The daughter of one of my friends is working on a project and presentation for school. She found a video she would like to put into her PowerPoint presentation but needs help capturing the file. I figured someone here at CrackBerry would be able to help.

Here is the link HowStuffWorks Videos "Ancient Civilizations: Julius Caesar The Dictator" she would like the video without the commercial, and saved as a file type that can be inserted in PowerPoint.

Thank you
    05-25-10 11:26 AM
    It can be done but not without violating copyright, HOWEVER there are some who say for educational purpose it might be ok, I know in cases NOT involving video copyright is not violated. Example when magazines are copied or clipped for school projects.

Ok the easiest thing would probably be FME (Flash Media Encoder), it's easier to use and learn than WME (Windows Media Encoder) or other encoders. Google Flash Media Encoder, and you should be able to find it and some basic tutorial pages.

media encoder, video capture software, audio capture software | Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder

Been a long time since I streamed, and I promised my girlfriend I would never do it again (got in some copyright trouble ) BUT like I said I think for education you have a loophole, plus you are not doing sports.
    05-25-10 11:37 AM
    Can you not just record your screen?

or... would that lead to copy right issues...?
    05-25-10 01:23 PM
    I would think as long as its not being done for resale it wouldn't matter. This is really the same as recording a TV show to watch later. Legal as long as you don't record and then sell or profit from it.
    05-25-10 01:35 PM
    Like I said I think for education you are ok no matter what. Yes screen capture is what you need to do, screen capture and video encoding, and I believe FME can do both of those for you, if I recall correctly from my days in the field.
    05-25-10 02:31 PM
    I'd use this

Or this

At least if you infringe on the , you'll be prepared.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-10 02:31 PM
    Like I said I think for education you are ok no matter what. Yes screen capture is what you need to do, screen capture and video encoding, and I believe FME can do both of those for you, if I recall correctly from my days in the field.
    Thanks for the help
    05-25-10 03:19 PM
    Lots of screencaps and special animations in this video that was made special for a commercial for a video game, MERCS 2....

05-26-10 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD