I get the idea that race is more of an issue in the US than Canada. In fact a couple black friends from the USA tell me this.

So come on up here, plenty of beer and bacon for everyone!
    and we can tee pee the RIM fortress...
    08-21-09 07:01 PM
    and we can tee pee the RIM fortress...
    Hey, as long as there's beer and bacon I'm in.
    08-21-09 07:04 PM
    I grew up and live in Cincinnati ohio. Grew up in a mainly Black American neighborhood. I got pulled over for something as stupid as "not doing the speed limit", I was driving a 1994 Buick Road master. The cop pulled me over gave me the run around about "looking for drugs, and the dangers of it"!?! I've never done drugs in my life. . . Odd. . . Why did I have to wait 10 minuets or more to have some one check me out at the local grocery store? Want me to go on - - - because I can. Let me tell you this first hand - my aunt and her family is from Pureto Rico, my soon to be brother in law is from ElSalvador. EVERY week for three years I went back to the inner city and picked up kids that wanted to go to chruch and their parents didn't want to take them - Whites, blacks, hispanic, it didn't matter. I went to a soup kitchen in Over The Rhine, Cincinnati, ohio the most dangerous neighborhood in the nation. I work for a Import only auto parts store - I deal with Black Americans, African Americans, Russian Americans, British Americans, Asain Americans every skin tone and back ground walks through my door ...Why do I mention that, I'm sure your thinking that by now. In my book everyone on the same playing field, why because that is how I want to be treated. And you need to treat people like you want to be treated . . . And with Obama being voted into the seat its pretty obvious that color of skin doesn't matter as much as the idea that you carry. As much as I don't personaly like the guy I will admit it was a huge step for equality.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    that's fine. For you. Your point was that it everyone is equal and only ideas and personalltys are different. Grats to you for not being a prejudice person.
    Too bad not everyone is like that.

I need you to explain how personalty and ideas factored into my events.

I agree Obama voted in is a HUGE step. Doesn't change the level of racist crap that happens. I mean...the Obama monkey dolls, The lynching of an effigy of him.

The list goes on.
    08-21-09 07:10 PM
    that's fine. For you. Your point was that it everyone is equal and only ideas and personalltys are different. Grats to you for not being a prejudice person.
    Too bad not everyone is like that.

I need you to explain how personalty and ideas factored into my events.

I agree Obama voted in is a HUGE step. Doesn't change the level of racist crap that happens. I mean...the Obama monkey dolls, The lynching of an effigy of him.

The list goes on.
    That happens to many people though, no matter their race. It just so happens this time they have someone black to hit on and those particular sentiments are very raw ans emotional in most people.

But calling Bush a dumbass or worse is really just par for the course. We can't say much about him racially as it hasn't got the huge impact it does for Obama. I mean, a cracker isa cracker, but who really reacts to that anyways?
    08-21-09 07:15 PM
    wtf did you just call me????

08-21-09 07:17 PM
    Ha! Good one.

First time I ever used the word cracker my workmate nearly fell out of his chair. He's a black guy from Huston and fondly remembers his grandmother using that word all the time.

From my perspective it was funny too, we never hear that in my area.
    08-21-09 07:21 PM
    my friend calls everyone cracker, instead of saying like "foo" or "sucka" or whatever you'd say to talk smack to a friend...it's hilarious when put in proper context, then again, where i'm from, we have an "anything goes, or nothing goes" policy...
    08-21-09 07:23 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD