Aha! There it is. Thanks so much. Now I just have to figure out why anyone would use it.... why not pin a person?
    10-27-08 07:01 PM
    Aha! There it is. Thanks so much. Now I just have to figure out why anyone would use it.... why not pin a person?
    Because pinning someone is essentially like sending an email where as bbm is a chat style interface that is more like an instant messaging system between blackberries.
    10-27-08 07:04 PM
    Because pinning someone is essentially like sending an email where as bbm is a chat style interface that is more like an instant messaging system between blackberries.
    You can also send voice notes, videos and pictures to bbm contacts. I don't think I've ever "pinned" a person though. Hmmm.
    10-27-08 07:08 PM
    OMG Gross!!!!! Are you being serious? You eat that?
    Don't diss it till u try it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-08 07:09 PM
    You can also send voice notes, videos and pictures to bbm contacts. I don't think I've ever "pinned" a person though. Hmmm.
    Hmm forgot about that one... I don't think I've ever sent a voice note to anyone, or received one for that matter... Nice feature to have.
    10-27-08 07:09 PM
    I only know 4 people with berries and we all pin. Nobody uses bbm. I guess we don't "chat" so much as send notes. Time lapses in replies okay.

Anyway, thanks for filling me in. Think I'll stick with pinning for now.
    10-27-08 07:12 PM
    All that Blackberry Messenger is is just a GUI for PIN messaging that also incorporates some additional convenient features that SmashFace pointed out. So KareBare, if you are already PIN messaging your Blackberry friends already, you may all end up really enjoying the Blackberry Messenger interface.
    10-27-08 07:33 PM
    Thanks for the thought, Obstacles. I will give it a try sometime.
    10-27-08 07:37 PM
    SmackHead: Go to messages then "Compose PIN" and ta-da

Just like an email shows in your messages folder, as you might expect <:
    10-27-08 11:20 PM
    Since we're no where near topic anyway, advantage to pinning someone over texting?

10-28-08 12:32 AM
    Since we're no where near topic anyway, advantage to pinning someone over texting?

No SMS charge since its pinning?
    10-28-08 01:57 AM
    I'm confused, first I was cocerned about everone trying a sandwich whic could have an effect of everyones balls smelling of fish, then we are pining, maybe its just too early!

10-28-08 02:16 AM
    on my way to work today i found myself driving with my knees eating a BOLOGNA sandwich and txting...now that i read this i wish i would of made tuna :-(

minus the pickles,peanut butter and grapes :-\
    10-28-08 02:38 AM
    Tuna rules everything! I made some tuna helper last week, heavy on the tuna, and it was magical.

I think I'll stop at the store and get some on the way home, and have a tasty tuna sandwich on toast, with cheese and mayo...

And I'll document it for all to see! YAY!

(Yeah, I can spell!)
    Last edited by JustPlainJef; 10-28-08 at 03:28 AM. Reason: my uber-pedantic nature
    10-28-08 03:26 AM
    LOL - I concur. Is that the techno equivalent of tying a cherry stem in a knot with your tounge?

Nah. One's impressive, the other's sexy.
    10-28-08 10:28 AM
    Pros over Texting?

Well with BBM-

You get status results for Delivery, and when it has been read.

Texts-

I have no clue if they got it or not, or if it was received in the order it was intended to be received.
    10-28-08 11:07 AM
    also in blackberry messenger, you can see when they are replying to you.

I LOOOOOVE TUNA!!! and yes i can eat a tuna sandwich while BBM'ing.
    10-28-08 02:13 PM
    Love the tuna sandwiches! Yep I can eat a tuna sandwich and BBM. The bigger challenge is eating super saucy buffalo wings and BBM. I've done it.

10-28-08 08:27 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD