Was anyone else appalled at the verdict today?
    07-05-11 07:13 PM
    I was. I wasn't watching the trial, but based on what I was hearing I thought the jury would have found her guilty.
    07-05-11 08:09 PM
    No, its what you should've expected. And the more you pay attention to it, the worse it'll be for you and the better for them.

There's a rather simple expression to learn, live, and preach: "S*** Happens"
    07-05-11 08:40 PM
    No. I'm all for finding people guilty, but I agree with ol' Ben Franklin that it's better to let 100 guilty men go free than imprison one innocent. The state didn't make their case, so she goes free.
    Anyways, I believe in a second, omniscient tribunal that isn't vexed by evidentiary problems.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-05-11 11:42 PM
    Appleluver23 likes this.
    07-06-11 02:43 AM
    No. I'm all for finding people guilty, but I agree with ol' Ben Franklin that it's better to let 100 guilty men go free than imprison one innocent. The state didn't make their case, so she goes free.
    Anyways, I believe in a second, omniscient tribunal that isn't vexed by evidentiary problems.
    Agreed... further, she will now be back in public, with maybe not so many adoring fans. It would suck to be her.
    07-06-11 06:39 AM
    yesterday was a perfect example that Justice is not only blind but deaf and dumb too!
    Appleluver23 likes this.
    07-06-11 08:03 AM
    30 years ago this would have been a slam dunk on the circumstantial evidence alone. Now thanks to DNA, fibers, duct tape glue match and all the other CSI type evidence we see on TV, it's harder to prove a circumstantial case. There was no confession, no eyewitness, no cause of death. All the prosecution could prove was she's a bad mother.
    07-06-11 08:09 AM
    30 years ago quite a few people were given the death penalty that have since been acquired by all that modern "CSI type evidence we see on TV."
    The death penalty has, as it should, a very high burden of proof. If the State hadn't tried to play such a high stakes game they probably would've won.
    07-07-11 04:51 PM
    Who's Casey Anthony?
    07-07-11 05:14 PM
    I wonder if OJ will help Casey Anthony find the real killer?
    07-08-11 08:40 AM
    I wonder if OJ will help Casey Anthony find the real killer?
    If he can get those steeeenking gloves on I bet he would. Maybe he could get Dog the Bounty Hunter to come along.
    07-08-11 11:42 AM
    If they woulde have tried her on a lesser charge, she wouldn't be getting out of jail for a couple more years.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Appleluver23 likes this.
    07-11-11 07:08 PM
    Yep. The system worked. The prosecution went all in, but in the eyes of the jury, the defense had a better hand. If the prosecution would have tried for even a life sentence vs a death penalty case, they probably could have gotten the conviction, but instead she probably walks with time served and probation.
    07-11-11 08:48 PM
    Whatever happened to circumstantial evidence? If it walks, talks and quacks like a duck...

Everyone "knows" she did it, but the political correctness run amuck prevents clear thinkers from speaking out loud. The jury foreman said "We just don't know how Caylee died". Well, she's dead, and not by natural causes. The duct tape waas from the roll in the Anthony's garage. The decomposed hair in the trunk, Momma lied to cover up, the smell, the chloroform... There are capitol murder cases tried and convicted some times even without a body.
    Appleluver23 likes this.
    07-12-11 08:53 AM
    That's the point tho, no one "knows" she did it. I agree with most people that suspect she did it, but that's not enough to kill someone on.
    We don't know all the facts guys. Someone get online in the florida court system and get the full case, i think it's public record and can be purchased.

07-12-11 10:44 AM
    I think her dad did it.
    07-12-11 10:59 AM
    If she did do it, karmas going to catch up to her.

Appleluver23 likes this.
    07-12-11 03:03 PM
    07-16-11 08:01 PM
    If you can believe the idea that the little girl died in the pool and instead of simply reporting it for fear of prosecution and discovery of his (unproven) sexual abuse of his daughter, the grandfather took her body and disposed of it, but prepared the body in such a way as to implicate his daughter as a killer, then yes, I guess tbere was "reasonable doubt"...
    07-16-11 08:57 PM
    I saw a site the other day with a lot of good pics of Casey but I cant find it now.
    07-16-11 09:20 PM
    she'll probably be getting released in a little over half an hour.......
    07-16-11 10:29 PM
    I think her dad did it.
    nahhh....the grandparents are only guilty of loving their daughter (casey). here's how i think it went down:

casey and her mom have an arguement & casey leaves taking caylee with her. now casey doesn't have a babysitter for when she wants to go out at night or for when she goes to her boyfriends house who has told her not to bring caylee with her when she does come by. so casey mixes up some homemade chloroform and knocks out caylee and leaves her in the car (or trunk more specifically) and even duct tapes her mouth in case caylee wakes up and starts crying (why would anyone put duct tape on a dead body?). before casey can either return from the night clubs or come get her in the morning the child suffocates in the car. casey puts the body in a trash bag & keeps it in her trunk for a few days before attempting to bury her in the backyard of her parents home (that explains the multiple hits the cadaver dogs alert to in the yard) but she settles on the wooded area down the street where she and other neighborhood kids have been known to bury pets.

the parents are retired police (george) and a nurse (cindy) and know that their daughter is responsible but are and have been just trying to protect casey from the death penalty. as much as i love my wife, if she were to do any harm to my son i have no problem throwing her under the bus!

where is the justice for caylee??? she didn't have anyone there to protect her when she woke up alone and terrified in that dark, hot trunk in june in florida, probably trying to call for her "mommy" or her grandparents........
    07-16-11 10:58 PM
    The fact that you guys are disagreeing about it here means there's reasonable doubt...
    Is there reasonable doubt that her negligence caused a death? None whatsoever imo. Which is why she would've been convicted if the state hadn't gone for murder 1 (again, imo). So really, the one to blame for the release is the DA.
    That being said, I won't feel bad at all if someone beats the crap out of her.

07-16-11 11:06 PM
    oh i agree that the mistake was the da being over zealous on the murder 1 charge....life in prison would have done better...keeping that narcissistic hoe in jail for life woild have been the best justice.
    Appleluver23 likes this.
    07-16-11 11:31 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD