If anyone can help me with this Id very much appreciate it. Im using a Dell 2200
    laptop running XP I bought a linksys wireless-g broadband router model #wrt54g2 today followed the instuction disk to the letter it said install is complete and successful wireless network shows up connected signal strength is full but i cant get on the net just page cannot be found? called tech support all automated uninstalled/reinstalled no luck!? Help me PLEASE!
    07-10-08 06:58 PM
    seriously nobody?
    07-10-08 07:19 PM
    Did you enable wep on the router?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-08 07:27 PM
    Does your computer show it is connected to the router? What kind of internet do you have?

07-10-08 07:28 PM
    i used the highest security cant remember if that was wep can you elaborate?
    07-10-08 07:29 PM
    yes and cable
    07-10-08 07:30 PM
    What I was getting at is did you type in the correct password when you tried connecting the first time? I have had several linksys products and have always had trouble using the cd! It always screwed things up. Try unpluging the router, modem and turn of your computer for about 1 minute. Then plug in the modem wait for the lights to turn solid, then plug in your router wait for lights then turn on youe computer.

07-10-08 07:35 PM
    i did that after the first install but not the second let me try
    thanks by the way back in a bit
    07-10-08 07:38 PM
    When you get back can you access the routers homepage? It should be 192.168.1.1. If memory serves?

07-10-08 07:40 PM
    Are you running any firewall right now? I know zone labs will ask you to place the new connection in a "zone". I havent had a linksys in a while so I cant really remember the interface. Also is there an ip conflict on the network?
    07-10-08 07:40 PM
    What I was getting at is did you type in the correct password when you tried connecting the first time? I have had several linksys products and have always had trouble using the cd! It always screwed things up. Try unpluging the router, modem and turn of your computer for about 1 minute. Then plug in the modem wait for the lights to turn solid, then plug in your router wait for lights then turn on youe computer.

alright im back but that didnt help yes i have a firewall but its set to allow
    i even tried turning it off no luck what else can we try?
    07-10-08 08:13 PM
    When you get back can you access the routers homepage? It should be 192.168.1.1. If memory serves?

this is the home page im in it now but its kinda beyond my skill level in here
    07-10-08 08:15 PM
    Try plugging your laptop directly into the router. Did your set up cd come with a managemment program. I kind of remember once that you had to plug ant computer that u wanted to use with the router directly into it and run the manager so it would recognize it. Hence why I hated the cds for linksys.

07-10-08 08:28 PM
    its plugged up directly via the cat5 cable so i can be on line there was no manager per say just auto install disk ??
    07-10-08 08:35 PM
    my wifes on the phone w/ linksys now AGAIN being passed around the globe to be put on hold
    07-10-08 08:37 PM
    Did you get it? I bet you might have to change the ip of your router from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.2.1. then release and renew your ip on your comp.
    07-10-08 08:37 PM
    Lol. I wish I could help you more but I run motorola...way different in the interface and I think it allows you to do more....but Im thinking that if you can connect to the login..your connected, your router ip might conflict with your modem.
    07-10-08 08:40 PM
    You can try letting windows run your wireless instead of linksys. I actually do this with mine. Much easier to adjust.

07-10-08 08:49 PM
    my wifes on the phone w/ linksys now AGAIN being passed around the globe to be put on hold
    Be prepared for very poor english once you talk with someone. And they will always try to blame it on your computer or modem. It is never their product.

07-10-08 08:51 PM
    gggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z
    FINALLY got it! had to check "obtain DNS server address automatically" rather than use preffered ????????????
    WOW there goes 6 hours of my life down the tube!
    bmtenny rlp anybody else thanks so much that was frustrating as helll!
    07-10-08 09:20 PM
    No problem. Glad you got it working.
    07-10-08 09:32 PM
    No problem! Been there before hate to see anyone stuck like that

07-10-08 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD