It says that the disc could not be read, but just 5 seconds ago it read it just fine. Can I do anything to fix this. Please help me, I'm desperate it's my best friend's PSP, and I didn't even do anything wrong to it!

And it makes a funny noise when I put a game in.
    Last edited by laminak8330; 02-11-09 at 01:08 AM.
    02-11-09 12:49 AM
    Does it say this for all disks or just one in particular? Try popping the disk out of its case and cleaning it with a soft cloth

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 12:52 AM
    Does it say this for all disks or just one in particular? Try popping the disk out of its case and cleaning it with a soft cloth

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I tried putting in my brand new game, and it is taking forever to read the disk. I'm guessing now then it is not the game, but why would the PSP just stop working for nothing after a minute.
    02-11-09 01:00 AM
    Nevermind, problem solved.
    02-11-09 01:38 AM
    If the drive is dirty, that can do it. Clean the disc and also clean the PSP's lens.

Google PSP lens cleaner and PSP Disc cleaner.

Sometimes, a disc just won't read in one PSP and will read just fine in several others. Hopefully you have not dropped it and knocked the drive read head loose or out of alignment.

It may be possible that the laser unit needs to be replaced, but if it reads most things, it may be the disc, and not the PSP. At least try exchanging the game to see if it was just the disc that was the problem.
    02-11-09 01:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD