Anyone here like cars?

I'm 15, and I have my permit. I'm getting an Infiniti G 35 sedan for my first car
    11-19-08 06:16 PM
    wow, how many jobs are you working to get that?

btw, yes, i do love cars.
    11-19-08 06:20 PM
    Here ya go:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f51/tun...-lovers-92224/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 06:21 PM
    so you like tuner cars? thats cool.

and my parents are getting me the car as my first car( it will probably be a few months old or something, probably not brand new).

And what are some of your favorite cars lea?

I love my dads Mercedes CLS 500. I just started driving(with my permit) and its sooo fun to drive, and a nice drive too!
    11-19-08 06:26 PM
    you are lucky, SaMaster.. my first car was a 1989 Volkswagen Cabriolet <3 loooved it

i'm a truck kind of girl, i drive a 2007 Chevy Silverado crew cab.
    11-19-08 06:51 PM
    those are pretty cool! My mom likes SUVs and truckes.
    She has a Mercedes GL 450 SUV. Its pretty nice.

And i know i'm lucky, lol, i never take it for granted though.
    11-19-08 06:53 PM
    Sweet pretty lucky to get a g35 as a first car hah I've always like the coupe
    But ya I use to be real into cars but now not as much I guess

11-20-08 01:07 PM
    thats' a pretty nice car to start off with... my first car was a 1990 eagle talon tsi that didnt' get out of the back yard because I blew the engine up trying to put more boost out of the turbo... hahahahah
    11-20-08 01:20 PM
    Lets take bets on how long until he totals it...
    11-20-08 02:14 PM
    I don't think i'm gonna total it...
    11-20-08 06:34 PM
    5 bucks he totals it tryin to show off to the ladies on Cali, by accidently revving a lil too much around a corner and "drifts" into a curb.
    11-20-08 06:49 PM
    hahaha. actually, a G35 wouldn't really impress many people where I live. The car I'm getting is actually not that nice compared to some of my friends cars. One of my friends has a $110,000 Range Rover and another has a tricked out BMW 335i coupe and an Audi.

Plus, I have brother in laws with ferraris and bentleys and stuff, and my parents have mercedes. I'm not gonna be so stupid as to try and show off my car. I mean, it is a nice car and i'll probably rev it a bit, but never do something so stupid as what you said
    11-20-08 06:56 PM
    My first car was a 1989 ford tempo

11-20-08 06:59 PM
    OH and i wanted a G35 as well for a while but, after working on Lexus/toyotas for the past 5 years........infiniti aint got nothing on a fully loaded LS460L or a GS460hybrid, pshhhhhhhhhh dont even need to mention the IS-F. working on toyotas makes me value cars alot more, especially seeing customers completely destroy 70k Land Cruisers/LX570.....it makes me sick to my stomach thats half the cost of my house.
    11-20-08 06:59 PM
    cool.... I like the IS-F, but for a first car its unreasonable, I don't need a super fast car.

and i think my brother in laws Ford GT with over 800 horsepower would kill an IS-F, and my other brother in laws Ferrari 575 V12 Maranello would as well! I like lexus, but for a first car, I'm not gonna go out and buy their "Top of the line" My parents have top of the line cars and such, but that is because they make the money and can afford it for themselves. they are starting me off at the lower end of the luxury vehicles.
    11-20-08 07:03 PM
    If you Build it your self you respect it more.

Us Mini Truckers believe real rides are built not bought.

Trick it yourself and you learn more and respect the car more. If you are given an expensive toy and never turn a wrench then chances are, first car.....You probably will total it. I've totaled 2 blown up 6 engines, and built 2 low riders...I'm workin on project #3.
    11-20-08 07:07 PM
    I probably will play with it myself. I"m just getting the car from my parents. from there on, I'm going to play around with it myself, like however i trick it out, i'm gonna give it to a place to do it for me.

And i'm not enough of a car lover to build a car for myself, plus i don't have time, with school and all.
    11-20-08 07:10 PM
    cool.... I like the IS-F, but for a first car its unreasonable, I don't need a super fast car.

and i think my brother in laws Ford GT with over 800 horsepower would kill an IS-F, and my other brother in laws Ferrari 575 V12 Maranello would as well! I like lexus, but for a first car, I'm not gonna go out and buy their "Top of the line" My parents have top of the line cars and such, but that is because they make the money and can afford it for themselves. they are starting me off at the lower end of the luxury vehicles.
    Erm...what did your brother-in-law do to the GT to get 800+ ponies? I can only dream of getting one...it'd match my die-cast and the poster Coletti signed. At least I got a few laps in one (the real benefit was to Big Brothers and Sisters for that)

No matter what you get, I seriously recommend going to a driving school to see what the limits are on your first car. It's a wake-up call in seeing how badly you drive everyday, and it can save your bacon.
    11-22-08 01:49 PM
    Nothing compares to a good old classic British car. Especially the Mini

11-22-08 02:14 PM
    The G35's are nice, especially for a first car. I had a 88 subaru for my first car lol.
    11-22-08 02:49 PM
    Erm...what did your brother-in-law do to the GT to get 800+ ponies? I can only dream of getting one...it'd match my die-cast and the poster Coletti signed. At least I got a few laps in one (the real benefit was to Big Brothers and Sisters for that)

No matter what you get, I seriously recommend going to a driving school to see what the limits are on your first car. It's a wake-up call in seeing how badly you drive everyday, and it can save your bacon.
    I'm not sure exactly what he did, I just now he took it somewhere and they tricked it out for him and gave the engine extra horsepower, which now has over 800. Its really fast!

And I'm actually taking driving school now. I'm driving with my parents, and i'm also doing about 10 hours with a driving teacher(i have one 2-hour lesson under my belt, and i'm actually taking another one in about 15 minutes). Plus, I did that 35 hour course, before testing for my permit.
    11-22-08 04:02 PM
    I got my first car in the early '90s. And it was a '79 'vette. And by 'vette, I mean a "chevette".
    My friend's dad was going to have it towed to a junk yard, and offered to sell me the battery. I offered to take the car and he did. So technically, I got a free car with the purchase of an used battery.

(Oh yeah it was a real POS).
    11-24-08 06:10 PM
    G35 for your first car? Dang lucky kid. Im 18 and bought my first car before I was 15 for $3000 and work on it with my moms boyfriend when it needs to be fixed. That was a 01 f150 now I have a 95 neon with crappy paint haha.

11-24-08 06:45 PM
    Man, these spoiled kids nowadays... My first car was a 1983 Chrysler New Yorker... But I started driving in 1992.

My step-daughter got a brand new Grand Prix on her 16th birthday from her dad. She came by to show me, I smelled something funny and asked her why she was driving it so hard. Told her it smelled like she was racing it. She denied it. Shortly thereafter, the cops were here looking for her.

Stupid kids...
    11-24-08 09:01 PM
    I'm not gonna race my car...

I leave that to my brother in laws and their ferrari's and ford gts and stuff... lol
    11-24-08 10:23 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD