esk369

Re: the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    This is a pretty cool tree house I must confess to peaking in from time 2 time can anyone join?
    Is there a secret password or handshake?
    I used to be a member of the hemanwomanhatersclub when I was like 8 lol.
    Ok the truth is I followed the pantless one here.
    And I'm really not as bad as everyone says well mostly.

The CB 1M post Challenge!-cat.jpg
    bungaboy, middbrew, Engire and 5 others like this.
    10-20-12 02:59 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cat.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	123396
    Pretty cool how long did it take for the cat to teach you that trick
    bungaboy, middbrew, Engire and 6 others like this.
    10-20-12 03:09 PM
    Hmm... Re: Post Count Not Going up in Social Forums.....

That was a decision that goes back many years. We had some abuse back then. New members just trying to pad posts quick.

Personally, I'm not against turning the count back on for these forums. Looking across all our forums, I don't think they're turned off anywhere else on social / off topic forums. So if we want to be consistent... we could turn them back on here.

Thoughts?? If I do it, I'm not sure if it'll add back all of the ones made in the social forums to date, or if it just starts counting again from here...

Let me know what you guys think.

K
    esk369, bungaboy, middbrew and 8 others like this.
    10-20-12 03:11 PM
    Hmm... Re: Post Count Not Going up in Social Forums.....

That was a decision that goes back many years. We had some abuse back then. New members just trying to pad posts quick.

Personally, I'm not against turning the count back on for these forums. Looking across all our forums, I don't think they're turned off anywhere else on social / off topic forums. So if we want to be consistent... we could turn them back on here.

Thoughts?? If I do it, I'm not sure if it'll add back all of the ones made in the social forums to date, or if it just starts counting again from here...

Let me know what you guys think.

K
    How powerful is your server backend? Might bring down the whole site if it tries to add up all these posts.
    Engire, louzer, drjay868 and 3 others like this.
    10-20-12 03:29 PM
    I actually knew that posts didn't count here personally doesn't matter to me just wanting to hang out with some extremely cool people.
    Its nice to see even the boss pops in from time 2 time a few months ago I didn't know a place like crackberry existed so I will take the opportunity to say I'm a fan thanks Kevin
    10-20-12 03:32 PM
    Honestly, I can turn the setting back in like 10 seconds. Easy. I'm not sure that it does update all the posts though over the period of time that it was turned off. I **think** it'll just start counting again going forward. Not sure though. Will research it a bit.
    esk369, bungaboy, Engire and 6 others like this.
    10-20-12 03:33 PM
    I'd like to hit 10,000 forum posts by the time BlackBerry 10 launches. It'll get me there quicker if I turn post count on everywhere.

In reality, I think it does make more sense to have it turned on everywhere... I think in the past we looked at post count as the single sign of "reputation"... but the main purpose of post count in general is really as a sign of activity. Reputation should/could be treated with a separate measurement. For example, a user's liked/thanked count is a helpful indicator of reputation. We could always build in other badges too (have some ideas in the works for a while now along those lines that will ramp up after our passport system is in place).
    10-20-12 03:43 PM
    I'd like the idea for this thread. I obviously don't care about my own post count.

Instead of post count, though, please switch to sans-serif fonts. I can't give likes using a mobile app, and the serif fonts make my eyeballs hurt, so I just avoid this forum altogether.

I'm more likely to visit Android Central, since I don't get a headache viewing it on a PC monitor.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    10-20-12 03:50 PM
    Was planning on changing back the font to what we went to after we did the forums upgrade... (the one like Android Central). Though the current font is what we had here before... which is the same as what we use for comments on the blogs.

Will get that tweaked up soon though. Like I said... working on a theme update here to darken it up a bit and Cracky it up a bit more. Just gotta work through some other tech stuff first we have to get rolled out. then will be back on this.
    10-20-12 04:01 PM
    This is a pretty cool tree house I must confess to peaking in from time 2 time can anyone join?
    Is there a secret password or handshake?
    I used to be a member of the hemanwomanhatersclub when I was like 8 lol.
    Ok the truth is I followed the pantless one here.
    And I'm really not as bad as everyone says well mostly.
    Glad ya found us. Or did ya? Things are not the same in here. They and Them ya know.
    10-20-12 04:07 PM
    Whoa wait a sec how come my post count ain't going up lol.
    We don't count in here. But that doesn't stop "them" from asking for our advice and for favours.
    10-20-12 04:09 PM
    Was planning on changing back the font to what we went to after we did the forums upgrade... (the one like Android Central). Though the current font is what we had here before... which is the same as what we use for comments on the blogs.

Will get that tweaked up soon though. Like I said... working on a theme update here to darken it up a bit and Cracky it up a bit more. Just gotta work through some other tech stuff first we have to get rolled out. then will be back on this.
    I was a member of Crackberry before Android Central existed. I run Firefox, Chrome, Opera, IE and Konqueror. I do not recall EVER seeing serif fonts in the desktop version of the Crackberry forums in any of those browsers.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    10-20-12 04:13 PM
    We don't count in here. But that doesn't stop "them" from asking for our advice and for favours.
    Yep we hang out in here and stay out of trouble in the main. But "THEY" know we are here though. Yes they know.....................
    10-20-12 04:14 PM
    OK so I kinda sorta went back and read some of what I missed.....

Been arguing a lot in another forum....a doggy forum....regarding electric shock collars on dogs. I'm totally against it. Never used them at all and I've trained many, many dogs.

Anyway, glad to be back here. Believe it or not that debate is more heated than the "my iPhone is better than your Android but my BB kills all" debates.
    10-20-12 04:14 PM
    So how are we doing on the whole AC contest?
    10-20-12 04:15 PM
    This is kinda cool.
    10-20-12 04:18 PM
    I, personally don't care about my posts counts. Some others may however.

What I would like to see is a requirement for posting and maintaining your make and model current equipment being used. And some verification if possible.

I would like to see who is currently using what when I read their posts.

But that may be too complex and out a few peeps.

We posts stress relieving silly stuff here because at times and with increasing frequency the outside is too crazy.
    esk369, Engire, Alex_Hong and 6 others like this.
    10-20-12 04:19 PM
    So how are we doing on the whole AC contest?
    Believe it or not the thread kinda went into slow motion after the challenge. It will pick up again I would think, we just haven't had the right jump start yet.
    10-20-12 04:21 PM
    OK so I kinda sorta went back and read some of what I missed.....

Been arguing a lot in another forum....a doggy forum....regarding electric shock collars on dogs. I'm totally against it. Never used them at all and I've trained many, many dogs.

Anyway, glad to be back here. Believe it or not that debate is more heated than the "my iPhone is better than your Android but my BB kills all" debates.
    Simple solution. If you want to use a shock collar for training a dog, first get trained to train the dog. Obvious I know but let the training instructor use the collar on the student (human) during training and then let the student think about using it after that. I bet the use falls sharply. Same logic with the cops having an officer get tazed before being allowed to use a tazer.
    10-20-12 04:31 PM
    Believe it or not the thread kinda went into slow motion after the challenge. It will pick up again I would think, we just haven't had the right jump start yet.
    Well, there was an asterisk (*) that we had to deal with too. LoL
    Engire, mikeplus1, louzer and 4 others like this.
    10-20-12 04:34 PM
    Believe it or not that debate is more heated than the "my iPhone is better than your Android but my BB kills all" debates.
    No debate there. LoL
    Engire, mikeplus1, louzer and 4 others like this.
    10-20-12 04:36 PM
    Kevin, if you can hear me. Please fix it so that after each post I make I don't have to refresh to bring the likes and thanks buttons back.
    Engire, mikeplus1, louzer and 5 others like this.
    10-20-12 04:38 PM
    When I was a kid the after dinner entertainment for guests was me singing this stupid song. If anyone ever wonders why I'm f@@ked up? This might be a clue.

10-20-12 04:38 PM
    Then this type of music came along and really warped me. Or so "THEY" say.

10-20-12 04:44 PM
    Music (for me) best listened to at home. My right foot becomes very heavy in a car. And on a motorcycle my right wrist twists down at a fatal angle.

10-20-12 04:50 PM
618,114 ... 426427428429430 ...