Well, and considering he was suppose to be dead three years ago...even more lucky
    Your getting luckier by the minute!
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-18-16 04:05 PM
    I'm curious to see what kind of suggestions are offered, cause there are many creative people here!

white Z30 STA100-5
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-18-16 04:09 PM
    I do a lot of email communication for work, so the key there is to stick to the matter at hand and not attempt humour by email - and leave anything more light hearted for times when I am communicating by phone, and tone can be related. That 56% is higher than I thought it would be!

white Z30 STA100-5
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-18-16 04:18 PM
    Stir that crock and we will have soup
    Shirt soup no thanks
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-18-16 04:24 PM
    Now that's a beauty of a table congrats use it in good health!
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-18-16 04:27 PM
    Originally Posted by eiruvrav http://forums.crackberry.com/images/...post-right.png
    This is a very bad assumption firstly to decide I have no friends and second to say that a post is the reason why!

In fun??? and I've been talking seriously all this time!!! http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0251.gif
    Ya and I got a bridge for sale!
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-18-16 04:29 PM
    There HAS to be fun sometimes, no?!?
    Is there an international signal i've been missing? A particular time of the day, or day of the week when I know FUN is ok vs SERIOUS?

Any feedback on differentiating the appropriateness of FUN vs SERIOUS would be most welcome cause i dont seem to be grasping it!

white Z30 STA100-5
    No need to grasp anything just make up rules as you go along!
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-18-16 04:34 PM
    Originally Posted by eiruvrav http://forums.crackberry.com/images/...post-right.png
    Firstly if you believe that you have no problems in life that in itself is a problem. There is no person on this planet who's life is perfect. Second by saying someone else has problems was not meant to comfort in the least it was simply a statement .

"There is no person on this planet who's life is perfect."
    That's a pretty big assumption for someone who doesn't know every person on this planet. Maybe you mean "in YOUR opinion!!

"By saying someone else has problems... was simply a statement ." If you didn't mean it, why even say it?

I've lived a charmed life and have absolutely NO regrets. There's nothing I would do differently .NOTHING. At 65 I haven't got a problem on this planet or any other planet I've visited!
    And, What do you know about "perfect?" I'm as perfect as I am.

Don't be so quick to make such judgements. To assume how another person perceives life by the way YOU perceive it , is a sign of a closed mind and shows only ignorance.(in my opinion)

Life works out best for those that make the best out of the way life works out!

It's not an opinion it's a fact look through history! One thing is for certain if you make the best out of every situation life does work out but that doesn't mean that one don't have problems, it just means that your acceptance of life is something to admire but that don't mean life is perfect without problems!
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-18-16 04:41 PM
    Perhaps this is where I am going wrong...I don't know how to interpret tables!!

An excerpt from:
    https://www.fastcodesign.com/3036748...ails-and-texts

"Let's start with message senders. A big problem people have when conveying digital emotions is often that they fail to appreciate there's a problem at all. In one experiment from a 2005 study, test participants emailed 10 statements to a recipient. Some statements were serious, some sarcastic. These senders believed the recipient would correctly identify the intended emotion behind most of the messages. In fact, the recipients only identified seriousness or sarcasm 56% of the time, which isn't much better than chance (below).
    Attachment 408555

white Z30 STA100-5
    This post requires thinking and involves math try again something simple
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-18-16 04:43 PM
    At the Fall Fair today... saw some Jerk Chicken Perogies... OH HELL YES!!!!

The CB 1M post Challenge!-csqp23dvuaa8plx.jpg
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-18-16 04:44 PM
    Let's say for the sake of discussion there is some validity to this table and the author didn't invent this statistic...

Does this mean that approx 56% of the time people think I am serious when I am actually funnin??

white Z30 STA100-5
    How about the rest of us this don't only apply to you
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-18-16 04:44 PM
    Also that study is old. Is an adjustment needed for inflation? A cost of humour allowance maybe? And what % would one use?!? I am getting the shakes!!

white Z30 STA100-5
    You gotta figure this out on your own bec we don't do math here!
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-18-16 04:46 PM
    Good question. I'm never serious but my humor has a very sarcastic twist to it and is too often taken seriously. (Believe me... I have the infractions to prove it!!)
    Ya just gotta go with what you've got and eventually others will "get you!"

Now, even when I TRY to be serious no one believes me! Go figure!
    I was the one who got in trouble here because you thought I was being serious now YOU go figure!
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-18-16 04:48 PM
    I don't have any problems. Is that a problem?
    No but that just means your living in denial!
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-18-16 04:50 PM
    It's not all that old considering there hasn't been anything new added or taken away from sending an email message. Therefore, no need to make an adjustment to the data for the difference in time.
    I think we can safely say this is not only emails it applies to all social media and therefore needs updating!
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-18-16 04:53 PM
    So if it's safe to say i don't need to worry that the percentage of understanding has changed over time, I just need to give consideration to what methods I can employ during those pesky 44% of occasions when humour/sarcasm vs serious could be misinterpreted - correct? Any suggestions?

white Z30 STA100-5
    Yes, that's correct. As far as suggestions at a or after a sarcastic remark and a after a serious remark. The other possibility is to .
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-18-16 04:54 PM
    So if it's safe to say i don't need to worry that the percentage of understanding has changed over time, I just need to give consideration to what methods I can employ during those pesky 44% of occasions when humour/sarcasm vs serious could be misinterpreted - correct? Any suggestions?

white Z30 STA100-5
    Simple just be yourself if someone has an issue with it as jackd would say cluck em!
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-18-16 04:55 PM
    Gotcha!

white Z30 STA100-5
    So now we good?
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-18-16 04:57 PM
    I do a lot of email communication for work, so the key there is to stick to the matter at hand and not attempt humour by email - and leave anything more light hearted for times when I am communicating by phone, and tone can be related.

white Z30 STA100-5
    Good call.

That 56% is higher than I thought it would be!

white Z30 STA100-5
    It's about right, it's a flip of the coin. For it to be less would require the receiver to have a serious mental problem or the messenger to have very poor grammar and writing skills. I'm guessing the authors of the study were assuming the messenger and receiver are of at least able to write and read at a 6th grade level.
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-18-16 05:02 PM
    At the Fall Fair today... saw some Jerk Chicken Perogies... OH HELL YES!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CsqP23dVUAA8pLx.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	198.3 KB 
ID:	408570
    Now you made me hungry!
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-18-16 05:03 PM
    You gotta figure this out on your own bec we don't do math here!
    It's not math, it's statistics.
    shabbs and Carjackd like this.
    09-18-16 05:04 PM
    Yes, that's correct. As far as suggestions at a or after a sarcastic remark and a after a serious remark. The other possibility is to .
    What if a post has an all of the above?
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-18-16 05:06 PM
    No but that just means your living in denial!
    No, I don't live in denial. I live in Illinois.
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-18-16 05:06 PM
    It's not math, it's statistics.
    To try to figure out statistics is in many cases harder and more complicated than math!
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-18-16 05:07 PM
    I think we can safely say this is not only emails it applies to all social media and therefore needs updating!
    But the results for other social media would be the same. The point of the study was comparing written communication with voice communication.
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-18-16 05:08 PM
618,114 ... 2115221153211542115521156 ...