How the heck does one learn to camp without looking like an *****

So I decided I'm going to try camping even though I HATE roughing it. i like luxury beds , bathrooms and room service. How in the world am I going to live through this

i seriously need some camping advice so I can live through this without embarassing myself

So I actually bought this pop up tent camper and now have no idea how to even hook up and use this dumb thing at a campsite. i'll probably not even make it to the campsite and go sailing of the road trying to tow it.

ALL TIPS AND TRICKS APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!
    04-10-11 07:31 PM
    So I actually bought this pop up tent camper and now have no idea how to even hook up and use this dumb thing at a campsite.
    You call a pop up camper that you hook up to water / electricity roughing it? I thought you meant actually roughing it, like as in a REAL tent in a forest or something.

Just tow it to the camp site, find a guy and ask him to hook it up. I don't know what else to tell you... other than to point out that a camper is hardly "roughing it".
    04-10-11 07:47 PM
    That's not camping man. Get a tent and a fishing pole. Go out in the woods and have some fun.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..,, - ~" " ~,,
    . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
    . . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
    . . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
    . . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
    . . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
    . . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
    . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
    . . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
    . . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
    . . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
    . . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
    . . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
    . . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
    . . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
    . . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
    . . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
    ,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
    . .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`
    04-10-11 09:20 PM
    HMMM thANKS FOR THE USELESS INFO

And yes... no bathroom, mosquitos, bugs and no running water IS roughing it when my other choice is room service , restaurants and laundry service. I think I'm being a freaking good sport by not complaining and just sucking it up and asking advice!
    04-11-11 10:58 AM
    HMMM thANKS FOR THE USELESS INFO

And yes... no bathroom, mosquitos, bugs and no running water IS roughing it when my other choice is room service , restaurants and laundry service. I think I'm being a freaking good sport by not complaining and just sucking it up and asking advice!
    Yes I think your being a great sport. It's not so bad, I went camping in a camper once and in a tent for 4 years now.. It's a great feeling the fire is a amazing smell. You will love it, at first you might think its roughing it but its not bad at all.. It's actually a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy it let us know how it went. Good luck!!!! Oh btw at first I said I rather have room service, and not rough it, but after I went I loved it!!!!
    04-11-11 12:53 PM
    04-11-11 01:44 PM

There you go with youtube again... lol Just playing.. You do have a song for every post... lol
    04-11-11 01:56 PM
    most campers, well some anyway, have a water hook-up which allows for running water of some type. and there should be a book that says: "Owner's Manual" which should explain the popping up part. why are you going camping anyway? is this for some kind of metro-sexual badge or something?
    04-11-11 03:46 PM
    most campers, well some anyway, have a water hook-up which allows for running water of some type. and there should be a book that says: "Owner's Manual" which should explain the popping up part. why are you going camping anyway? is this for some kind of metro-sexual badge or something?

Metrosexual------SIGHHHHHHH

I have been called a man , dude and now metrosexual, on here for like 2 years

ATTENTION EVERYONE.... the name is sandangel as in SAND ANGEL..... as in Angel of the Beach!
    This is the ONLY freaking place ANYONE mistakes me for a DUDE

And yes the pop up tent camper thing has a water hook up. Cold water only. I can put the tent up but have no idea about all the electrical stuff. Something about electric with propane option and some sort of battery back up. Freaking switches and plugs everywhere. Manual is like gibberishto me. i,ll probably just forgo the electric and do lanterns , grill and my deluxe stay cold cooler
    04-11-11 06:04 PM
    Sandy..... here ya go....

Camping for Dummies cheat sheet (part of the Dummies series)
    Camping For Dummies Cheat Sheet - For Dummies

And the Camping for Dummies book
    Camping for Dummies [Book]

A Complete Guide to Popup Campers
    A Complete Guide To Popup Campers

Oh and Sandy, when you go camping for the first time, ALWAYS go/take someone that knows what they are doing with you, and you follow their lead. And ALWAYS take a comfortable mattress and a pillow since you have the camper. And if the camp site has running water and fire, you can have all the hot water you want. And for you Angel, let's hope the camp grounds has a shower for the ladies. Most state parks have them. But I am curious, as to why someone that does not like rouging it, wants to actually do it.
    Last edited by BlkBear; 04-12-11 at 04:28 AM.
    04-12-11 04:18 AM
    Metrosexual------SIGHHHHHHH

I have been called a man , dude and now metrosexual, on here for like 2 years

ATTENTION EVERYONE.... the name is sandangel as in SAND ANGEL..... as in Angel of the Beach!
    This is the ONLY freaking place ANYONE mistakes me for a DUDE

And yes the pop up tent camper thing has a water hook up. Cold water only. I can put the tent up but have no idea about all the electrical stuff. Something about electric with propane option and some sort of battery back up. Freaking switches and plugs everywhere. Manual is like gibberishto me. i,ll probably just forgo the electric and do lanterns , grill and my deluxe stay cold cooler

I knew you weren't a guy, but some people just like to be nasty people!! They have nothing nice say, who cares about them have fun camping. . You'll do fine and have a lot of fun.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-11 06:50 AM
    Electricity + propane + new camper don't go well together. Please don't use the electric option if you don't know what you're doing as a lot of fatalities occur in this manor.
    04-12-11 07:34 AM
    I'm a guy too, except when my girlfriend and I are getting REAL kinky!
    highjakker likes this.
    04-12-11 08:14 AM
    SandAngel is not a guy, and everyone seems to keep saying it. But what you wrote the second part hilarious!!!
    04-12-11 11:37 AM
    SandAngel is not a guy, and everyone seems to keep saying it. But what you wrote the second part hilarious!!!
    I still haven't figured out if your avatar is snorting coke or blowing snot out.
    04-12-11 11:58 AM
    I still haven't figured out if your avatar is snorting coke or blowing snot out.
    It's suppose be snorting bbms. Look at what it says Addicted to bbm...
    04-12-11 12:00 PM
    LOL, sorry just my warped sense of humor I guess. I got that but still looking at it...........................
    04-12-11 12:10 PM
    Lol, I thought it was funny too thats why its my picture.
    04-12-11 12:20 PM
    We need pictures or it never happened.
    04-12-11 05:51 PM
    pics! Pics! pics!

04-12-11 08:34 PM
    Sandy..... here ya go....

Camping for Dummies cheat sheet (part of the Dummies series)
    Camping For Dummies Cheat Sheet - For Dummies

And the Camping for Dummies book
    Camping for Dummies [Book]

A Complete Guide to Popup Campers
    [URL="http://www.campingearth.com/popups/"]A Complete Guide To Popup
    Oh and Sandy, when you go camping for the first time, ALWAYS go/take someone that knows what they are doing with you, and you follow their lead. And ALWAYS take a comfortable mattress and a pillow since you have the camper. And if the camp site has running water and fire, you can have all the hot water you want. And for you Angel, let's hope the camp grounds has a shower for the ladies. Most state parks have them. But I am curious, as to why someone that does not like rouging it, wants to actually do it.

Thanks , I'll check out the links.

i'm doing it because I'm trying to be NICE! We will see how being NICE works out
    04-13-11 03:24 PM
    [QUOTE=pkcable;6215342]I'm a guy too, except when my girlfriend and I are getting REAL kinky! [/QUOT

Wheres the freaking thumbs up icon
    04-13-11 03:26 PM
    If you insist!!!!!!!

04-13-11 05:14 PM
    Hawt!! You can expect a lot of pm's now.

04-13-11 08:15 PM
    You call a pop up camper that you hook up to water / electricity roughing it? I thought you meant actually roughing it, like as in a REAL tent in a forest or something.

Just tow it to the camp site, find a guy and ask him to hook it up. I don't know what else to tell you... other than to point out that a camper is hardly "roughing it".
    IMO, if you have a tent you're not roughing it
    Obviously she lost a bet with her boyfriend/husband lol.
    *washes eyes*
    We need pictures or it never happened.
    GAWD NO!
    pics! Pics! pics!

Are you insane?!?
    Thanks , I'll check out the links.

i'm doing it because I'm trying to be NICE! We will see how being NICE works out
    Lol, in all seriousness you'll have fun. It's not too bad being in a camper, or even a tent. True camping you backpack in with a gun and some tarps, kill some animals, cook em over a fire, and make a bed under the stars out of pine needles.
    Those links are good, they should help you out.
    Just have fun - and remember that whoever you're camping with won't care that you haven't showered or bathed.
    04-13-11 11:04 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD