Hi fellow CB members! I am looking for some input on purchasing a new stereo system. I recently picked up an 06 Nissan Altima and the stereo is terrible. I am in Canada so would prefer advice on products available locally. My budget is under $1000 so in no way am I expecting top of the line but would like get quality sound if possible and would also like to take advantage of my BlackBerry playlists so bluetooth is a must! I don't need to show off with vibrating people walking down the street, I just want to enjoy my music in my own comfort zone. I am just east of Toronto so if anyone had a good install experience, please let me know who you would recommend as well. Thanks in advance

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    04-01-14 09:58 PM
    04-02-14 10:51 PM
    Right now I am looking at the JBL GTO638.
    There are so many different options on amazon though that it can be overwhelming. Theses JBLs have gotten great reviews I am just wondering if this is my best option for around $60. Or should i get a cheaper set of speakers that come with front and rear?
    04-04-14 06:33 AM
    Alpine type s in the front, alpine type r in the rear, single 10' inch subs, and find a good 5 ways amps to support all speakers.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 03:49 AM
    Blaupunkt. If u can still find some Bremens it would be great!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 07:16 AM
    I just bought a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X998 to put in my wife's Jeep. Here is the what I found for the sale in Canada the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997. The HD digital radio and Bluetooth streaming are two features that are well worth getting. I'm looking a adding some Kicker speakers.

One of the best things you can do to help out your listening pleasure is add some Dynamat type stuff to the doors and if possible to the floorboards and trunk. There are other material you can use as a Dynamat alternative that is much cheaper. I'm not sure if you can get it in Canada, but if you do a search for Dynamat (and it's alternatives) you should find several option.
    04-05-14 10:18 AM
    Thanks for the responses. I have access to dynamat but probably won't be getting any. I have access to dealer pricing but dynamat type products would be better suited in a home theatre room, rather use the money for better quality speakers. I found out I get dealer pricing on Blaupunkt stereos and speakers, also JBL speakers anyone have experience with these? I think I remember back in the 70's that my Marshall guitar stack had JBL inside and we're kick a?# but wonder how they would sound in a car? I noticed a new 2 dinn blaupunkt just coming out that seems to fit the bill and the discount is okay but where I would really save is on the speakers. There is a 50-60% markup on the speakers. I will investigate a little further but if anyone can chime in, I would appreciate it. I think I can also get Harmon Kardon but might be above my budget but still waiting on a price list

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    04-06-14 10:43 PM