You are absolutely correct bungaboy
    09-27-12 07:27 AM
    actually the threads themselves are not the issue, it is the idiots in the threads that are just too tiring to deal with. There are the same 20-30 people causing most of the issues, over and over again. Ignorance is a lot easier to deal with that sheer stupidity.
    Exactly. I don't mind if someone wants to start a thread about the downfall of RIM or need for apps, but the hijacking of threads from people that want to seriously talk about something really annoys me. I'd be surprised if there are any threads that make it past page 1 without the trend starting.

That being said, derailing a hijacked thread is the only merciful thing left to do for the poor OP.

WELL DONE GUYS AND GALS!!!!
    09-27-12 08:17 AM
    We should start derailing all of those threads that go astray and do the merciful thing and bring them here.
    drjay868, louzer, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    09-27-12 08:28 AM
    Here is what I'm noticing....

There have been a number of posts from certain CB badgers who have gone elsewhere. Yesterday one of them actually contacted me via PM to discuss a point. I'm thinking that this is a concerted effort to cause disruption, orchestrated by those who claim to want nothing to do with anything to with CB, calling it a "cesspool of mediocrity."

My theory may seem far fetched, but the hatred towards CB, Matt, and those of us who are not BB cultists is so intense that I don't feel it is outside the realm of possibility. They actively sought out people from CB. They called Kevin's shirt idea a douc*e move, and they are obsessed with making their site the first call out on google searches.

What clenched my suspicion is the sudden appearance of "troll.police" today. I remember when I did visit that site reading about some of them making new accounts to post here. I *read* that.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    09-27-12 08:34 AM
    I'm over it. Never mind.
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 09-27-12 at 02:00 PM.
    09-27-12 08:46 AM
    I was contacted yesterday. Presumably to offer information regarding my 78/80 million subscribers question.
    I find it interesting that there has also been several posts from certain members of that group. I don't believe it's a coincidence. They want people at CB to burn out here and go there. It's a stated fact. They have actively recruited. I believe they are stepping up their efforts. Or they are simply bored. Evidence how they stole this thread and have a sad imitation there.
    And no, I don't visit. I did when the whole incident occurred, but that site is an embarrassment.
    Has been since the exodus of the banned and their sycophants.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    09-27-12 08:59 AM
    I'm over it. Never mind.
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 09-27-12 at 02:00 PM.
    09-27-12 09:19 AM
    And just WHERE do YOU think YOU'RE going!?!??!?!
    Nowhere voluntarily, I assure you.
    I was a wee bit concerned I might be receiving a one-way ticket to the time-out room due to a response to a new suspect. But I still live and breath and walk among you, the dwindling remaining faithful.
    09-27-12 09:30 AM
    When some people were banned/left on their own accord, I could sympathize with them. All they wanted was a place to discuss BB with a positive spin and not be shot down with negativity. I got that. I went there and participated for a little bit. Until I discovered that I wasn't wanted there and really saw all the crap they were doing to try to copy CB while still bashing it at every opportunity. So they recruit people from here because they're tired of the CB mentality...but yet they want to pick and choose their members, and then want to emulate CB as much as they can while still talking crap about it. Can someone please help me understand??
    1. Misery loves company.
    2. They weren't hugged enough as children.
    3. They really need to get laid.
    4. All of the above.

Which do you think is the correct answer?
    09-27-12 09:34 AM
    I post over there in discussions related to BlackBerry far more than here as of late. I dont really do any of the social stuff (the count up thread etc) because I get that here. Since the community is smaller its much easier to have discussions that dont include all the usual BS (or at least significantly less of it). Again, I dont do the other random threads so that all may be located there.
    09-27-12 09:35 AM
    Aside from the initial days, I don't go there. But I see their handiwork here often enough.
    And I'm REALLY curious as to who troll.police is/was.
    louzer, Engire, wu-wei and 3 others like this.
    09-27-12 09:40 AM
    I post over there in discussions related to BlackBerry far more than here as of late. I dont really do any of the social stuff (the count up thread etc) because I get that here. Since the community is smaller its much easier to have discussions that dont include all the usual BS (or at least significantly less of it). Again, I dont do the other random threads so that all may be located there.
    It would really help if some people that post over there wouldn't come here to derail threads and post misinformation .
    09-27-12 09:53 AM
    It would really help if some people that post over there wouldn't come here to derail threads and post misinformation .
    I havent seen that (though I am not saying it doesnt happen) but again I dont venture into the forums here much. The Playbook forum is as bad as the Storm forum was, and dont even try news/rumors or general. So take what I say with a grain of salt and the realization that it is very limited exposure.
    09-27-12 09:56 AM
    I havent seen that (though I am not saying it doesnt happen) but again I dont venture into the forums here much. The Playbook forum is as bad as the Storm forum was, and dont even try news/rumors or general. So take what I say with a grain of salt and the realization that it is very limited exposure.
    Ah, yeah it primarily goes on in general and news. And yeah the PB forum is indeed a mess, and I feel bad for anyone who ventures on there with a genuine question or concern about their device!!
    09-27-12 09:59 AM
    Cross-posted, but I don't care.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFkzRNyygfk[/YT]
    09-27-12 10:06 AM
    actually the threads themselves are not the issue, it is the idiots in the threads that are just too tiring to deal with. There are the same 20-30 people causing most of the issues, over and over again. Ignorance is a lot easier to deal with that sheer stupidity.
    I'm sure we'll see posters attempting their best Bloomberg or Motley Fool columnist impressions starting tonight.

Add stock talk to the overly recycled threads.
    09-27-12 10:10 AM
    1. Misery loves company.
    2. They weren't hugged enough as children.
    3. They really need to get laid.
    4. All of the above.

Which do you think is the correct answer?
    I vote for #4.
    09-27-12 10:15 AM
    Cross-posted, but I don't care.

dangnabbitted restricted pc.....can't see....
    bungaboy, Engire, wu-wei and 3 others like this.
    09-27-12 10:17 AM
    09-27-12 10:20 AM
    We've made it to page 500!!!!!
    09-27-12 10:21 AM
    We've made it to page 500!!!!!
    Yay!
    09-27-12 10:23 AM
    Ok, that is possible, not likely though...379 posts a day or 16 an hour.

And no, before you ask, I'm not Rainman, used a calculator.
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNqeocVi_hE[/YT]
    09-27-12 10:25 AM
    In any case, re: the idiots in the rest of the forum, i hope it gets under control soon. Last time I got burn out from forums I didnt come back for like a year lol
    This thread came along a just the right time. I was getting sick of 'theoretical' discussions turning into arguments and assaults. Time is the enemy of forums like this.

Onward to 50K!!!!!
    09-27-12 10:30 AM
    dangnabbitted restricted pc.....can't see....
    I'm a creep
    I'm a weirdo
    What the he11 am I doing here
    I don't belong here....
    09-27-12 10:36 AM
    I just get bored with threads as soon as they take the turn down that road.
    09-27-12 10:40 AM
618,099 ... 298299300301302 ...