 7+ days, as I use it for business as well as personal.

I sent them the same photos I posted here and they didn't call me a liar, nor accuse me of doing something that caused the cover to buckle. In fact, they first tried to find a part for it, then discovered they don't carry parts for the Key2, leading me to suspect that this is a defect that others encountered.

They said they'd send me another phone per their protocol but since I don't have 600+ bucks lying around for them to hold, I took the advice of my IT person who suggested I contact the company from which I bought an extended warranty simultaneously with the phone, and they'll fix it.

I've contacted the warranty/insurance company and they said no problem, they will help me and send me another phone. I'll have to pay the hundred dollar deductible, but it's much cheaper than dealing with you nasty people ever again OR putting a $600 hold on a credit card OR sending the phone to Blackberry, and being without a phone for a week or more.

If T-MOBILE and Blackberry hadn't fallen out just after I bought the Q10, I wouldn't have had to deal with either y'all or Blackberry which, I believe, may have different replacement rules for BlackBerry Enterprise customers and private individuals.

But still...

You people are among the top worst folk I've ever encountered on a BlackBerry Forums site in my life, and I've only owned a Blackberry since I entered the mobile market in 2007, which is when I also joined the now defunct Blackberry Forums.

Goodbye and good riddance.

09-03-19 11:36 PM
    That's some real dedication there! :-D

Can't copy using the Crackberry android app, had to open in Firefox and then copy and come back to the app to paste.

09-03-19 11:38 PM
    Obviously dropped on the one spot that the bucket doesn't cover.
    But thanks anyway. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
    Lord Buckethead hathed declared on the weekend that you'd be spared. I have a soft spot for you.
    09-04-19 06:33 AM
    Warranty ran out the day before yesterday.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-04-19 06:34 AM
    I used it on my nexus phones. I had the nexus 5 and 6 and 6p. I recently bought a nexus 5 off eBay to load jolla sailfish onto.
    That should be fun to play with
    09-04-19 10:14 AM
618,099 ... 2320423205232062320723208 ...