Unfortunately its going to keep picking up that water from the gulf as well. They are expecting about a foot of rain. (the storm needs to drop that much water in TX to kill off that drought)
    bungaboy, louzer, Engire and 5 others like this.
    08-29-12 07:41 AM
    I only run if I'm being chased, and that's only if I'm not "carrying" or just too lazy to care.

But props to you
    Does that prop turn at 5000 RPM?
    drjay868, louzer, h20work and 6 others like this.
    08-29-12 08:06 AM
    Hard to believe there is any rain left in that storm after the amount we got dumped on us in lauderdale. Hopefully it will continue to lose momentum/intensity before reaching them.
    08-29-12 08:06 AM
    08-29-12 08:09 AM
    Once it hit the gulf again it sucked up a ton more water. Its very slow as Q said, which means it *could* still pick up more.
    08-29-12 08:10 AM
    Authorities say a storm surge driven by Hurricane Isaac is overtopping a levee in a thinly populated part of mostly rural Plaquemines Parish, south of New Orleans.

Parish spokesman Caitlin Campbell said water was running over an 30-kilometre stretch of the levee early Wednesday and some homes had been flooded.
    08-29-12 08:10 AM
    Hate to kill everyone's good time but Isaac seems poised to wreak some havoc on New Orleans. Storm is only a cat 1 but it's moving SLOWLY.
    I worked the Katrina aftermath....this is VERY eerie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Isaac seems to have caused some problems sending storm surges over a small part of the levy, but about 500,000 people are without power from it. Considering what Katrina did, the power outages are certainly an inconvenience, but in the relative scheme of things, if that's all that happens, then it would be OK. My fingers are crossed that all of the levy work done since Katrina is effective.
    08-29-12 09:48 AM
    We've now passed the 10,000 'likes' mark which now makes this thread a double-5000er in the Like department.

We're also at 3857 posts which means the 5000 mark is clearly in sight with only 1143 to go! Keep on movin'!
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUyTZlJnRns[/YT]
    08-29-12 09:58 AM
    Hate to kill everyone's good time but Isaac seems poised to wreak some havoc on New Orleans. Storm is only a cat 1 but it's moving SLOWLY.
    I worked the Katrina aftermath....this is VERY eerie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've been watching. The fact that it's practically the same day Katrina made landfall is creepy. Isaac may not be as strong but if it stalls over NOLA like they are saying, I'm worried. Specifically because the levees got upgrades but the pumping stations haven't. It's good that so many people left NOLA this time though.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    bungaboy, louzer, Engire and 3 others like this.
    08-29-12 10:03 AM
    I don't know much about penguins other than "penguin encounter" at seaworld but my from my limited research, I've found that some prefer innies to outies
    Well, yeah. But you never know, you may catch them in an experimental stage.
    08-29-12 10:22 AM
    Current radar has a huge band coming up from the south driving water into the city. And it's still painfully slow.

National Guard is rescuing people.

People on rooftops.

12 to 20 inches of rain, which is expected, will be very bad.

Northern Plaquemines county has been hit worse than Katrina. Bernard parish is getting flooded. The French Quarter is OK.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 08-29-12 at 11:02 AM.
    08-29-12 10:45 AM
    The number of times I've thought this a pointless thread?
    Pointless? Yes. But look at what this thread has amassed in a little less then 6 weeks. 3860 posts!

the "Likes" count is OVER 9000!

cue the obligatory image references....
    08-29-12 11:45 AM
    Here is a good source for realtime updates of Isaac from people that are there: Isaac: Live Updates and Analysis - weather.com

And:

Well, yeah. But you never know, you may catch them in an experimental stage.
    This made me snicker .
    08-29-12 11:47 AM
    Here is a good source for realtime updates of Isaac from people that are there: Isaac: Live Updates and Analysis - weather.com

And:

This made me snicker .
    Because you have or have not experimented (or thought about it)? haha
    08-29-12 11:50 AM
    Current radar has a huge band coming up from the south driving water into the city. And it's still painfully slow.

People on rooftops.

Northern Plaquemines county has been hit worse than Katrina. Bernard parish is getting flooded. The French Quarter is OK.
    People need to get out of the way of these storms. Unfortunately many have no where to go to escape the path. This is the major downside to civilization still clinging to water ways/oceans. There have been storm models done that would show the damage to NYC if it were hit with a Katrina type hurricane and the damage was astronomical.
    08-29-12 11:52 AM

People on rooftops.

Praying that the infrastructure will hold. It is only too cruel to have all the painfully slow restoration efforts wiped out again.

While I also hope current governments on all levels work better then they did during Katrina. But at the same time I'm sceptical as partisan politics seem to be the M.O. these days.
    08-29-12 11:53 AM
    Because you have or have not experimented (or thought about it)? haha
    Minimal experimentation when I was younger. It just reaffirmed that boys are yucky :P.
    louzer, h20work, Engire and 5 others like this.
    08-29-12 12:29 PM
    People need to get out of the way of these storms. Unfortunately many have no where to go to escape the path. This is the major downside to civilization still clinging to water ways/oceans. There have been storm models done that would show the damage to NYC if it were hit with a Katrina type hurricane and the damage was astronomical.
    I've seen those models and it is indeed so scary.
    louzer, bungaboy, Engire and 5 others like this.
    08-29-12 12:30 PM
    Minimal experimentation when I was younger. It just reaffirmed that boys are yucky :P.
    LOL
    I feel like this is headed to a conversation we have already had
    08-29-12 12:31 PM
    Not all of us. Some of us are just plain, innocent perverts.

Hey hey hey hey, it was the DNA, hey hey hey hey, that made me this way...
    Last edited by sleepngbear; 08-29-12 at 12:50 PM.
    08-29-12 12:48 PM
    LOL
    I feel like this is headed to a conversation we have already had
    I was totally having de'ja'vu'!
    08-29-12 12:48 PM
    I completely agree although my conclusion was drawn without the experimentation (not that there's anything wrong with it).
    08-29-12 12:59 PM
    Man, go away for a day and the catching up is brutal Hi y'all
    08-29-12 01:45 PM
    Man, go away for a day and the catching up is brutal Hi y'all
    That's how I felt after my vacation! I was lurking when I could, but missed out on some posts.
    08-29-12 01:53 PM
    we get many many posts per day in here, and if you miss a day (or a weekend) its 4-5 pages minimum to make up! lol
    08-29-12 01:57 PM
618,099 ... 153154155156157 ...