I can't stand rap and acid metal. Or that whole Marilyn Manson thing. Aside from that, I love music in general.
    No rap you're missing out. I'm willing to listen to everything at least once, however I prefer hip/hip reggae ( all west Indian music) 80's rock anything from Motown records 60-mid 70's, prince, classical, and movie scores/soundtracks. My record/album collection is pretty impressive.

I swam down s**** creek and came up clean, with a new lease on life like Andy Dufresne...
    09-08-12 12:03 PM
    Well I say just stop inviting the mods. Retired mods are okay.
    I like when Michelle posts. Keeps the thread from getting too terribly sausage festy. Btw, what the he|| happened to bbstoof???
    h20work, Engire, middbrew and 5 others like this.
    09-08-12 12:04 PM
    Okay not so country then.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx2u5uUu3DE[/YT]
    09-08-12 12:14 PM
    Okay not so country then.

You could mix the two - a rockin' cowboy

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3JB5UykJdY[/YT]
    Engire, middbrew, louzer and 2 others like this.
    09-08-12 12:41 PM
    Grew up listening to a lot of this. My mom's favorite:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OVtpnpCOKM[/YT]
    Engire, bungaboy, louzer and 3 others like this.
    09-08-12 12:43 PM
    I grew up listening to a lot of my mom. She was an announcer for my hometown NPR affiliate .
    09-08-12 12:52 PM
    I like when Michelle posts. Keeps the thread from getting too terribly sausage festy. Btw, what the he|| happened to bbstoof???
    We got stiffed by the stoof....
    09-08-12 12:55 PM
    I agree, but some folks have rice paper for skin.
    Not to belabor the point but since I am the one who raised the issue.... my primary concern was just keeping us on the right side of the rules. I could not care less about the word itself.

Now back to the debauchery and frivolity
    09-08-12 01:00 PM
    OK so I think that country music has been underrepresented here. This song literally makes me cry; so many good memories. The little snippet about the smell of chicken after church....I can SEE it on the table, on the platter, with so much food you'd think you'd explode....I've continued that as an absolute iron clad tradition.....

You sure you're not a country girl. That is how we do it every Sunday. Best day of the week
    09-08-12 01:05 PM
    Not to belabor the point but since I am the one who raised the issue.... my primary concern was just keeping us on the right side of the rules. I could not care less about the word itself.

Now back to the debauchery and frivolity
    AG, I never meant to say or imply that it was your skin. Sorry if you took it wrong.
    09-08-12 01:33 PM
    Any more country and I'm going to have to break out at least one Epi-Pen

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikSqMG22l0w[/YT]
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 09-08-12 at 01:44 PM.
    drjay868, bungaboy, louzer and 5 others like this.
    09-08-12 01:40 PM
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmTssxaoqTQ[/YT]
    09-08-12 01:52 PM
    Song originally made famous by the great James Brown.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3tj6ZiO2V0[/YT]
    bungaboy, louzer, Engire and 4 others like this.
    09-08-12 02:00 PM
    You sure you're not a country girl. That is how we do it every Sunday. Best day of the week
    I am SO country. Not in the American country western sense except that I like the music. I am accustomed to large cities such as L.A., and Madrid (Washington is NOT a large city) but my heart is in Galway, on a slope running towards the West, with chickens and horses and sheep and border collies.
    Growing up it was Catholic Church (before I turned Episcopalian later) and a noisy huge fried chicken dinner. Even the priest came over.
    Bitt different now, but I brought that tradition. My kids are quite familiar with it. I hope THEY will pass it on.
    No sports, practices, etc on Sundays. Church and food around 2 to 3 or so. No ifs ands or buts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-08-12 02:07 PM
    AG, I never meant to say or imply that it was your skin. Sorry if you took it wrong.
    No worries, I did not take it that way at all.
    09-08-12 02:07 PM
    I am SO country. Not in the American country western sense except that I like the music. I am accustomed to large cities such as L.A., and Madrid (Washington is NOT a large city) but my heart is in Galway, on a slope running towards the West, with chickens and horses and sheep and border collies.
    Growing up it was Catholic Church (before I turned Episcopalian later) and a noisy huge fried chicken dinner. Even the priest came over.
    Bitt different now, but I brought that tradition. My kids are quite familiar with it. I hope THEY will pass it on.
    No sports, practices, etc on Sundays. Church and food around 2 to 3 or so. No ifs ands or buts.
    Sounds pretty much like mine except it was North Carolina and then growing up in Newark.
    Every Sunday was church (Southern Baptist) followed by family dinner. My mom and her sisters (the seven Maes) would spend all day Saturday cooking because LAWD forbid a guest dropped by and boy did they ) and there wasn't enough. My whole family would come over and it was such a great time.

I don't know if you have ever been to a traditional Baptist church but the service can be long. I'm talking pack a lunch long. And that's just the day service
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 09-08-12 at 02:20 PM.
    drjay868, Engire, louzer and 4 others like this.
    09-08-12 02:17 PM
    No rap you're missing out. I'm willing to listen to everything at least once, however I prefer hip/hip reggae ( all west Indian music) 80's rock anything from Motown records 60-mid 70's, prince, classical, and movie scores/soundtracks. My record/album collection is pretty impressive.

I swam down s**** creek and came up clean, with a new lease on life like Andy Dufresne...
    Rap is TOO bass driven for me. It's all I hear! I like guitar and keyboards and a nice bass line, but I don't want bass to be the main thing I hear.
    You mention west Indian....made me think of reggae. My college roommate is Jamaican, Sonia, and she introduced me to ska, rock steady, dance hall....a LOT of island music. Our apartment always had very interesting music playing, the things she taught me, plus Cuban music, plus Irish, plus rock, plus classical....very eclectic.

Damn we had A BLAST.

drjay868, Engire, louzer and 3 others like this.
    09-08-12 02:19 PM
    Sounds pretty much like mine except it was North Carolina and then growing up in Newark.
    Every Sunday was church (Southern Baptist) followed by family dinner. My mom and her sisters (the seven Maes) would spend all day Saturday cooking because LAWD forbid a guest dropped (and boy did they ) by and there wasn't enough. My whole family would come over and it was such a great time.

I don't know if you have ever been to a traditional Baptist church but the service can be long. I'm talking pack a lunch long. And that's just the day service
    I HAVE been to a Baptist service. My neighbour in the desert invited me to her Thanksgiving service one year. Talk about MUSIC!!!!!! Amazing Grace like I'd NEVER heard!!! Gave me goosebumps!!!!!!

09-08-12 02:22 PM
    Have I ever mentioned to y'all that I'm a preacher's kid? I grew up in the church quite literally! My favorite after church snack was leftover communion bread and grape juice .
    09-08-12 02:26 PM
    Have I ever mentioned to y'all that I'm a preacher's kid? I grew up in the church quite literally! My favorite after church snack was leftover communion bread and grape juice .
    Proof that even after 4818 post there is still unknown knowledge and surprises to be discovered. I'm thinking it might take 5000 pages to exhaust the data bases know as our minds and memories.
    09-08-12 02:50 PM
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gKlBGjDbfI[/YT]
    Engire, louzer, wu-wei and 2 others like this.
    09-08-12 02:50 PM
    My new t-shirt:

I liked it for the message, but now love it for the Exclamation Point!
    09-08-12 03:02 PM
    My mom used to hate when my dad called those crackers "Christ-Chex"
    09-08-12 03:07 PM
    My favorite tshirt:

I've had it for years. It was a lot bigger than I thought it would be when I ordered it, and then I lost weight on top of that so I hardly ever wear it. Maybe it's time for a replacement!
    09-08-12 03:19 PM
    This is where I grew up. It's pronounced Ah-Hoe. The church at first is where I was an Alter-boy.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vW6PU1lk4A[/YT]
    09-08-12 03:45 PM
618,114 ... 191192193194195 ...