Speaking of computers....

My dad worked for Tandy, then GRiD, then AST. He was at AST when my high school decided to install a networked computer lab, they chose IBM. Senior year, I had my own computer class since I was a little beyond the other students and had a weird class schedule. They teacher used to brag about how secure the network was and how with their advanced tape backup system it was impossible to ruin any data. Many times I told him he was horribly wrong. He goes on vacation for a few days and they leave me alone in the computer lab. Knowing that all the documents and important stuff is backed up, I start to do a little digging around the server directories. Was able to get in and open system and application files with a simple text editor. Pages and pages of random gibberish that I was able to go through and delete. Saved all my changes, and tested it out. Opened wordperfect and boom, crash. Tried out the other student software and none of it worked.

The next day when 1st period computer class started not one thing worked properly. They called in the tech guys who installed the system and they spent days trying to figure it out. Eventually I got ratted out as the one who did it and had caused the mess, and had to pay a large bill before I was allowed to graduate. Keep in mind this was back in 1991 so pc's and networking weren't a very common thing.

Skip forward to 1995, I'm now working in outside sales for local computer company. I just closed a huge network deal and was discussing it with the head of the service department. We start talking about security, backups, etc and I bring up my story. He gets a pi$$ed off look on his face and then says "that was you!!!!!, I wanted to kill you!" Oooops
    During my third year of law school, I wrote an extensive paper on computer security and applicable federal and state legislation. Part of my research included downloading and tinkering with some rather nefarious software.

Flash-forward a few months and I'm interviewing with the IT guys for a support position. I mention that my copy of Back Orifice had mysteriously disappeared from their servers, and I got a similar reaction....but it was more "that was you? OK, you're hired."
    10-09-12 08:41 PM
    Ya right!!! :P
    Would be better if my pb didn't put seems instead of see. Totally rims fault once again!!!! Off to the playbook forums now to ask when we are getting a new file manager
    10-09-12 08:44 PM
    A long time ago in an economy far away... I worked for a small company that moved into expensive new digs. Lush entrance way and well-appointed lobby with a huge conference room off the loby. Enormous granite-topped conference table and an entire wall of white board. First meeting in the new office and about 20 of us are sitting around the table. The head of HR got up and presented the new policies as related to the new office space. She carefully wrote all of the rules on the wall-o-white board. The only problem was that it was a Sharpie and not a white board pen. Needless to say, no one was able to forget any of the new rules.
    Easy fix: write over the sharpie with a white board pen. Voila.
    And, for the record, I don't lime the new forums on the desktop or PB. They've somehow found a way to make those a pain.
    We're going to have to follow Laura's lead and all post to the Crackberry forums from a Windows phone!
    Palindrome anyone?

Was it a car or a cat I saw?
    I am a lasagna hog - go hang a salami!
    10-09-12 08:45 PM
    Ohhhhhh QB and PP, my fellow tech wh0res...I took a couple of the back so you can see how the colour varies.

I got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails The CB 1M post Challenge!-uploadfromtaptalk1349833389910.jpg   The CB 1M post Challenge!-uploadfromtaptalk1349833435855.jpg   The CB 1M post Challenge!-uploadfromtaptalk1349833528297.jpg  
    10-09-12 08:45 PM
    Seems my next post for clarification

Or not

Saracasm only counts if it has a :P at the end, right?
    Normally, I'd say yes, but in this thread, I think sarcasm is almost always implied.
    10-09-12 08:48 PM
    How about skirtless?

drjay868, louzer, h20work and 6 others like this.
    10-09-12 08:48 PM
    Ohhhhhh QB and PP, my fellow tech wh0res...I took a couple of the back so you can see how the colour varies.

That's nice! I like that color. Looks like the color of my 1991 Mustang.
    louzer, Engire, reeneebob and 4 others like this.
    10-09-12 08:49 PM
    This..........
    10-09-12 08:50 PM
    10-09-12 08:55 PM
    Would be better if my pb didn't put seems instead of see. Totally rims fault once again!!!! Off to the playbook forums now to ask when we are getting a new file manager
    And you think that posting your complaints in a fan forum is going to make anything at RIM change. Wake up! If it really bugs you, then what you really need to do is to fire up your Playbook and Skype RIM support!
    10-09-12 08:55 PM
    Easy fix: write over the sharpie with a white board pen. Voila.
    White board pen doesn't adhere to sharpie. In the game of rock, paper, sharpie, sharpie always wins.
    drjay868, bungaboy, Engire and 4 others like this.
    10-09-12 08:57 PM
    I am a lasagna hog - go hang a salami!
    FIFY:
    I'm a lasagna hog - go hand a salami!
    10-09-12 08:59 PM

That's really nice. Don't get a case. Use it pantless!
    drjay868, bungaboy, Engire and 7 others like this.
    10-09-12 09:02 PM
    Was it the Blues Brothers clip or your mention of a '91 Mustang (or both) that made you think of this? One of the greatest car chase scenes ever!
    10-09-12 09:07 PM
    10-09-12 09:08 PM
    Not just pantless, totally nekkid.
    10-09-12 09:09 PM
    Was it the Blues Brothers clip or your mention of a '91 Mustang (or both) that made you think of this? One of the greatest car chase scenes ever!
    Actually both!

I wish I could find the "French Connection" chase, but all I'm finding is how they made it.
    louzer, bungaboy, Engire and 5 others like this.
    10-09-12 09:12 PM
    10-09-12 09:13 PM
    Okay hands down the best car chase movie EVER. I have always wanted that car or maybe it was just the pistol grip shifter or both.

10-09-12 09:15 PM
    And you think that posting your complaints in a fan forum is going to make anything at RIM change. Wake up! If it really bugs you, then what you really need to do is to fire up your Playbook and Skype RIM support!
    I would but my browser seems laggy, need to do a battery wipe or a security pull first
    louzer, Engire, drjay868 and 7 others like this.
    10-09-12 09:18 PM
    Hairless pussies are hypoallergenic.
    I love it when you talk dirty!
    louzer, Engire, drjay868 and 8 others like this.
    10-09-12 09:20 PM

Beautiful! Does she have a name yet?
    louzer, Engire, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    10-09-12 09:22 PM
    The others are great in the purist driving sense, but if you have to include special effects, then this one is in the mix too.
    Engire, drjay868, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    10-09-12 09:23 PM
618,114 ... 388389390391392 ...