01-07-09 05:05 PM
59 123
tools
    My Car needs a filter for its air Now?

Oh WoW-

Just the other day I found out my Coolant was low and I didn't care since it was winter and I don't use my air conditioner!

When I took it to get service the Technician scolded me, I still have no clue why!?

I Wish I knew as much about my Car as my BB!

go to a local Parts house I think a cold air kit runs about 300 to 500. You can also get a K&N filter to replace the stock one that is cleanable and just goes in the factory filter box for around 50 to 75. These save money in the long run a 10 dollar kit to clean and recharge them mine has cleaned mine and my dad's about 6 times each and still going. my dad and I both got the cold air kits in our trucks so IDK how much improvement the regular K&N gives you.
    The coolant getting low is bad any time of year. think of it this way the coolant keeps a turned off car from freezing and busting the block and while it runs it keeps it from over heating and locking up. your engine is lots of metal rubbing together at about 1500 to 3000 cycles (that is up and down) per minute. if yoyu rub your hands together real fast they get warm right, well metal on metal gets hotter faster and when it gets too hot it expands, melts, and welds together. That is why the Tech scolded you. Don't worry I got friends with lowriders that can't change their own oil. they bought already built rides.
    12-18-08 01:17 PM
    Can you off road in an escalade?

I've never seen that
    12-18-08 01:17 PM
    I'm a 23 year old consultant and love my Cadillac escalade!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Escalades are sweet I need the emblems off one for my lowrider. I.m puttin 89 caddy tail lights on it so I might as well have caddy emblems as well. LOL
    12-18-08 01:20 PM
    nice thread! Love my 2003 Dodge Ram... all i've really done is put 35" mudders on it, but plan on a lot more...
    12-18-08 01:21 PM
    Can you off road in an escalade?

I've never seen that
    I took my ucles off road once....He never let me borrow it again. I even washed it when I brought it back. I told him what good is a 55thousand dollar truck if you won't take it in the mud? He stated "it is ment to make a statment and it can't make one covered in mud!"
    12-18-08 01:23 PM
    Best we ever got out of it was a 10.02
    That is great is it stock or has it got a cam and all in it?
    12-18-08 01:25 PM
    Very nice Camero Vinnie. Didn't see the point putting up a Cherokee or Ram PU pic, there's only about a million of them running around, haha, but here they are:
    12-18-08 02:21 PM
    Here's a pic of my Wrangler just before I sold it:

And a picture of off roading with my Cherokee - a wide section of the trail:

Same trip, Schofield Pass between Aspen area side and the Crested Butte side:
    12-18-08 02:32 PM

Here's my Jeep. I ain't done nothing to it yet. Needs an exhaust leak fixed and some tune up work. I'll get around to it soon.
    Last edited by luvitlo; 12-18-08 at 02:47 PM.
    12-18-08 02:42 PM
    My car got molested by a bedframe last night.
    12-18-08 02:43 PM
    OK you gotta tell the story. What happened?
    12-18-08 02:49 PM
    What a nightmare! safely parked in a garage!
    12-18-08 04:07 PM
    OK you gotta tell the story. What happened?
    Pictures tell the aftermath of the story. The abridged version of the story....guy (not me) walks in through the garage carrying a metal bedframe; guy decides to walk 3 inches from my car as opposed to 4' from my car...guy apparently sweats butter and therefore drops frame on my car.

Second picture; right beside the rear-wiper reveals the two dents.

What a nightmare! safely parked in a garage!
    Apparently garages aren't *****-proof.

12-19-08 12:05 AM
    Is he still walkin cause that is cause for a serious bu++ whippin. Never ever ever mess with a mans wheels.

12-19-08 04:24 AM
    Yo everybody I been pimpin my new hat since yesterday. I love cowboy hats and more than those I love Fedoras. I got a few short brim fedoras but I have always wanted the Indiana Jones 1940s version. Well my little brother found an Official Indy hat and bought it for me for Christmas. My wife says the wider brim fits my fat head better than my other fedoras. I just said thanks. If I'm not wearin a fedora or cowboy hat I got several fitted ball caps I wear backwards. Only time I don't wear a hat is going to church. Any other time ya see me, unless I was in a major hurry, I got a hat on.
    So where are all the car addicts. I know people love their cars look at the prices. Most cars cost as much or more than a house.

12-20-08 07:21 PM
    Here is my project, currently building up a high compression LS-Vtec motor. I am the 2nd owner of this car, I have always wanted a 4 door Integra, and I got it for $2000 so I couldn't pass this up. It's a 96 Acura Integra Ls Special Edition.

12-20-08 11:18 PM
    Where are you Five? That is one ugly sky!

12-21-08 12:07 AM
    Where are you Five? That is one ugly sky!

Cincinnati..and yeah the clouds were pretty dark on Friday the temp was 65 but with a little editing we made them darker lol
    12-21-08 12:33 AM
    Hey five sweet ride love those head lights. Us it Acura that is Honda's luxury/performance line of cars. Anyway I bet it's fast

12-21-08 02:04 AM
    hi-def, i cringed when i saw that dent!
    12-21-08 01:45 PM
    Here is my 2001 Ford F-350
    7.3 powerstroke diesel. I have the Banks big hoss module, transcommand module, big head wastegate, modified turbine.
    K & N air intake, PMT exhaust, pillar guages.

12-21-08 02:01 PM
    Yo everybody I been pimpin my new hat since yesterday. I love cowboy hats and more than those I love Fedoras. I got a few short brim fedoras but I have always wanted the Indiana Jones 1940s version. Well my little brother found an Official Indy hat and bought it for me for Christmas. My wife says the wider brim fits my fat head better than my other fedoras. I just said thanks. If I'm not wearin a fedora or cowboy hat I got several fitted ball caps I wear backwards. Only time I don't wear a hat is going to church. Any other time ya see me, unless I was in a major hurry, I got a hat on.
    So where are all the car addicts. I know people love their cars look at the prices. Most cars cost as much or more than a house.

This is a car thread Luvitlo, but where do you wear cowboy hats? My wife and I do rodeo and reining with our horses out here in Colorado. I just picked up a new Bailey hat - it's got the classic reiner shape. Most don't know that each horse discipline has it's own hat shape.

12-21-08 02:35 PM
    Here is my 2001 Ford F-350
    7.3 powerstroke diesel. I have the Banks big hoss module, transcommand module, big head wastegate, modified turbine.
    K & N air intake, PMT exhaust, pillar guages.

very nice..how much boost are you running?
    12-21-08 02:46 PM
    Thanks. I have had it to about 28lbs. of boost.

12-21-08 03:50 PM
    This is a car thread Luvitlo, but where do you wear cowboy hats? My wife and I do rodeo and reining with our horses out here in Colorado. I just picked up a new Bailey hat - it's got the classic reiner shape. Most don't know that each horse discipline has it's own hat shape.

Yeah its a car lovers thread I started. I stated at the begining intro urself and your ride then anything goes as long as noone dises others on here.
    Ta answer your question though, I just wear cowboy hats and fedoras, fedoras more cause I don't have a horse lol. My uncle has a couple and when I feel up to it he is takin me ridin. I ain't been on a horse since I was a kid. I tend to like gas powered steel horses aka motorcycles lol

12-21-08 06:06 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD