Good news all around. The tumor in his bone hasn't grown any or changed so he doesn't have to go back until October!

Thanks to all who prayed and sent messages.

Posted via CB10
    That's AWESOME!!!!!

Thanks for the update

Posted via CB10 - the app that may or may not exist
    01-10-14 12:38 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/rehab-o...passes-151394/

I finally got a chance to go digging for my survivor story. CJH315, sorry to hear your sister lost her battle, I know how bad that hurts. My father-in-law has had his come back again, as well. Dunno where that is gonna lead, yet.
    WOW!!! What an incredible story!! I'm so proud to say I know you. Your strength is AMAZING!!!

BergerKing and hamsterwheel like this.
    01-10-14 12:50 PM
    Hey, some feedback needed. It's an idea I've been toying with for a while, a new thread, thinking along the lines of :The CrackBerry Cancer Support Network. We can link our stories, share the good, bad, and the ugly. It would be stickied, so it's always there. Lemme know what anyone thinks of the idea.
    01-10-14 02:41 PM
    Hey, some feedback needed. It's an idea I've been toying with for a while, a new thread, thinking along the lines of :The CrackBerry Cancer Support Network. We can link our stories, share the good, bad, and the ugly. It would be stickied, so it's always there. Lemme know what anyone thinks of the idea.
    I think it's great! And I'd love if you included the smart tag I added to the OP for survivors to join our "Cancer Sucks" BBM group. You should join too Berger

hamsterwheel likes this.
    01-10-14 06:30 PM
    Good news all around. The tumor in his bone hasn't grown any or changed so he doesn't have to go back until October!

Thanks to all who prayed and sent messages.

Posted via CB10
    AWESOME News!!!!! So glad it turned out this way!
    01-10-14 09:33 PM
    Great idea. I know I am still haunted and miss my mom terribly. Not a day goes by that I wish it were different.
    moody and dbiv5445 like this.
    01-10-14 09:34 PM
    Bump

01-13-14 06:36 PM
    Moodyk13, did you get new glasses in your avatar?

Congrats to the youngin for the October appointment, that's awesome news!
    01-14-14 11:12 PM
    Bump

01-18-14 11:15 AM
    Bump

01-23-14 12:00 PM
    Glad you made it! I know the ins and out of cancer myself. It runs in my family as a unique genetic strain. It has taken many of us but closest to me it took my Mother, my sister and another sister has Lupus. I luckily have survived but have serious health issues that worsen over time.Obviously genetics pay a major part in your chances but changing your diet play a huge part in changing your chances for a healthier life. We switched to Organics about seven years ago and so far I am much healthier than my other sister and my father.

Good luck and I wish you a great life.
    moody likes this.
    01-23-14 04:01 PM
    Glad you made it! I know the ins and out of cancer myself. It runs in my family as a unique genetic strain. It has taken many of us but closest to me it took my Mother, my sister and another sister has Lupus. I luckily have survived but have serious health issues that worsen over time.Obviously genetics pay a major part in your chances but changing your diet play a huge part in changing your chances for a healthier life. We switched to Organics about seven years ago and so far I am much healthier than my other sister and my father.

Good luck and I wish you a great life.
    Keep fighting. to you.

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    01-24-14 12:35 AM
    Cancer still sucks! Survivors and caregivers alike have their lives changed forever by a diagnosis of cancer.

It doesn't end when treatment ends. It doesn't end when it's in remission. Because, it continues to hover in the very back of our minds, regardless of years gone by.

For example: I've been in remission since June 2009, but for over a year now I've battled bouts of pneumonia & pleurisy. Have had a couple of CT scans, LOTS of blood work and many trips to urgent care & Dr. Office.

Though the "c" word hasn't come up, I find myself allowing "what-if" to creep into my thoughts. As has my husband.

Though I am confident I will be fine, it's still a thought that will always haunt me.

So if you're a survivor and/or a caregiver (I've been both) know you're not alone with these fears, it's just part of it, and I am here if you need me.
    middbrew likes this.
    09-24-17 08:48 AM
    I lost an aunt to ovarian cancer. The thought always lingers in the back of my mind if I'll get it one day.
    10-02-17 11:12 AM
114 ... 345