bumpidty bump
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-06-13 11:50 AM
    Lost my mother to it, and yes it sucked. On the bright side she brought us all closer together.I have known many that have had it and beaten it, I congratulate them. When I find out that they are about to start their battle or in one, I tel them that my phone is on 24/7 for them- no matter what. We are all touched by it whether we acknowledge it or not- everyone will be affected by it in their lifetime. Well done Moodk13 a superior post.
    moody and dbiv5445 like this.
    12-06-13 07:46 PM
    Lost my mother to it, and yes it sucked. On the bright side she brought us all closer together.I have known many that have had it and beaten it, I congratulate them. When I find out that they are about to start their battle or in one, I tel them that my phone is on 24/7 for them- no matter what. We are all touched by it whether we acknowledge it or not- everyone will be affected by it in their lifetime. Well done Moodk13 a superior post.
    I am so sorry for your loss!!! My mother in law died from lung cancer 2004 & I still miss her so much.

And you're right. When I learn of a new diagnosis or recurrence or even when someone says Dr called & need to run some tests I tell them to call or text anytime.

And you're also right that cancer has brought me & my families even closer. And I've made friends that I otherwise would have never found.

So while it does suck, there have been some positives too.

Posted via CB10 - the app that may or may not exist
    12-07-13 10:05 AM
    Have you had the opportunity to go to a cancer walk? I was invited by some friends and did a few laps in Barrie in honour of my mother and it was great to see so many survivors, it reinforces that we will not sit idle and do nothing. I was even lucky enough to get to keep the candles they lit for her and gave them to family at Xmas.

I highly recommend everyone to participate in one to see the energy of everyone that participates, even after the 24 hours everyone was still going strong.

I have made great friend just from the one and the family that had invited me is now conquering it yet again.(Mind you I told my friends wife, that she's not allowed to let cancer win or she will have to deal with me as a coach lol.)

Even though cancer sucks and takes people away from us, we won't let it win. Thank you Moodyk13 for this post, those that we have lost will not be forgotten and those that are fighting and in remission will know that we have their backs and always will.
    moody likes this.
    12-07-13 01:04 PM
    I have done the Relay-for-life here about 6 times, me my husband and my daughter did the Breaking Strides for breast cancer in 2009 & me and my daughter worked for the 3-day walk too.

Every year when I take the survivor lap at RFL I am mixed w/ pride & anger. Angry b/c I should not have ever gotten cancer & pride b/c I did and am winning the battle.

12-07-13 04:00 PM
    You are lucky to have a great support team as well as they are lucky to have a strong model to look up to. I'm proud that you have beaten it as well. Keep it up and give them the truest gift you can- your time, yourself and your love. And if you so want, you can give me a Z30 LOL (from your pile of lost blackberries picture a while back). But in all seriousness, keep your chin up and feel pride that you have not backed down.

moody likes this.
    12-07-13 10:27 PM
    You are lucky to have a great support team as well as they are lucky to have a strong model to look up to. I'm proud that you have beaten it as well. Keep it up and give them the truest gift you can- your time, yourself and your love. And if you so want, you can give me a Z30 LOL (from your pile of lost blackberries picture a while back). But in all seriousness, keep your chin up and feel pride that you have not backed down.

I'd love to hook you up w/ a z30 but they are all gone. Bummer

12-07-13 11:32 PM
    I'm glad to see your sense of humour is still abundant. That's what makes the world a far better place, a smile even in the most difficult moments can change the outlook of even the most bleakest situations. Keep your smile and cancer will always loose.
    12-08-13 05:59 PM
    Lost my sister to it last Sunday. She was 56.

She went through surgery to get a tumor out at the beginning of the year. They got it and there was no spreading of the disease . Prognosis was 100% cure.

So we're all celebrating through the summer when a persistent cough comes and they think it's pneumonia around the beginning of November.

It comes back with a vengeance and attacks her lungs and liver.

I'm very angry. I very blessed to still have my mother, she's 80 years old, but no parent should ever have to bury their child.

What really hurts is, when she was little, she asked my mom and dad for a baby brother.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CJH315; 12-11-13 at 01:14 PM.
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-11-13 12:43 PM

She went through surgery to get a tumor out at the beginning of the year. They got it and there was no spreading of the disease . Prognosis was 100% cure.

So we're all celebrating through the summer when a persistent cough comes and they think it's pneumonia around the beginning of November.

I'm very angry. I very blessed to still have my mother, she's 80 years old, but no parent should ever have to bury their child.

What really hurts is, when she was little, she asked my mom and dad for a baby brother.

Posted via CB10
    Oh wow. I am so sorry!!! You're absolutely right no parent should ever have to bury a child.

What kind of cancer did she have.

kbz1960 likes this.
    12-11-13 01:44 PM
    Oh wow. I am so sorry!!! You're absolutely right no parent should ever have to bury a child.

What kind of cancer did she have.

At first it was endometrial. The last was lung, chest, and liver.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 03:21 PM
    Wow. I hardly even know what to say.

I'm glad you found this thread & shared your story.

Please continue to let is know how you're doing. The holidays are the worst when your missing a loved one.

(((((hugs)))))

kbz1960 and dbiv5445 like this.
    12-11-13 04:09 PM
    My hat goes off to all of you for showing the strength to share your stories and to persevere.

My thoughts and prayers go out to each of you who's lives are touched by this dreadful disease.

And lastly, remember every day you can wake up, swing your feet over the bed and stand up is a gift- make the most of it.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 04:17 PM
    Posted via CB10
    I think it was a blessing that she had you a a brother, make her smile and proud with warm thoughts friend. They say time heals all wounds, it doesn't to be honest, you still miss the ones you love.
    moody, kbz1960, sam81 and 2 others like this.
    12-11-13 05:55 PM
    I think it was a blessing that she had you a a brother, make her smile and proud with warm thoughts friend. They say time heals all wounds, it doesn't to be honest, you still miss the ones you love.
    I agree I think time just works to give you opportunity to adjust to a new chapter.

12-11-13 06:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    moody and sam81 like this.
    12-11-13 06:34 PM
    Thank you all.

Posted via CB10
    sam81 and BergerKing like this.
    12-12-13 07:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    ****. I'm sorry bro. this made me cry.

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    moody, sam81, BergerKing and 1 others like this.
    12-16-13 11:04 AM
    Bump

01-09-14 06:33 AM
    Bump

Funny that you would bump this today.

My son is going for checkup x-rays today. If all is well, he won't have to go back for another six months.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 07:04 AM

My son is going for checkup x-rays today. If all is well, he won't have to go back for another six months.

Posted via CB10
    Hope everything goes fine John!

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    john_v likes this.
    01-09-14 10:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    Lifting him up...
    john_v, BergerKing and moody like this.
    01-09-14 12:00 PM
    Good news all around. The tumor in his bone hasn't grown any or changed so he doesn't have to go back until October!

Thanks to all who prayed and sent messages.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 08:38 PM
    Good news. I'm grateful. Will keep in my prayers.
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-09-14 10:22 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/rehab-o...passes-151394/

I finally got a chance to go digging for my survivor story. CJH315, sorry to hear your sister lost her battle, I know how bad that hurts. My father-in-law has had his come back again, as well. Dunno where that is gonna lead, yet.
    moody likes this.
    01-09-14 11:40 PM
114 ... 2345