The bastadges deleted my post over there and all I did was tell someone they must be really new here for wondering why so many people posted that they were "downloading now" and nothing else useful like how it was working for them.

Edit: I wondered why my post count and like count went down.
    I think Rich bagged all the 'downloading now'-only posts, and probably anybody who quoted them. They've kind of gotten out of that stupid habit in the Leaked forum because they've been chastised for it so many times; but there are so few PB updates, they haven't gotten the message yet.

George Carlin said it best...
    10-03-12 04:10 PM
    I think Rich bagged all the 'downloading now'-only posts, and probably anybody who quoted them. They've kind of gotten out of that stupid habit in the Leaked forum because they've been chastised for it so many times; but there are so few PB updates, they haven't gotten the message yet.

Well, I for one think that "someone" got a little heavy handed on this one.
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hj6-voLwB8[/YT]
    10-03-12 04:22 PM
    Ok, I need all the positivity of the 50K here. I just updated my PlayBook, and while that update is installing, I'm updating the 9900 with .694. Am I nuts??

Well, the PB is back up. Reboot one more time for posteriority, and keep fingers crossed for the 9900 update, which is running faster on my old Sony Vaio with XP than my new Win7 Asus that blew up the last time I tried this.

Hopefully all will be back online before I look like
    10-03-12 04:26 PM
    Coming to you live from my updated 9900.
    louzer, bungaboy, drjay868 and 8 others like this.
    10-03-12 05:00 PM
    And my updated PlayBook.

louzer, bungaboy, drjay868 and 8 others like this.
    10-03-12 05:02 PM
    We just blew past the 30k likes mark!!!!!!!!

We're 5000 kids... 30k likes strong... and growing!
    10-03-12 05:11 PM
    Mixed up sex . . . . . .

10-03-12 05:20 PM
    The bastadges deleted my post over there and all I did was tell someone they must be really new here for wondering why so many people posted that they were "downloading now" and nothing else useful like how it was working for them.

I found a pretty substantial bug and reported it in the 'offical' thread. But it's burried about 18 pages in among a slew of 'downloading now', 'where's my skype', 'i have no sms even though i didn't update my bridge', and other nonsense. So I had to create a separate thread for it and link it to the report within the official thread. In the future, someone should create a separate 'I'm downloading!" thread so that the official bugs and issues thread can be useful and meaningful.

/rant.

And to frame this rant into true '5000' style, I submit the following:

10-03-12 05:20 PM
    I found a pretty substantial bug and reported it in the 'offical' thread. But it's burried about 18 pages in among a slew of 'downloading now', 'where's my skype', 'i have no sms even though i didn't update my bridge', and other nonsense. So I had to create a separate thread for it and link it to the report within the official thread. In the future, someone should create a separate 'I'm downloading!" thread so that the official bugs and issues thread can be useful and meaningful.

/rant.

And to frame this rant into true '5000' style, I submit the following:

Click to view quoted image
    Back atcha, bub.

10-03-12 05:31 PM

They are not bastadges they are Them . . . . . . . . LoL
    10-03-12 05:39 PM
    You're making the bold assumption that there's a carpet for the drapes to have to match to ...
    Maybe there is an area rug....like an entry rug....
    10-03-12 06:12 PM
    Like a hallway runner?
    10-03-12 06:26 PM
    Walking to 7-11 last night/this morning for more mixer seemed like a good idea at the time. Woke up still quite drunk

A gallon of coffee before taking a client out for a seatrial in very sloppy sea conditions didn't help much
    10-03-12 06:27 PM

It's people that think they're live-blogging the event. It seemed a lot like Twitter, just without hashtags...
    10-03-12 06:28 PM
    Mixed up sex . . . . . .

Click to view quoted image
    The infamous jackalope.

Also spotted in the same region:

Last edited by TheScionicMan; 10-03-12 at 07:02 PM.
    10-03-12 06:30 PM
    They are not bastadges they are Them . . . . . . . . LoL
    C'mon guy! We've been over this 5000 times! They don't like to be referred to as "them"
    10-03-12 06:36 PM
    It's people that think they're live-blogging the event. It seemed a lot like Twitter, just without hashtags...
    Was even worse back in the Storm days. I stopped reading "findings and fixes" threads a long time ago.
    10-03-12 06:39 PM
    My favorite of all time was the whole color branding issue. Back on 4.7 something someone (I think civic) not the app icons had strange color bands in them. Someone misquoted it as color branding and it wound up in ever danm thread. The only color branding I know is crayola or pantone
    bungaboy, louzer, Engire and 7 others like this.
    10-03-12 06:43 PM
    Like a hallway runner?
    DEFINITELY this one!!!!!

Round Rugs, Rectangular Rugs, Square Shape Rug, Oval Shape Rug, Octagon Shape Rug
    10-03-12 06:48 PM
    Ok, I need all the positivity of the 50K here. I just updated my PlayBook, and while that update is installing, I'm updating the 9900 with .694. Am I nuts??

Well, the PB is back up. Reboot one more time for posteriority, and keep fingers crossed for the 9900 update, which is running faster on my old Sony Vaio with XP than my new Win7 Asus that blew up the last time I tried this.

Hopefully all will be back online before I look like Click to view quoted image
    I did something very similar. I updated my 9850 and two pb's. The torch went smoothly, the pb's not so much. My guess is user error since I'm so new to blackberry's
    bungaboy, louzer, Engire and 6 others like this.
    10-03-12 06:49 PM
    Like a landing strip??
    h20work, bungaboy, louzer and 8 others like this.
    10-03-12 06:51 PM
    Hmmm... I figured you as more of a hardwood fan
    10-03-12 06:51 PM
    For the record, PB #2 is "downloading now"
    10-03-12 06:55 PM
    Is that like a "shag" rug?
    10-03-12 06:57 PM
    Walking to 7-11 last night/this morning for more mixer seemed like a good idea at the time. Woke up still quite drunk

A gallon of coffee before taking a client out for a seatrial in very sloppy sea conditions didn't help much
    Shoulda stayed in bed longer and enjoyed the drunk longer.
    10-03-12 06:58 PM
618,099 ... 342343344345346 ...