1. Norli's Avatar
    I have an unlocked US Cellular 9650. It doesn't give me the option of turning off SMS delivery reports and I'm sick and tired of the outdated US Cellular logo that shows up when I turn on my phone.

    Is there any way to make my 9650 a Verizon unlocked? With the Verizon welcome screen and everything.
    Last edited by Norli; 04-10-11 at 06:13 AM.
    04-10-11 05:58 AM
  2. Xopher's Avatar
    Short answer: No.

    CDMA devices are registered by the phone's ESN. In order to change the phone, you have to have USCC release the ESN, flash the phone over to VZW, and have VZW register the ESN into their database. It is highly unlikely you'll get both carriers to agree to the switch.

    Some people have been able to register their phones without all those steps, but usually this means some features (like SMS) no longer work.

    It's not as simple as GSM where all you need to do is swap the SIM (provided the phone is unlocked).
    04-10-11 08:35 AM
  3. jeffh's Avatar
    Xopher is correct. In addition, if you could get the carriers to make the switch, and Verizon won't, you'd still have the uscc boot logo. That's in ROM.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-11 09:13 AM