It just seems appropriate to start this thread this month.

I'm a 5 year cancer survivor myself. Yep I was unknowingly initiated into the Pink Ribbon Sorority 2/1/2008.

Treatments may end but security never returns. Remission is never guaranteed.

If you are going through treatment, in remission, are a care giver, have a loved one going through cancer or have lost a loved one to this disease, feel free to share your story here.

And send me a PM if you would like to form a BBM cancer group. Or click the barcode:

Attachment 237983

May God bless us all!
    Attached Thumbnails Cancer sucks!!-barcode.png  
    Last edited by moodyk13; 01-12-14 at 02:44 PM.
    10-08-13 06:48 AM
    Hi Moody!, I'm so happy that you are a survivor My thoughts and prayers to you!

I lost my mom to 2 rare forms of blood cancer - Multiple Myeloma and Amyloidosis. The latter being a brutal one. It was horrible and still haunts me to this day.
    I miss her terribly.
    10-08-13 07:25 AM
    I ALSO LOST MY AUNT FROM CANCER LAST YEAR,BUT MY UNCLE SURVIVED FROM PROSTRATE CANCER ,I BASICALLY HAVE A BUSINESS RELATED TO ONCOLOGY ACCESSORIES AND IMAGING.
    In India it is slowly becoming an epidemic and also insurance sector not being so strong results more financial stress and deaths to poor patients.
    We need more huge investments and support from public private sector to fight it strongly.
    Moody hats off to you as it takes guts to have the courage and patience to take long medications and winning attitude to fight this disease
    10-08-13 07:33 AM
    Yep. Cancer sucks that's why we should prevent to have cancer, have a healthy lifestyle
    10-08-13 07:39 AM
    Yep. Cancer sucks that's why we should prevent to have cancer, have a healthy lifestyle
    Having a healthy lifestyle is only half of the equation; a lot of people don't have a choice when it comes to choosing "to have or not to have cancer" because some of us were born with the diseases that were passed on genetically.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 07:49 AM
    I agree with you , though sometimes it doesn't matter. My mom did have a healthy lifestyle...didn't help her. It just plain sucks.
    jaydee5799, moody, kbz1960 and 4 others like this.
    10-08-13 07:50 AM
    I will say prayers for all of you and you loved ones. I lost a good friend to two forms of cancer.
    It really does kill the remaining family as well as the victim.
    moody, middbrew, jafobabe and 2 others like this.
    10-08-13 07:59 AM
    You're absolutely right Alice. We must do out part.

However, for some of us it's not always due to unhealthy lifestyle.

I've been a fitness professional for 20+ years. Always doing the right things. No breast cancer history in our family.

I'm solid proof cancer doesn't discriminate.

A few months before my diagnosis, I had to fellow fitness pros get diagnosed. We all did the right things. Didn't work for us. One of us didn't survive, 2 of us have thus far.

My MIL smoked. She died of lung cancer 2004. My Grandpa smoke and drank himself into cancer. He died in 1990.

I don't drink, smoke or cuss and I got it.

My prayer is no matter the cause, we remember it's an awful disease affecting millions across the world and no one deserves it.
    10-08-13 08:22 AM
    Amen.................
    10-08-13 08:50 AM
    I too have had several family members affected by cancer. Due to their wishes to not have their lives put up on the internet I won't go into detail. But one member has survived, one is going through chemo treatment now, and one has died.

Onward and upward towards a cure.
    moody, jafobabe, shaleem and 1 others like this.
    10-08-13 08:57 AM
    I lost my sister to the battle, she was my heart, it has been eight years and still not a day goes by without me wishing she was here. I hope everything works out for you I will pray for your success, just keep fighting Bro never give up!

Posted via my better half ZED (BBM#42)
    moody, jafobabe, shaleem and 1 others like this.
    10-08-13 09:51 AM
    My GF is undergoing her own battle with cancer. My grandmother, who just found out and is about to start hers. My aunt is fighting a battle too. And a friend. It's affecting more people every day.

Some are doing better than others. And hopefully they pull through. Congrats Moody for beating it. You must he a tough woman.

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    moody, jafobabe and shaleem like this.
    10-08-13 10:12 AM
    I lost my sister to the battle, she was my heart, it has been eight years and still not a day goes by without me wishing she was here. I hope everything works out for you I will pray for your success, just keep fighting Bro never give up!

I am so sorry

Wish there were more I could say but there isn't. Prayers to you and you whole family!!
    jafobabe and shaleem like this.
    10-08-13 10:48 AM
    My GF is undergoing her own battle with cancer. My grandmother, who just found out and is about to start hers. My aunt is fighting a battle too. And a friend. It's affecting more people every day.

Some are doing better than others. And hopefully they pull through. Congrats Moody for beating it. You must he a tough woman.

Wow!!! That's 4 too many!!! And I can't imagine what it's doing to you.

Honestly my diagnosis broke my husband. It's hard to go through it, but in my experience it was much harder on my family to have to watch me go through it. At least I had good drugs. LOL

My hat is off to every caregiver!!!!!
    jafobabe and shaleem like this.
    10-08-13 10:51 AM
    My mother just started crying out of his blue, and all she keeps saying is I hate the holidays it's breaking my heart anyone have any suggestions?

10-08-13 01:15 PM
    Moodyk13, Bless you! Wife was diagnosed in 2003 and is a double mastectomy survivor. We Walk Run March every year ( Susan G. Komen ) with relatives in Wash DC.

Posted via CB10
    moody and shaleem like this.
    10-08-13 01:35 PM
    My mother just started crying out of his blue, and all she keeps saying is I hate the holidays it's breaking my heart anyone have any suggestions?

Just let her cry. Sometimes that's all you can do.

Then reassure her that you're there for her for whatever she needs.

Most of all let her know you love her. Sometime people just need to know they are loved.

So sorry oh so sorry ;(
    Undbiter65 likes this.
    10-08-13 02:05 PM
    Moodyk13, Bless you! Wife was diagnosed in 2003 and is a double mastectomy survivor. We Walk Run March every year ( Susan G. Komen ) with relatives in Wash DC.

Posted via CB10
    It took 2 surgeries and 22 chemo treatments to knock me into remission. But that's where I plan to stay

That's awesome you guys are active in the walk/run!!

And double kudos to you for hanging in there for her!!! :hug:
    93Aero likes this.
    10-08-13 02:07 PM
    The last thing I saw before my father past away from acute leukemia was him being tubed and my holding his hand that night letting him know that I was there and that I would watch over my mom and all of my brothers and sister.

The last thing I remember however was our bonding during his hospital stay while he was undergoing chemotherapy. He was able to get passed the first chemo session and spend Christmas with us am disappointed children which I managed to fly in from Germany and the US.

Unfortunately while undergoing his second he contracted an infection and past that night. It wasn't easy since he was doing just fine one day and past away two days later.

The hardest part has been having to assume the responsibility of looking out for our entire family including my own but I am a man of my word.

For all those who are passing through a trouble time with a loved one that has been diagnosed...father would always say...I wish everyone would stop crying and spend some time with me.

I have never discussed this with anyone and I do it now since there are several people inn forums of which I have grown to have a special bond with.

And most important of all...don't hold back the tears. There's nothing wrong with crying no matter how long has past. In my case it has been 8 1/2 years as I write this.

BlackBerry Z...my weapon of choice.
    Last edited by 3hb78ftg; 10-08-13 at 02:58 PM.
    10-08-13 02:41 PM
    The last thing I saw before my father past away from acute leukemia was him being tubed and my holding his hand that night letting him know that I was there and that I would watch over my mom and all of my brothers and sister.

The last thing I remember however was our bonding during his hospital stay while he was undergoing chemotherapy. He was able to get passed the first chemo session and spend Christmas with us am disappointed children which I managed to fly in from Germany and the US.

Unfortunately while undergoing his second he contracted an infection and past that night. It wasn't easy since he was doing just fine one day and past away two days later.

The hardest part has been having to assume the responsibility of looking out for our entire family including my own but I am a man of my word.

For all those who are passing through a trouble time with a loved one that has been diagnosed...father would always say...I wish everyone would stop crying and spend some time with me.

I have never discussed this with anyone and I do it now since there are several people inn forums of which I have grown to have a special bond with.

And most important of all...don't hold back the tears. There's nothing wrong with crying no matter how long has past. In my case it has been 8 1/2 years as I write this.

God. That was beautiful man. :hug: Stay strong. And may God bless you.

moody, jaydee5799 and 3hb78ftg like this.
    10-08-13 03:02 PM

Thank-you, this resonates very close to my experience except that my mom didn't even make it through the first round of chemo...she contracted an infection as well and did not last long at all. From time of diagnosis to her passing was a month. It's painful and traumatic and am haunted by those last few days, as it was so unexpected and we didn't even have time for a proper goodbye.
    I also although being the youngest (I was the closest to her) in the family have been tasked with keeping the family together. I'm doing my best as this is what she wanted.
    The tears still come. Every day. Let it happen.

Again thanks to all for sharing your stories. You are all very special.
    10-08-13 03:03 PM

Heartbreaking IT so heart breaking. BIG HUG!!!
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    10-08-13 04:13 PM
    Thank-you, this resonates very close to my experience except that my mom didn't even make it through the first round of chemo...she contracted an infection as well and did not last long at all. From time of diagnosis to her passing was a month. It's painful and traumatic and am haunted by those last few days, as it was so unexpected and we didn't even have time for a proper goodbye.
    I also although being the youngest (I was the closest to her) in the family have been tasked with keeping the family together. I'm doing my best as this is what she wanted.
    The tears still come. Every day. Let it happen.

Again thanks to all for sharing your stories. You are all very special.
    Oh Man, I just get the tears dried and then I read another. Hamster that is so sad!!! It's crazy sometimes how the treatment that is suppose to heal ends up being the one that kills.

Cancer SUCKS!!
    BergerKing likes this.
    10-08-13 04:15 PM
    Keep your head up, stay strong and continue to fight. I lost my mom to breast cancer and my brother developed colon cancer five years ago. He too is in remission now. Never give-up and best wishes to you and your family as this is very much a family disease because it effects the entire family as I am sure you already know.
    3hb78ftg, moody and BergerKing like this.
    10-08-13 08:39 PM
    Keep your head up, stay strong and continue to fight. I lost my mom to breast cancer and my brother developed colon cancer five years ago. He too is in remission now. Never give-up and best wishes to you and your family as this is very much a family disease because it effects the entire family as I am sure you already know.
    I am so sorry for your loss! Wish there were more to say but not much else I can say except ((((hugs))))

Thanks for sharing here!
    BergerKing and dbiv5445 like this.
    10-10-13 05:53 PM
114 123 ...