Penguin, I had a scary situation like that a few years back:

I was on my way home from work about 10:30pm when I could see sparks flying in the air a hundred yards or so in front of me (the highway was making a sweeping turn to the left, so whatever was sparking was blocked by the cement divide). As I approached, I saw 2 cars in the left emergency lane of the highway, one against the cement divide and the other kind of ramped half-way up it at an angle (front passenger tire on top of the wall, others on the road).

Another car and I pull over and run one each to the two cars. I come up on the car with a middle-aged woman inside, freaking out. I calm her down and ask if she's ok. She's fine other than a cut on her forehead from the steering wheel. I told her to stay in the car, and not move her head too much and head to the other car. As I'm walking to the other car, an older man stumbles out, face all beat up and dripping blood. He's trying to speak, but I can't make out anything he's saying. As I get closer, the good samaritan tells me how drunk this guy is, right about the time I start to smell how drunk this guy is. We sit the guy on the pavement against the wall and go to the woman to find out what happened.

As she's telling her side of the story, we all hear a huge scraping sound, followed by thud, and roar of an engine. The A-hole got back into his car, drove it off the wall, and started driving away... INTO ONCOMING TRAFFIC!!!!

And of course, its not straight down the emergency lane or fast lane, but swerving between 3 lanes. A third car driving in the fast lane, has to swerve around this douchecanoe, but loses control and ends up crashing into the wall behind the first crashed car (with the lady in it). It ricochets around the crashed car, back into the fast lane, and then heads right for us, in front of the first crashed car (we had left the relative safety of being beside the car and run towards the drunkass' car when he started pulling away). The good samaritan and I jump over the wall and watch the newest victim car hit the wall feet from where were standing, richochet back into the fast lane, BARELY miss another car driving down the highway, and finally stop once it hit head-on the center wall again.

We run to it and find a 16yr old girl driving her mother home from work. The girl is fine except for a broken nose from the airbag, but the mother who was sleeping in the passenger seat with her feet on the dash (and no seatbelt) had both legs broken with compound fractures of the femurs and tibia, and dislocation of both knees.

Another call to 911 and a few minutes later cops and EMS are there, as well as the police chopper. They caught the guy (he had finally left the highway) before the scene was cleaned up and all statements were taken. I gave all my info, but never heard from anyone. I'm guessing the guy pleaded out or something because I never got called for court. Have no idea what happened to him or any of the others in the crash.
    Scary experience. Unfortunately you are probably right, the douchecanoe ( my new favorite word) is back on the road.
    11-09-12 09:10 AM
    Penguin, I had a scary situation like that a few years back:

I was on my way home from work about 10:30pm when I could see sparks flying in the air a hundred yards or so in front of me (the highway was making a sweeping turn to the left, so whatever was sparking was blocked by the cement divide). As I approached, I saw 2 cars in the left emergency lane of the highway, one against the cement divide and the other kind of ramped half-way up it at an angle (front passenger tire on top of the wall, others on the road).

Another car and I pull over and run one each to the two cars. I come up on the car with a middle-aged woman inside, freaking out. I calm her down and ask if she's ok. She's fine other than a cut on her forehead from the steering wheel. I told her to stay in the car, and not move her head too much and head to the other car. As I'm walking to the other car, an older man stumbles out, face all beat up and dripping blood. He's trying to speak, but I can't make out anything he's saying. As I get closer, the good samaritan tells me how drunk this guy is, right about the time I start to smell how drunk this guy is. We sit the guy on the pavement against the wall and go to the woman to find out what happened.

As she's telling her side of the story, we all hear a huge scraping sound, followed by thud, and roar of an engine. The A-hole got back into his car, drove it off the wall, and started driving away... INTO ONCOMING TRAFFIC!!!!

And of course, its not straight down the emergency lane or fast lane, but swerving between 3 lanes. A third car driving in the fast lane, has to swerve around this douchecanoe, but loses control and ends up crashing into the wall behind the first crashed car (with the lady in it). It ricochets around the crashed car, back into the fast lane, and then heads right for us, in front of the first crashed car (we had left the relative safety of being beside the car and run towards the drunkass' car when he started pulling away). The good samaritan and I jump over the wall and watch the newest victim car hit the wall feet from where were standing, richochet back into the fast lane, BARELY miss another car driving down the highway, and finally stop once it hit head-on the center wall again.

We run to it and find a 16yr old girl driving her mother home from work. The girl is fine except for a broken nose from the airbag, but the mother who was sleeping in the passenger seat with her feet on the dash (and no seatbelt) had both legs broken with compound fractures of the femurs and tibia, and dislocation of both knees.

Another call to 911 and a few minutes later cops and EMS are there, as well as the police chopper. They caught the guy (he had finally left the highway) before the scene was cleaned up and all statements were taken. I gave all my info, but never heard from anyone. I'm guessing the guy pleaded out or something because I never got called for court. Have no idea what happened to him or any of the others in the crash.
    Sweet fvcking Jesus. I hope that douchecanoe got put away for a long, long time and got his license taken away for life.
    11-09-12 09:11 AM
    good morning everybody
    sinus headache
    sore throat
    yucky icky

ugh
    Zinc and Vitamin C tabs, stat!!
    11-09-12 09:12 AM
    Why can't I see any posts from Scottm42? Can only see quoted stuff, and he's not on my blocked list
    Hmm, it does appear that all of his posts have been deleted.
    11-09-12 09:15 AM
    I knew there was something fishy with him.
    So, who was that guy?
    11-09-12 09:17 AM
    damn that was quick
    mods are really catching these losers
    They should have at least left his posts here we need all the posts we can get.
    11-09-12 09:18 AM
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You do that too????
    Great call.
    So, who was that guy?
    They only do that when someone who has received a heavy ban comes back.

We've had a recent influx of the banned.

I've got suspicions....
    11-09-12 09:19 AM
    Does anyone use this product? It says After Party, is that if you can't pick up someone at the party?

The CB 1M post Challenge!-tigi-bed-head-after-party-smoothing-cream-278x278.jpg
    11-09-12 09:21 AM
    good morning everybody
    sinus headache
    sore throat
    yucky icky

ugh
    Good Morning!!!!
    11-09-12 09:27 AM
    Sweet fvcking Jesus. I hope that douchecanoe got put away for a long, long time and got his license taken away for life.
    Unfortunately, I'm sure middbrew is right and he's probably back on the streets.
    11-09-12 09:31 AM
    I hate our legal system sometimes.
    11-09-12 09:32 AM
    I can just hope that maybe, JUST MAYBE, he got the same judge as the one with the lady driving on the sidewald to get around the school bus. I can only imagine the punishment he/she would dish out for that.
    11-09-12 09:32 AM
    Don't forget B vitamins!

Used to a test where we had to give a shot of B12 to patients. It was a horrible test, that no one wanted to do bc it involved collecting the patient's urine over the course of a couple of days (if you don't know what I mean, into a bottle, store it at room temp for a couple of days, then open and try pour into a test tube without spilling). Anyways, we all liked having it as a test we could do because it meant we had to keep B12 on hand, and when we came in hung over to the point of praying to the porcelin god, a shot of B12 would fix us right up within 10mins. Probably felt better than if we had not drank the night before.
    11-09-12 09:44 AM
    Does anyone use this product? It says After Party, is that if you can't pick up someone at the party?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tigi-bed-head-after-party-smoothing-cream-278x278.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	125120
    I'll never be able to walk into a sorority house again. I bet at least 1 room in every sorority house I've ever been in had some Bed Head product and a Febreeze bottle...

Actually, I take it back. I want to get in to those sorority houses more now than I did a decade ago.
    11-09-12 09:48 AM
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You do that too????
    Yes ma'am!! I used to be a huge Zicam advocate, until I realized that it was basically just Zinc in different (and often nasty) forms. So now I just use Zinc and Vitamin C tabs and I haven't had a cold in a couple years!
    middbrew, louzer, drjay868 and 5 others like this.
    11-09-12 10:19 AM
    That Scott dude tipped his hand when he made a "bully" comment.
    11-09-12 10:20 AM
    I hate our legal system sometimes.
    The American legal system: innocent until proven broke.

And not related to a politician.
    middbrew, louzer, drjay868 and 6 others like this.
    11-09-12 10:40 AM
    I knew there was something fishy with him.
    If he smells like cologne, leave him alone.
    If he smells like fish, ban him!
    11-09-12 10:42 AM
    good morning everybody
    sinus headache
    sore throat
    yucky icky

ugh
    Hope it gets better as the day goes on.
    11-09-12 10:47 AM
    So, I'm about to post 7000 on my quest to like every post.
    11-09-12 10:47 AM
    I have found a lot of post I hadn't read.
    11-09-12 10:48 AM
    And a bunch I'm glad I got to read again.
    11-09-12 10:48 AM
    There is some funny ish.
    11-09-12 10:49 AM
618,114 ... 534535536537538 ...