1.9mb of 3.4mb!
    11-05-12 11:02 AM
    2.3mb of 3.4mb downloaded. I hope this update includes Skype and Netflix.
    11-05-12 11:03 AM
    2.5mb. Not much has changed since I was at 2.3mb!
    11-05-12 11:04 AM
    I'm not sure, but I think that App World downloads are snappier than in the last version. I'm at 2.7mb downloaded now.
    11-05-12 11:05 AM
    I wonder if BBM Groups will work with the new Bridge?
    11-05-12 11:06 AM
    Since Playbook updates happen on Tuesdays (except for those that don't) we're probably getting a Playbook update tomorrow. It's probably going to the the BB10 version that has gone into carrier testing.
    11-05-12 11:08 AM
    Pajama party tonight while waiting for the Playbook update. Kool Aid will be served.
    11-05-12 11:09 AM
    That's of course a pantless pajama party.
    The CB 1M post Challenge!-ml.jpg
    11-05-12 11:11 AM
    After the debacle with Irene last year, we're ready this year. Bought a 8500 W generator (that I had to wait almost three months for delivery on) and had a real electrician install a transfer switch. We'll have water, heat, fridge, a few lights, and the nuker. Not enough juice for the electric range, but there's the big ol' Weber gas grill outside if we really need it.

Of course, this all means the lights won't go out -- just like the 2" of snow we got all last winter after I bought a new huge-a$$ snowblower. http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/us...onfused013.gif
    I borrowed Dad's genny when my power went out and 3000W was just enough to run the fridge, freezer, sump pump, and TV equip. Definitely need a bigger one to run the furnace. Definitely investing in a whole-home natural gas standby genny tho.

Of course, like you said, I'll never lose power again.
    louzer, middbrew, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    11-05-12 11:17 AM
    My hospital is making it mandatory that everyone gets a flu shot or you have to walk around wearing a mask.

That's F'd up, IMO. I have never had the flu and have only had the flu shot once. And, coincidentally, the only time I've ever had a sinus infection was when I got the flu shot. I'm looking to buy these since I refuse to be told what to put into my body.

http://www.inspirefusion.com/media/2...cal_masks1.jpg
    Yeah, I find amongst me and my friends it really is a crap shoot. 50/50 they'll get it "after" the flu shot.
    But for seniors they consider it mandatory with good reason.
    louzer, middbrew, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    11-05-12 11:18 AM
    Downloading now...
    He...
    1.9mb of 3.4mb!
    Could...
    2.3mb of 3.4mb downloaded. I hope this update includes Skype and Netflix.
    Go...
    2.5mb. Not much has changed since I was at 2.3mb!
    All..
    I'm not sure, but I think that App World downloads are snappier than in the last version. I'm at 2.7mb downloaded now.
    The...
    I wonder if BBM Groups will work with the new Bridge?
    Way...

Last edited by Houshinto; 11-05-12 at 11:26 AM. Reason: incomplete post
    11-05-12 11:21 AM

I'd recommend Maker's, Knob Creek, or Stranahan's. I've actually tried that Tennessee Honey and it's not as awful as it sounds. Wouldn't be my first choice, but I wouldn't throw it away either.
    The Tennessee Honey is just too sweet for me. Otherwise, I agree totally.
    11-05-12 11:24 AM
    Better to have and not need then need and not have.
    EXACTLY why I have my CCW
    11-05-12 11:26 AM
    I borrowed Dad's genny when my power went out and 3000W was just enough to run the fridge, freezer, sump pump, and TV equip. Definitely need a bigger one to run the furnace. Definitely investing in a whole-home natural gas standby genny tho.

My neighbor has one of those. It's pretty slick.

The best part is he said anytime I want to hook up to his outside sockets and run my stuff go ahead.
    11-05-12 11:35 AM
    I'll be starting Insanity again. I admit...I'm not that eager LOL.
    I haven't done Insanity, but I do enjoy P90X (Plyo is my favorite). A buddy of mine, tho, said he thinks he got a better workout from P90X. Have you tried them both? If so, whch do you prefer?
    middbrew, louzer, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    11-05-12 11:50 AM
    I haven't done Insanity, but I do enjoy P90X (Plyo is my favorite). A buddy of mine, tho, said he thinks he got a better workout from P90X. Have you tried them both? If so, whch do you prefer?
    I haven't tried Insanity, but P90x is great workout.
    11-05-12 12:31 PM
    I love this kind of shiz... wish the discovery channel would go back to actually teaching/explaining this kind of stuff.
    11-05-12 12:41 PM
    It's just a scam, App World that is
    11-05-12 12:51 PM

Make sure you put your generator on high ground. LoL

I have a Yamaha 4500iSE 4500W with inverter. It will run furnace, pellet stove, fridge, home theatre, and computers/routers etc.

If I were to do it again I would go bigger (6000W to 8000W) with a 220V model.
    11-05-12 01:38 PM
    Attachment 124729

You're welcome
    I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-05-12 01:55 PM
    Redskins Rule

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The Redskins Rule is a trend involving National Football League games and United States presidential elections. Briefly stated, there is a high correlation between the outcome of the last Washington Redskins home football game prior to the U.S. Presidential Election and the outcome of the election: when the Redskins win, the incumbent party wins the electoral vote for the White House; when the Redskins lose, the non-incumbent party wins. This coincidence has been noted by many sports and political commentators and has held true in every election since 1940, except for that of 2004.[1][2]

The Redskins rule
    11-05-12 02:50 PM
    History

The Redskins moved to Washington in 1937. Since then, there have been 18 presidential elections. In 17 of those, the following rule applied:
    If the Redskins win their last home game before the election, the party that won the previous election wins the next election and that if the Redskins lose, the challenging party's candidate wins.
    The Redskins Rule was first noticed by Steve Hirdt, executive vice president of the Elias Sports Bureau, in 2000[2]; as a matter of Washington folklore it was already established by the time of the 1992 election.[citation needed]
    Twenty-first century

In 2000, the Redskins would begin what would become a four game losing streak with retrospect to the rule when they lost to the Titans. George W. Bush would end up defeating Al Gore in the electoral college, but would lose the popular vote. This would cause problems for the original version of the rule after the 2004 election.
    In 2004, the Redskins lost their last home game before the presidential election, indicating the incumbent should have lost; however, George W. Bush (the incumbent) went on to defeat John Kerry. Steve Hirdt, credited with the discovery of the rule, then modified it to refer not to the incumbent party in the White House but to the party that last won the popular vote. In the election in 2000, Al Gore won the popular vote, and thereby the revised Redskin Rule has been upheld.[2]
    In 2008, the Redskins lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers, thereby predicting a win for Illinois Senator Barack Obama over Arizona Senator John McCain because George W. Bush won the popular vote in 2004.[1]

On November 4, 2012, the Redskins lost against the Carolina Panthers. It was the last home game for the Redskins before the 2012 Presidential Election, which will take place on November 6. If the Redskins Rule holds true in the upcoming election, it predicts a loss for incumbent Barack Obama against challenger Mitt Romney.[3]

The revision to the rule ("Redskins Rule 2.0") states that "when the popular vote winner does not win the election, the impact of the Redskins game on the subsequent presidential election gets flipped. So, with that, the Redskins' loss in 2004 signaled that the incumbent would remain in the White House."
    11-05-12 02:53 PM
    Sorry, I didn't mean to get all political. I thought that was something interesting and by no means am I advocating one politician over the other.
    11-05-12 03:31 PM
    Although, I will be heading out to vote tomorrow. My wife and I are dragging our niece with us. She is 21 and has never voted. It's about time she engages in her civic duty and exercises her right to vote.
    11-05-12 03:34 PM
    Blackberry Bridge has been updated to 2.0.1.32!!!

The new Bridge is here! The new Bridge is here!

Music and lyrics written by Paul Simon, but Art Garfunkel is the only person meant to sing it.
    11-05-12 03:44 PM
618,114 ... 501502503504505 ...