Howdy All!

I know I have done a horrible job lately at helping out here in the forums, I am just dealing with not having the internet at home. Some stuff happened with our internet and we are in the 3rd week of not having it. It is supposed to be connected this upcoming Monday. Finally.

Which leads me to my question...Could you survive without the internet? How important is it in your life?
    03-03-07 12:05 AM
    I don't even want to think about it....that's my worst nightmare. Even a decade ago when I was on dialup and a 3.2kb/s download rate was considered fast, if the net went down for more than 10 minutes I would start going through major withdrawal symptoms and felt like the end of the world was near.
    03-03-07 12:13 AM
    I couldn't deal with it either. I'm glad I can use my BB to tether and therefore I always have a backup.
    03-03-07 12:16 AM
    Ha, you're kidding right? Live without an internet connection, I'd go insane! Plus, I'd be out of a job...

I was without internet for 30days when I moved into my house in 2001. I was on the phone to BellSouth, daily...
    03-03-07 12:17 AM
    We have Wireless Network with in the house....and the Macbook goes everywhere....and its always on!
    sjc1963 likes this.
    03-03-07 01:51 AM
    Could never do without....for work and play...
    03-03-07 09:36 PM
    Definately NOT... I'm on the net around 6-8 hours a day.
    (rediculous, I know!) LOL!!!
    I use it for work, playn and monitoring about 5 sites I have!
    HAHA!
    03-04-07 11:14 PM
    Actually if the net does go down in our house, there is always hell to pay.....
    03-05-07 03:10 AM
    My wireless connection was down in the house earlier today and I was having major withdrawl issues. I was about to hook up the BB, but then wife convinced me to watch a movie with her instead of surfing the net. By the time the movie was over, everything was back up and running.
    03-05-07 03:24 AM
    I'm on the net about 15 hr's a day. Granted most of it is for work but I'm still on. Even when I'm not in front of the computer like when sleeping, my laptop's still busy running scripts on our servers over the VPN at least 4 days a week.
    03-05-07 08:00 AM
    on my phone yes I could manage without, but at home? nope not a chance!
    03-05-07 08:02 AM
    I don't have access anymore from home, as we have eliminated our landline and gone to cellphones only. We live out in the sticks too, so no DSL or cable internet is available. I would probably shrivel up and die if I couldn't surf on my Blackberry
    03-05-07 08:14 AM
    At least you can get cell reception on there in the sticks!
    03-05-07 11:25 AM
    My wireless connection was down in the house earlier today and I was having major withdrawl issues. I was about to hook up the BB, but then wife convinced me to watch a movie with her instead of surfing the net. By the time the movie was over, everything was back up and running.
    Bet you were itching to test it though...........!
    03-09-07 04:20 PM
    Yes I was!
    03-10-07 06:04 AM
    my mac is connected to the net 24/7 my msn is always signed in and i've always got ermm torrents on the about..

i'd be screwed if my net went down and i mean screwed!

fatreg
    03-10-07 05:04 PM
    I don't know what I'd do without the internet...and I remember life without it too!! Lol.

When I was in the Navy back in the 90's we had a version of the internet to talk between ships...it might take hours or even days to reach the other vessel....now we get all irritated if we have to wait more than 20 seconds for a page to load hahaa. Ahhh how the times have changed...now I can't do without the net. lol
    03-16-07 10:21 AM
    Imagine if we still lived in the dark ages.....

I am at work (yes working hard) and we dont have the hard drives in the office, I still have this poxy box that goes to our servers in the Head Office (80 miles away)....So i am actually able to typr whole sentences before the characters appear on my screen.....

*Yawn* Still waiting for characters....

Sometimes i could punch the screen...

03-16-07 10:31 AM
    Sometimes i could punch the screen...

I actually have put my fist through some screens before. I head butted one monitor because I was so pissed off. I've never seen a room clear out so fast after I did that.
    03-16-07 10:42 AM
    As of next wednesday i'll no longer have net access at home because i'm moving home. I've got soo much to do that reconnecting to the net is way down the list of priorities...
    03-17-07 06:40 AM
    Ouch... I don't know. Even if I had lots to do, I still think they would be on the top of my list. At least you'll have your BB to hold you over.
    03-17-07 11:55 AM
    Exactly you have your BB to keep you going.....

Plus maybe they odnt have net in that part of Wales?!!!
    03-21-07 08:21 AM
    no way what-so-ever.... everything you need is online. the net is great the only ppl not embrasing it is( drums please) the R.I.A.A. they need to realize mp3/mp4 is where it's at find away to get paid from it or get left behind.. ty
    10-24-07 11:26 PM
    I was without net service since February becos of the vandalised fone lines here. Since I got the BB I've used the tethered modem so its better than nothing.
    Otherwise I had to use net at school or pay by the hour to use net at a cyber cafe.
    Here the net is not to common for lots of people to have it at home. Less than 10percent of population have net access and at home most people still use dial up and its expensive with US$54 for unlimited dialup service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-07 02:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD