Yeah, but then they added all those traffic circles!
    Do you know the origin of those circles?
    They were actually a test by the U.S. military. If you've ever been on the county Highways in New Jersey you know what I'm talking about.
    They got a group of people together and a few cases of liquor. At just the right time, they pointed out the heavy machinery to the people and said: "Let's see you make a straight line from here to there.
    They ended up with the "JugHandle." To make a left turn, you have to get in the right lane, go around this handle to make that left turn. I believe it was the military's purpose to win the war with stupidity.
    The circles were actually the idea of one of the liquored up people due to how everything seemed to be spinning around.
    A decade later (or a few) the military tried, once again to use the American people as test subjects.
    This time in San Francisco to see how Lysergic acid diethylamide might be used against the enemy.
    Once again they failed miserably.
    And now, due to a virus created by our government to be used in today's age of cyberwarfare, they decided that it was too
    destructive but instead of destroying it as instructed, the NSA hid it away where no one could possibly ever , no chance in this lifetime never get to it. Until it was hacked a few weeks ago and named the WannaCry worm virus. The most destructive virus to hit the internet.
    Humans.... Was it an accident or were they created on purpose????

OK.. The circles were not created that way. Someone created the circles as a goof. I mean, watching drivers try to maneuver through them is a blast when your stoned.
    05-19-17 11:10 PM
    I grew up and learned to drive in NJ. The part about jug handles and having to turn right to go left is all true! Clover leafs!

They were actually a test by the U.S. military. If you've ever been on the county Highways in New Jersey you know what I'm talking about.
    They got a group of people together and a few cases of liquor. At just the right time, they pointed out the heavy machinery to the people and said: "Let's see you make a straight line from here to there.
    They ended up with the "JugHandle." To make a left turn, you have to get in the right lane, go around this handle to make that left turn. I believe it was the military's purpose to win the war with stupidity.
    The circles were actually the idea of one of the liquored up people due to how everything seemed to be spinning around.
    A decade later (or a few) the military tried, once again to use the American people as test subjects.
    This time in San Francisco to see how Lysergic acid diethylamide might be used against the enemy.
    And now, due to a virus created by our government to be used in today's age of cyberwarfare, they decided that it was too
    destructive but instead of destroying it as instructed, the NSA hid it away where no one could possibly ever , no chance in this lifetime never get to it. Until it was hacked a few weeks ago and named the WannaCry worm virus. The most destructive virus to hit the internet.

OK.. The circles were not created that way. Someone created the circles as a goof. I mean, watching drivers try to maneuver through them is a blast when your stoned.
    anon(3732391) and kbz1960 like this.
    05-19-17 11:23 PM
    I had over 6,000 CD's and a stack of Sony 400 CD carousel players, when I was turned on to the Sonos wireless music system.
    I actually had to make a job of transferring each CD onto a network storage unit. I've given most of the CD's away but have over 11,000 CD's worth of music on a 4TB Seagate unit.
    There's a company that's bringing back vinyl records.
    There are kids right here, right now that have never seen a turntable, that don't know who the Beatles are, that can't comprehend the idea of what a telephone answering machine was.
    Ohhhh.. Don't get me started!!!
    This totally reminds me about the cassette tape answering machine I had! I need to get a used one, then put it back to use again. Right now I have a digital one, but if I get sick of it, I'm going failsafe again.

I also have two record players, fisherprice and a direct drive from the 80's, but the motor is screwed and the RPM's are totally off. The two cassette tape Walkmans I got with AM/FM tuners both work, I even got a few CD players on hand, and two boomboxes from the 80's. Don't get me started on the 1960's RCA television, which has a subwoofer inside it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-19-17 11:25 PM
    The 60's was a 13 inch (with rabbit ears) with 12 channels. We had a console and the remote had a real L O N G cord on it.
    These things always remind me of "Austin Powers" (Mike Meyers) "Groovy Man" when he goes into the future and he put a CD on the turntable!!
    I still have hundreds of cassettes. My first Telephone answering machine was a "Record A Call" in 1970, had two cassettes and was about $350.00.
    My first cell-phone in my car was when they still had a cord on it, with the little antenna on the back window. 98 cents a minute airtime for both parties. And Howard Stern Had just taken over the airwaves on WABC in New York. And Karaoke took over for hiring bands.

The way I see, The east coast was Cadillac, the west coast was Mercedes.
    The east coast was motor boats, the west coast was sail boats.
    The east coast everyone was in a hurry, the west coast people are laid back.
    Everything starts on the east coast, and they finally get it right by the time it reaches the west coast.

The only thing(after growing up in Jersey) good that I remember is that was a great place to move from.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-20-17 01:19 AM
    The 60's was a 13 inch (with rabbit ears) with 12 channels. We had a console and the remote had a real L O N G cord on it.
    These things always remind me of "Austin Powers" (Mike Meyers) "Groovy Man" when he goes into the future and he put a CD on the turntable!!
    I still have hundreds of cassettes. My first Telephone answering machine was a "Record A Call" in 1970, had two cassettes and was about $350.00.
    My first cell-phone in my car was when they still had a cord on it, with the little antenna on the back window. 98 cents a minute airtime for both parties. And Howard Stern Had just taken over the airwaves on WABC in New York. And Karaoke took over for hiring bands.

The way I see, The east coast was Cadillac, the west coast was Mercedes.
    The east coast was motor boats, the west coast was sail boats.
    The east coast everyone was in a hurry, the west coast people are laid back.
    Everything starts on the east coast, and they finally get it right by the time it reaches the west coast.

The only thing(after growing up in Jersey) good that I remember is that was a great place to move from.
    Bring born in '85 in canada, there was much the same thing. I owned an IBM model Z series, at age 10 in the 90's. It could run Windows 3.5 (95) at the time. I had a tube tv until 25 years later, then another once it refused to turn on. A big one, 70 cm diagonal (I measure in metric), it lasted until coloured lines appeared on the top, then the brightness went out of whack.

But now, in my 30's, I acquired a few vintage clock radios, sadly without cassette tapes. One is 100% analog, the other is half digital, using a fluorescent display, ironically the same the microwave oven I found curb side has, which is easily messed with using strong magnets.

The clock radio needed physical cleaning, now it's like-new. If I was home, I could include photos of it. What a beauty it is.
    anon(3732391) and kbz1960 like this.
    05-20-17 01:57 AM

All TRUE, in fact I'd argue the Best Wings in the US are at the Jug Handle Inn in NJ just after crossing the Tacony Bridge from PA...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-20-17 06:51 AM
    Quick thank you for the messages about Rosco...I'm obviously devastated. This all happened very quickly. I live alone, and last night and this morning I've felt probably the most alone I've been in my life. It's odd feeling just knowing he isn't here. I'm sure I'll be fine. I still think about my Jack Russell Buddy who passed a little 10 years ago. In a few weeks, maybe months, I will get another dog. Certainly not to replace Rosco, but as that isn't possible, but just because I've always had a dog. There will be criteria with typing speed right at the top of the list.
    jaydee5799 and kbz1960 like this.
    05-20-17 06:56 AM
    Unfortunately Rosco is now in Doggie Heaven. He needed to be euthanized. Was suffering and wouldn't have made it through the night.
    So sorry to hear
    05-20-17 07:18 AM
    Hey look what I found collecting dust.
    That bench is just too much on my back.
    Jackd where the babysitter???
    Attachment 423566
    I haven't seen her in a couple of years
    05-20-17 07:19 AM
    Don't show in tapatalk. Just links that go to the main page.
    Damn Verizon!
    05-20-17 07:19 AM
    Yeah really! I was gonna say.... how would he know!!
    My pup was a child, then learned to go outside and became responsible. She cooked one night , I ate KalKan the next night, then she cooked...
    We'd go for happy hour at pets R Us......
    Ya know, mix it up.
    While we are mixing it up, Can I have it on the rocks ?
    05-20-17 07:20 AM
    Soooo... What IS the life span of a muppet????

Anyone.... ANYONE?????
    Inquiring half minds want to know
    05-20-17 07:22 AM

I have this vision of people on acid negotiating traffic circles while their NSA infected GPS's scream "you just hit a squirrel, man!"
    05-20-17 07:50 AM
    I had over 6,000 CD's and a stack of Sony 400 CD carousel players, when I was turned on to the Sonos wireless music system.
    I actually had to make a job of transferring each CD onto a network storage unit. I've given most of the CD's away but have over 11,000 CD's worth of music on a 4TB Seagate unit.
    There are kids right here, right now that have never seen a turntable, that don't know who the Beatles are, that can't comprehend the idea of what a telephone answering machine was.
    A little while ago, I found a VOIP box that works with rotary phones. My nieces and nephews all had to have their turn "dialing" for the first time ...
    05-20-17 07:53 AM
    Unfortunately Rosco is now in Doggie Heaven. He needed to be euthanized. Was suffering and wouldn't have made it through the night.
    i'm so sorry about Roscoe! He is not suffering anymore....such a hard choice.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-20-17 08:26 AM

this is as great an explanation as any!
    kbz1960 and anon(3732391) like this.
    05-20-17 08:27 AM
    Quick thank you for the messages about Rosco...I'm obviously devastated. This all happened very quickly. I live alone, and last night and this morning I've felt probably the most alone I've been in my life. It's odd feeling just knowing he isn't here. I'm sure I'll be fine. I still think about my Jack Russell Buddy who passed a little 10 years ago. In a few weeks, maybe months, I will get another dog. Certainly not to replace Rosco, but as that isn't possible, but just because I've always had a dog. There will be criteria with typing speed right at the top of the list.
    So sorry about Roscoe!
    You will enjoy another dog too....you will love the companionship he/she will bring! Roscoe was a good poster. Those are big paws to fill!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-20-17 08:28 AM
    i remember your setup. was genius!
    I don't know exactly what to do with mine....maybe digitize them and then give the cds away as well. I could keep all the music on my external hdd or my NAS
    kbz1960 and anon(3732391) like this.
    05-20-17 08:30 AM
    I know how you feel. Big hugs. You won't find one faster than Baron lol
    jaydee5799 and anon(3732391) like this.
    05-20-17 09:42 AM
    Damn Verizon!
    Damn your whatever your using.
    05-20-17 09:42 AM
    I have this vision of people on acid negotiating traffic circles while their NSA infected GPS's scream "you just hit a squirrel, man!"
    Squirrel
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    05-20-17 09:44 AM
    Old alien get off my space lawn rant.
    05-20-17 10:15 AM
    Old alien get off my space lawn rant.
    Jane. Get me off this crazy thing
    05-20-17 12:50 PM
    Was showing Homes this morning in Waterloo, so I made a pit stop
    jafobabe, jaydee5799 and kbz1960 like this.
    05-20-17 03:44 PM
    nice sunny day! got a lot of things done outside
    Carjackd likes this.
    05-20-17 05:05 PM
618,099 ... 2195321954219552195621957 ...