Hi guys. What's going on in this thread?
    If you want to know whats going on here and anywhere else on CB you need to go here. This thread will explain a lot. But a word of warning, you need to read it all and it has 45,000 plus replies.
    01-13-13 07:00 PM
    OP, are you fat American who thinks the USA is the centre of the universe?
    WTF was that for?
    kbz1960, bungaboy and jafobabe like this.
    01-13-13 07:48 PM
    Weird! I've had plenty of posts/threads deleted. Hasn't deterred me from BlackBerry nor CrackBerry.

OP, don't shoot yourself in the foot.
    Best.Mod.Ever.
    01-13-13 07:52 PM
    Keep it nice please. A member made a simple error and couldn't find his posts, that's no reason to trash the thread. If anyone wants a warning or timeout from the forums just PM the request to a moderator, you don't need to behave badly to earn it.
    Although I do agree that everyone needs to keep it nice, what would be the fun in just PMing a mod to get a warning or banned?
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-13-13 10:38 PM
    I posted twice tonight and the posts were deleted. If. The blackberry nation likes to be edited and such. I guess my company and my family will be better off on a non commie phone platform. I was so excited for bb10 but intolerance will run me off. Even from a support group.
    hmmm, what actually did you post that made them delete it? i've seen many people burning & condemning the brand in the past few years, but this is kinda new.
    01-14-13 12:31 AM
    Thanks, Superfly_FR. Now I have to find my beads, and bell bottoms....remember when they were called that, and not flairs, and boys and girls wore them? Oh ya, and I had hair, beautiful hair, too.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-14-13 12:33 AM
    01-14-13 12:44 AM
    There were no posts deleted, simply moved to the appropriate subforum.
    And I PMed the OP to that effect, adding that it is better to come on back and say you made an oopsie, which most of us have done, and apologize for a mistaken rant.
    bungaboy and pantlesspenguin like this.
    01-14-13 12:47 AM
    There were no posts deleted, simply moved to the appropriate subforum.

http://forums.crackberry.com/off-top...ew-toy-762129/

http://forums.crackberry.com/off-top...-rifle-762127/
    To be honest I tried to post on one of his threads when he first posted it and when I pressed submit on my post it told me it was locked. I went back to the thread list and it showed the lock symbol. It appears they have now been moved and re opened. Not trying to create controversy, just giving my take.
    Last edited by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes; 01-14-13 at 03:52 AM. Reason: It appears the locked thread was left locked and moved. It was not reopened.
    01-14-13 01:11 AM
    If you want to know whats going on here and anywhere else on CB you need to go here. This thread will explain a lot. But a word of warning, you need to read it all and it has 45,000 plus replies.
    Oh please. Look at the first reply on that legendary thread. That's right...!
    01-14-13 02:08 AM
    I posted twice tonight and the posts were deleted. If. The blackberry nation likes to be edited and such. I guess my company and my family will be better off on a non commie phone platform. I was so excited for bb10 but intolerance will run me off. Even from a support group.
    one thing that is unfair in your action, is blaming the brand for the not-welcoming attitude that you received. i don't think RIM pay these people to cut off any negative comments. if you're unhappy with the way you're treated, leaving the forums is okay. but putting the blame to the product doesn't make much sense. besides, I'm sure there are still many other BB-related forums for you to address the issues you're having.
    01-14-13 02:53 AM
    To be honest I tried to post on one of his threads when he first posted it and when I pressed submit on my post it told me it was locked. I went back to the thread list and it showed the lock symbol. It appears they have now been moved and re opened. Not trying to create controversy, just giving my take.
    Two threads moved, one thread closed, since it was the same topic.

one thing that is unfair in your action, is blaming the brand for the not-welcoming attitude that you received. i don't think RIM pay these people to cut off any negative comments.
    True

if you're unhappy with the way you're treated, leaving the forums is okay. but putting the blame to the product doesn't make much sense. besides, I'm sure there are still many other GUN-related forums for you to address the issues you're having.
    01-14-13 06:34 AM
    Just getting in, surely?
    middbrew likes this.
    01-14-13 07:50 AM
    Well Herc, anybody here that knows me will testify that I am a gun owner and supporter of gun owners. But seriously why would you start a thread about your new 30-30 in a mobile phone forum? You had to know this was coming if you have any common sense at all and should not be ticked about it. If you didn't see the reaction coming then maybe, just maybe you should not have the new 30-30 as your cognitive skills are not up to snuff. Head on over to AR15.com or XD Forums and post about a new phone and I think you just might get the same response.
    If your leaving then bye-bye.
    Oh just one more thing, don't shoot your eye out.
    I thought more about this. The question has to be asked, is gun ownership appropriate for someone who refers to a lethal weapon as a "toy" and throws a temper tantrum because off-topic posts get moved or deleted?
    01-14-13 08:06 AM
    And I PMed the OP to that effect, adding that it is better to come on back and say you made an oopsie, which most of us have done, and apologize for a mistaken rant.
    But that would have cut short a truly hilarious thread, no? He's done us a favour!
    01-14-13 08:19 AM
    I thought more about this. The question has to be asked, is gun ownership appropriate for someone who refers to a lethal weapon as a "toy" and throws a temper tantrum because off-topic posts get moved or deleted?
    I believe absolutely that a *well regulated militia* has every right AND DUTY to protect civilians.
    I do not believe that anyone has a right to put holes into six year olds' bodies. Any personal right to own semiautomatic weapons ends the day an innocent victim goes into the ground.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    01-14-13 08:24 AM
    In the wrong hands a toaster can be a lethal weapon as can a pogo stick. Just sayin'.
    01-14-13 08:25 AM
    But that would have cut short a truly hilarious thread, no? He's done us a favour!
    I generally don't go for making sport of someone just for amusement's sake. This is probably a fine example of how not to handle a situation on a public forum. It is better to not post and be thought a fool than to press send and remove all doubt, though.
    Branta and bungaboy like this.
    01-14-13 08:27 AM
    In the wrong hands a toaster can be a lethal weapon as can a pogo stick. Just sayin'.
    How far can a toaster or a pogo stick reach to make it possible to destroy lives?

01-14-13 08:28 AM
    How far can a toaster or a pogo stick reach to make it possible to destroy lives?

A couple of four-slicers in a crowded swimming pool and you'll have yourself some trouble.
    01-14-13 08:31 AM
    I generally don't go for making sport of someone just for amusement's sake. This is probably a fine example of how not to handle a situation on a public forum. It is better to not post and be thought a fool than to press send and remove all doubt, though.
    Nope - not him, it moved on way beyond him to general banter.
    01-14-13 08:33 AM
    A couple of four-slicers in a crowded swimming pool and you'll have yourself some trouble.
    And how many instances of that have there been last year?

http://abcnews.go.com/m/blogEntry?id=17079725

http://mobile.slate.com/blogs/the_sl..._at_least.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_2325706.html

Last edited by qbnkelt; 01-14-13 at 08:44 AM.
    01-14-13 08:34 AM
    And how many instances of that have there been last year?

None... YET! but stop giving people ideas!
    01-14-13 08:38 AM

01-14-13 08:42 AM
    I believe absolutely that a *well regulated militia* has every right AND DUTY to procantect civilians.
    I do not believe that anyone has a right to put holes into six year olds' bodies. Any personal right to own semiautomatic weapons ends the day an innocent victim goes into the ground.

For the offender, I would agree. [B]Not for the law-abiding citizens. [/url] If I were to concur with the logic of one relating to the other, since this atrocity took place in a school, Columbine took place in a school, and several other shooting tampages took plsce in schools, shouldn't wr ban assaulted schools? Remove the temptation of soft targets?

I have protected life with rifles and pistols. I will not describe what I have had to do with fully automatic weapons. Sensationalized incidents aside, there are millions of owners of firearms whose weapons have never harmed anyone. I learned to shoot in school, in a classroom, during school hours. There are people alive today thankful that I had such training. There are some bad guys who wish I didn't. Eternal vigilance is the price of safety.
    Engire likes this.
    01-14-13 09:50 AM
154 ... 23456 ...