It's definitely not this time of year
    When I hear the name Ducks, this is what I think of.
    08-11-12 01:05 AM
    I don't know who is sponsoring the other forum, but...
    Attached Thumbnails The CB 1M Challenge-ss5000.jpg  
    08-11-12 01:15 AM
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnXOAWoNADw[/YT]
    Last edited by louzer; 08-11-12 at 11:30 AM.
    08-11-12 01:40 AM
    They go to sleep too early on a Friday night in Bizarro Jerry Land.
    08-11-12 01:47 AM
    What happens when the Countdown to 5000 and the Count Up to 5000 both reach 5000? Will it be 12/12/12?
    08-11-12 01:52 AM
    What happens when the Countdown to 5000 and the Count Up to 5000 both reach 5000? Will it be 12/12/12?
    More like 12/22/12 because if they reach 5000 at the same time it will surely be the end of all we hold near and dear.
    08-11-12 01:56 AM
    I can't follow that thread. It has nothing to do with it's content. I made the last couple of posts and, for some reason, mine are followed by two random posts that were from previous dates. Plus, it looks more like article comments than a forum. And it doesn't have the rich carmel center that this one has.
    08-11-12 02:06 AM
    I can't follow that thread. It has nothing to do with it's content. I made the last couple of posts and, for some reason, mine are followed by two random posts that were from previous dates. Plus, it looks more like article comments than a forum. And it doesn't have the rich carmel center that this one has.
    It is impossible to follow as it does not necessarily follow chronological order. Members can vote for a post which bumps it higher in the thread (or lower?). Even then your right there is no real content making it painful to follow and more of a chore than enjoyable.

And now I need to redeem myself and post something sensible and on topic.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxTpvA-pUG0[/YT]
    08-11-12 02:19 AM
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6CeR8tdmXs[/YT]
    08-11-12 02:20 AM
    Wait. Don't I geat a last request?
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVKsd8z6scw[/YT]
    08-11-12 02:32 AM
    Puttin' on the Ritz!
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co6-tYS9k1U[/YT]
    08-11-12 02:46 AM
    OK. It's late. I'm tired.
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uai7M4RpoLU[/YT]
    08-11-12 02:53 AM
    Allow me to wake you up then.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK9qfVQ4Z04&feature=relmfu[/YT]
    08-11-12 02:57 AM
    You can bypass all that by using various filters. You can have the thread displayed chronologically. Have to agree about the rich carmel center though
    louzer, drjay868, Engire and 6 others like this.
    08-11-12 09:21 AM
    I checked my give-a-Phuck-o-meter. Just as I thought, not a single one was given....
    08-11-12 10:25 AM
    Look what MaryAnn's rockin'
    Listen hear you can look a little but we just broke up and I'm an immature male who thinks he's important and listens to lady Gaga and Justin beaver and can't control myself and wanna fight over her even if it's over and my vast no real world knowledge and thinking she still owes me and and and and.....DON'T LOOK AT HER LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!
    08-11-12 10:53 AM
    I can't wrap my head around the mentality "over there." If they're so disgruntled with CB why copy the exact same threads to talk about over there, and then bash this thread and its posters in the copy thread?
    08-11-12 11:06 AM
    The sneaky japs were working on a copy, but it never made it production. The gun to the right (if my picture showed up correctly) is a ww2 jap arisaka 7.7mm that I made into a scout sniper rifle. Gotta admit, I love the garrand for the "paaaa tingggg" sound when it ejects the enblock clip. 30 ought six, my shoulder was hurting after that day at the range.
    Colonel Jeff Cooper would be proud of you
    08-11-12 11:15 AM
    I can't wrap my head around the mentality "over there." If they're so disgruntled with CB why copy the exact same threads to talk about over there, and then bash this thread and its posters in the copy thread?
    It's like little children when the hit puberty and think they can do better. They feel independent but have no source of survival. And like adults we should use our size to crush the rebellions
    08-11-12 12:05 PM
    I do mean Crush the Rebels.
    08-11-12 12:17 PM
    It just seems so petty, on ALL sides. Aren't adults supposed to grow out of such drama and game playing at some point?
    08-11-12 12:18 PM
    Seems some are obsessed with the other place. Why do you care what they do, I thought no one did.

Note it is not everyone and yes I don't like that some want to copy things from here. If you don't care about the place why worry about it or even worse do the same thing here you claim people are doing there?

Silly indeed.
    08-11-12 12:34 PM
    Seems some are obsessed with the other place. Why do you care what they do, I thought no one did.

Note it is not everyone and yes I don't like that some want to copy things from here. If you don't care about the place why worry about it or even worse do the same thing here you claim people are doing there?

Silly indeed.
    I think that the problem is that people are mixing politics with support. My personal problem is that over the years, I have gotten help from and have given help to people who are on both sides of the fence.

I certainly have my views and opinions about my selection of mobile devices as well as what I think that the future holds. So do many other people and the opinions vary greatly.

People, including myself, have stated that time is RIM's worst enemy in terms of waiting for the launch of BB10. But the problem that I'm seeing is not necessarily related to what RIM is doing and when, but fracture that opinions cause in what has traditionally been great community full of tips, tricks, advice, and news.

The problem with the time to launch is one of the main reasons that I chose to participate in this thread. It's an opportunity to participate in a forum based on a technology that won't have anything new for a while. It's an opportunity to enjoy the company of others who share a zeal for technology, but maintain that relationship even during the downtime.

I joined the other thread as well because, like here, there are people I like and just enjoy chewing the fat with. The people in this thread are great. But there are people who seem more comfortable over there who I like as well. My dual membership is not about picking sides - it's about staying in touch and up-to-speed with where the good information is. Given the scarcity of information about RIM lately, it's nice to be able to compare and contrast opinions - even if it's across multiple sites.

It's taken over 2400 posts, but the politics have finally creeped into even this thread. I find it sad because I considered this a nice refuge from all of the politics, name calling, and divisiveness.

Now enough of this meaningless rant and back to business:
    Tapeheads is one of those movies that became cult classic with John Cusack.
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9dBiw7xfVU[/YT]
    08-11-12 01:08 PM
    I agree back to the nonsense.
    08-11-12 01:11 PM
    What the............
    I had to check a couple of times to see which thread I was looking at.
    08-11-12 01:14 PM
564,856 ... 9596979899 ...